ReikoX's Workshop

We used to mix our own grain when we were showing our Pygmy Goats. We mixed it in a bin by hand. For a fathers day, I got him one of those plastic cement mixers you really can’t use to mix cement. If I cleaned it up good, the Molasses made a mess would that work or would it not mix the small stuff good enough?

4 Likes

Yeah it would work great. :thumbsup: :green_heart:

1 Like

My dad just harvested the Skywalker OG clones I gave him. He got 7.5 oz. in a 3x3 with a 600-watt HPS. He brought some over for me to squish. When I saw the bud I laughed and though no way will I get more than a dab or two from this. Well, I was wrong. I started with 1.60 grams of Skywalker OG. I put it in the pre-press with no fileters. It was pressed at 95°C and the room temp was 73°F/30%RH. The yield was 0.43 grams or 26.87%. The largest yield I’ve ever gotten!

13 Likes

So I was thinking about the new flowering light I built and the current veg light I’m using. Since they are modular SolStix, I think I’m going to combine the two and remote the drivers.

Currently the six yellow SolStix are 2700K on an HLG-240H-24B. The two darker blue SolStix are 4000K and the lighter blue is 5000K, all three on an HLG-120H-24B. Both is these drivers are dimmable, so that will give me control over spectrum and light level. 360-watts may be a bit overkill for a 30"x30"x30" area, but if @Jellypowered can do it, why not me? :grin:

7 Likes

I’m glad my tendacies to overdo it are shared everywhere! I really wonder just how much my setup has inspired others, I didn’t really see a whole lot of solstrips out there until I got mine up and running. It could be because I was just not looking for them, but part of me likes to think that I helped piqued the interest just that little bit more!

5 Likes

Hi @Jellypowered :+1: do you have a link to a thread about your build… I’m loving this topic… if I could afford to lose the heat from my bulb, I would be placing a solstrips order :grinning::grinning:

1 Like

I actually got my 4000K and 5000K SolStrips before @Baudelaire had the heat sinks available, but the cheap driver and baking sheet weren’t cutting it and money ran out. Once you showed how easy the SolSinks work, I ordered them and once the X1 went on sale, I ordered the rest. Now I just need a cool ammeter like @anon58740919. :grin:

3 Likes

I’m building one now that is 480w 12 strip going into a 22" x 44" x 56" tent. It may be overkill but thats why I got one with an adjustable output :wink:

2 Likes

That’s true for me. If I didn’t see your build and results first hand I wouldn’t have even looked bro.

Not too expensive on eBay bro and saves pulling a multimeter out every time you want to set your output. Are you running both aspects on separate relays or are they all to be run as a permanent fixture bro?

1 Like

One driver for the 2700K bars (240-watt) and another for the 4000/5000K bars (120-watt). Both dimmable. They will replace the 150-watt CMH ballast and bulb.

2 Likes

Not too far off my spectrum really. Just with full strips rather than cobs. I like the idea. Just with the ammeter mate. Your ac live goes through a little ring. So you will have to split the feed to both drivers separately after that. (That’s why I used the sonoff. Same principle for the fan driver) that makes sense to me if it doesn’t read right let me know I’ll try again lol

3 Likes

Yeah, I think I get how it works. AC->ammeter->AC splitter->drivers

Already found it on Amazon prime and tomorrow is payday :thumbsup: :seedling:

6 Likes

That’s the ticket. The one I ordered from amazon never showed up. The one from eBay was here in less than a week. Not too sure what amazon is like your side but they’re not too great here. Look forward to seeing what you do with your strips. So many good projects going on on OG it’s unreal

1 Like

Hey @Robin I’ve got my Build Thread and my Grow Thread (The Grow thread is quite long, but LOTS of good ol OG info in there from many sharp and brilliant minds)

If you like build threads, i’ve also got a lab thread Collection of Experiments

And like @ReikoX I ordered my strips before the Sinks came out, but just barely. I think a week after I ordered them he told me via PM that he was going to be offering custom heatsinks. I might have been his first order on the sinks lol.

@anon58740919 I’m probably jumping on the ammeter bandwagon too, your build is inspiring and I can do better than my duct tape and bailing wire build. Just need to get a half month down time so I can redo the cab like I want lol. My blumats are killin it but I really want to play with ebb and flow/Flood and drain. One day when I have the space I still want to build a PPK setup as seen on IC.

Shit, Now I have one of those on the way too. :thumbsup: Thanks for the link!

4 Likes

I look forward to seeing what you both do now. I’m still seriously considering turning all 3 iws oxypots into single rdwc’s already bought coco. Means I can edge into proper hydro whilst maintaining a false sense of security :joy:

1 Like

Excellent write up on the soil mix. That’s pretty much my standard mix as well. However, I ordered some New Zealand spagmoss to give it a try as a replacement for my promix. It’s the same material just in different states of decomp.

3 Likes

Thanks @DavesNotHere, yeah it’s a pretty basic soil recipe. The first batch was expensive because I had to buy all the ammendments, but that’s made at least 6 cubic feet (45 gallons) of soil and teas with plenty left over.

I’m going to be mixing up a big batch for my outdoor herb garden this spring. I already purchased a used greenhouse I may try and sneak an early autoflower in there. :thinking:

4 Likes

Here is a shot of my whole garden, everything got pulled out and watered today.

Closer look at the Durban Poison, I wish the screen was full, but it’s going to be good anyway.

Closer look at some of the purple buds, finally getting a bit of sweet aroma to them.

20 Likes

So here is the initial light bar. Here I have marked and punched the six new holes.

Next I drilled the holes for the other three bars and the hanging chain. Then I added the 4000K and 5000K light bars. Here are the veg lights all the way turned down.

Here are the bloom lights all the way turned down.

All lights, all the way turned down.

And finally everything turned up to 11!

I didn’t quite finish wiring the LEDs, so just the veg lights are wired currently. I want to put a switch on the AC side of both these drivers.

21 Likes

100% agreed . 20 characters

1 Like