ReikoX's Workshop

Before I decided to make some pollen, I chopped this male down to the stump. I’ve been watering it lightly to keep the soil alive. Yesterday, while watering, I noticed new growth coming from the stump. I shall name him “Stumpy”! @Worcestershire_Farms, it looks like he wants to make some beautiful babies. :baby_symbol: :baby_bottle: :wink:

13 Likes

Welcome back Stumpy!

99%

4 Likes

That’s hilarious. Dude, when you want a plant to pull thru, you’ve gotta put everything you’ve got, and then some! But when you shun them, they do stuff like this!

Funny world man, funny world. If you get another male gunna have to name him ron. Ron and Stumpy.

3 Likes

The Holy Grail 69 got chopped at about 60 days. I burned her pretty bad with neem oil (not emulsified properly) in the first couple of weeks of flower. She may be culled from the garden, a very lanky girl and has no stretch at all. She has dense nugs with a sweet and kushy smell though.

Transplanted the Delicious Candy clones right into the same pots. I chopped the old plants, cut a new hole, dropped in the new clone, put a thin layer of compost, and covered with barley straw. So far, even these little pots are working with no-till practices.

The Durban Poison are looking much better. The screen is definitely promoting branching, and they are a much healthier color. I haven’t noticed any pre-flowers yet.

12 Likes

I bought mine at the same time you did. I think some of us got in it too…

1 Like

Mine from Amazon was the wrong part. So I ordered one from Home de Pot. Worth every penny!

@ReikoX Nice job on the Ancestral Skunk! Have you tasted it yet? I’m sure they’ll all be different. I have two(same plant) in flower now…week three. I only got one plant out of 100 seeds. I’ll start a thread soon.

1 Like

Wow, that’s so little left and still it is growing… I would keep this one it will show some long vigor it WANTS to live :slight_smile:

1 Like

So I just finished reading “What a Plant Knows”. It’s fascinating that a plant sees light, smells terpenes, and feels gravity.

After reading this, I doubt I will ever top a plant again, it’s like poking their eye out!

6 Likes

They grow new ones. :wink:

99%

1 Like

Have you read Botany of Desire? They have a documentary about it too. It has to do with the who controls who when you grow plants. Like we grow cannabis for its cannabinoids or does the plant produce cannabinoids so we will grow it, ensuring it’s survival as a species.

7 Likes

Thats why i said poking an eye out and not chopping off their head. They can still “see” but it is a serious wound. Oh and apparently plants “remember” this trama as well.

2 Likes

I wonder if the memory results in the reactions to “stress” so many growers seem to prefer.

I will top plants in order to fit them in the tent or better shape them sometimes.

Sometimes, I let them go.

Interesting information. More to feel guilty about. :cry:

99%

2 Likes

I cut off their eye for exactly that reason, it’s an auxin factory and I like extensive branching
Both botany of desire and what a plant knows are both awesome books, along with the three “teaming with…” Books

But can’t we accomplish the same thing by bending the dominant shoots? :wink: To each their own, I will be practicing bending for a while. I’ve topped just about every plant except when doing autos or a SOG.

Ok, reading Botany of Desire next then. $5.99 on Kindle is not bad.

7 Likes

Absolutely, it effectively accomplishes the same goal

2 Likes

I think thats what Im going to do next time. My first grow I did some of everything - LST, FIM and topping. Half way through veg, I realized I wasnt doing the LST correctly. Its amazing how well it works when you do it right.

1 Like

@ReikoX @Worcestershire_Farms Gonna have to looking into those books now.

3 Likes

that means she’ll put out in flower so you don’t poke her in the eye again !

1 Like

So I finished Botany of Desire and I was somewhat dissapointed. I thought the book was going to be more about how plants had evolved to satisfy the desires in man, but was more of a romanticized history of different plants. I enjoyed the reoccurring theme of order vs chaos using the Greek gods. It’s a good philosophical read, but lacked in science. Next up Vermiculture Technologies.

The Durban Poison have bounced back. They are quickly filling in the screen. I should take clones and flip them soon, I expect a bit of stretch from these.

Not all my plants are vegging, here is a Jilly Bean bud shot for you. She’s at six weeks and smells fantastic, man I wish we had scratch and sniff monitors. To be fair, I’m running the other phenotype one more time as well, but it’s going to be hard to beat this one.

18 Likes