ReikoX's Workshop

I agree with the assessment of the book. It does make you think of plants in a different way tho.
In my dropbox link thread I have the complete vermiculture book if you want to check it out.

2 Likes

I know better than to train the screen right after I water, the stems are much more flexible before. I was surprised, however, to see that this one has purple sap!

It was pretty dark, so I dabbed it on a paper towel to see it was indeed purple. I won some seeds off @Baudelaire for a picture of red sap not too long ago, but the real prize is seeing it for myself. The picture of red sap was from the same person who gifted me these seeds.

I also got my SolStrips working. I may have left the wires a bit too long. :grin:

17 Likes

Very interesting with the red sap. I havent seen that on any of mine - Northern Lights and Critical CBD from Nirvana. Is it specific to some strains?

It might be a good thing you left the extra wires. That driver will run pretty hot, so you may want to move it outside the grow space at some point.

Looks good!

That’s why I left them long, for now I just want to try out the plant’s under it. It’s only 3 strips at 120-watts. So no extra heat compared to the 150-watt CMH that was in there.

2 Likes

Just wanted to note how much better these girls look under the SolStrips. Less wattage, less heat, and improved plant health? Yes please!

10 Likes

I’m a believer too! lol

So far, best results out of any grow i’ve done. The solstrips are in my garden to stay!

5 Likes

How are you liking this. I just picked one up today.

Plants with colored sap still amaze me. I’d like to get a hold of some of bodhi’s dragons blood hash plant cross, but everywhere I look they’re unavailable.

1 Like

My seedling mix stayed too wet and none of those clones made it. I only got 33% from the aero cloner that round too. Trying rapid rooters this round :grin:

1 Like

I’ll just use it for tomatoes than TY.

1 Like

Took the girls out for a feeding today and decided to take picture. In the front row, is Zak Haze at about two weeks flowering. In the middle is JillyBean #4 at five weeks. She will most likely get culled after this round. In the back is the JillyBean #2 at eight weeks. She is definitely the keeper from the five pack.

I also took a shot of my mothers, they are a little bit more yellow than I usually would like. I’m trying to keep them on the same “no-till” watering schedule. They also have quite purple stems, I think they are most likely getting too cold as well. I had to take the photo several times to keep my feet out of them, and I still had to crop them out @Uncle_Al.

The Durban Poison are still trying to overgrow my cabinet. Still haven’t gotten any real pistils to show, but they look like females based on growth. The one on the left might be a male, the one on the right is the one that bleeds purple.

19 Likes

Looks nice and healthy.

Great when you do find the right one. :thumbsup:

2 Likes

The smell is amazing! It smells exactly like peeling a fresh tangerine.

5 Likes

My favs are the ones that carry the fruit flavs.

99%

2 Likes

i’d for sure be saving/preserving that one. PURPLE BLOOD FOR ALL!

2 Likes

Rest assured I totally appreciate the lack of gnarly,dirty,bare feet. And I think others here appreciate it too

6 Likes

Well, after roughly a week in flower, the Durban Poison on the left showed his male parts. He’s mulch now. Not sure what to do with the empty spot. Maybe I’ll throw an autoflower seed or two in there to fill the space. Both the two on the right have a few pistils, I hope that stay that way.

I kept a bunch of the bigger fan leaves for the outer wrapping of a cannagar. First sealed them up with the vacuum sealer. They then got placed on top of my hot water heater where that will stay for a few days to “sweat”. After that they will be dried out to about and re-sealed to cure for a week or two.

10 Likes

This usually happens to me outdtoors when some unknown but genetically close species drops some pollen on your pistils, and the plant reacts weird, but can be passed on genetically . i found this for you since i like your expirements :wink:
Polyploidism
Polyploids are individual organisms that possess double the normal amount of chromosomes for the species they belong to. Occasionally, this trait can be fixed into plant species via breeding programs—for example, durum wheat (used to make pasta) is a polyploid form of wheat created via an inter-species cross of two grasses with the typical chromosome count.
In cannabis, rare instances of spontaneous polyploidism can occur if the normal process of cell division malfunctions during development, and can be also be induced in plants that would otherwise develop normally by treatment with a powerful chemical called colchicine.

Polyploidism is considered useful, as it is thought to cause a significant increase in THC production, as well as gigantism (extra large plants with extra large buds!). Up to now, it appears that no true-breeding strains have been developed, although rumours on internet forums suggest that at least one breeder is attempting it. passing the love~~!

18 Likes

Cool info OGpharmer. I had a THC Bomb girl recently that had a branch similar to that. It was like Siamese stems with a double-wide head. I called it carrot-top. :grin:

12 Likes

Yeah, it was pretty cool. It was only those two branches. She grew out of it. She ended up being a keeper based on smell alone. In fact I have some coming up to harvest next weekend.

3 Likes