ReikoX's Workshop

Well you know what you need to do next :wink:

Honestly automatic watering has been the biggest and best change I’ve done.

1 Like

Me first :wave:

Yep, she wants to be first.

1 Like

I enjoy watering by hand though. With my Chapin sprayer it’s quick and easy. That being said, I have the electric outlets so that I could do a cycle timer, for example, with the Sonoff. So the possibility is definitely there. :+1::seedling:

3 Likes

Sorry @G-paS my bad for presuming you were a male. Lol. Only tryna help

2 Likes

Hey Cola mate ,I was just gonna tell you that @G-paS is female lol…
Gaz

3 Likes

I really should have used a different name but almost all here were male and I was hiding until I found out how great all you mates are. :raising_hand: G-paS is for hubby.

TY you can call me anything you want as long as I can learn from you all like @ReikoX here.

9 Likes

Not that I’ll be anywhere near as much help as @ReikoX but definitely shout up if you need anything. No need to hide here. This is probably the friendliest Canna community out there :grin:

7 Likes

I dug up about 1/2 cu. ft. of yucca root, washed & cut up with sawzall into chunks. this stuff is TOUGH!

it definitely makes a soap, but i don’t know how much to use for plants… washing the dog is easy, “just add more!” but it’s in my freezer since last year, along with 1/2 gal, home-made LAB, that I also have no planned use for. made the bokashi starter strips & just tossed it to my worms(2 cu. yd. worm pile).

thoughts on how to get more space in my freezer? toss em both in the worm pile?! :wink:

:evergreen_tree:
c.s

i’m very interested to hear the smoke report on this… make my durban cut look like 1970s shit. :stuck_out_tongue:

c.s

2 Likes

I made an extract with a dug up yucca last summer. I chopped the whole plant, roots and all. Put it in a gallon glass jug with some LAB and molasses, and put an air lock on it. That demented for a couple of weeks. I strained and bottled it. I use about 10 ml/gal and it definitely has saponins (that’s what makes it a wetting agent) and foams up like soap.

I also chopped a root up, sun dried it, then powdered it in my coffee grinder. This was then screened to about 120 microns. This also works at about 1/4 tsp/gal.

8 Likes

I have been playing around with the lighting schedule on my controller. Right now, the schedule looks something like this. The orange line is the 2700K strips on a 240-watt driver. The blue line represents the 5000K strips on a 120-watt driver.

Doing a little math, I computed the total theoretical watts for this schedule. I then totaled the area below the blue line and computed the average wattage. The orange line represents the average wattage that the unit is running.

9 Likes

I ordered a pack of creme burlee after talking with you about it on discord. I’m stuck between whether to pop some of those or some it’s it from exotic.

2 Likes

I like the way you science

4 Likes

In nature their is more blue in the morning and more red at evening
Maybe worth trying out?
I always wanted to start with 250 MH then add 400HPS for midday then turn the MH off after “lunch” to get similar to outdoor, indoor.
Would love to do proper experiments with clones in seperate rooms.
With LEDs it seems the spectrums you can create are almost endless.

I tried dropping from 18 to 10hrs in 15 minute segements, took ages to flower but quality was really good
Very jealous of the plants and the setup that allows you to try things.
Good growing man

8 Likes

i wonder if there’s a “recording” light meter or something that could show a years worth of solar raditiation at a given spot… hmmm

2 Likes

Thanks for pointing that out, I accidentally switched those when I set it up. I originally planed the midday to be more blue, but at this point I’ll just keep it how it is to avoid stressing the plants. Next run I plan to swap the warm and cool channels, maybe some other modifications too. I want to get the average up to about 250 watts.

1 Like

One interesting feature of this controller is location simulation. You can program it to, for example, simulate the day length and current weather for the Amazon.

6 Likes

Yeah.
N during Spring light is gainin more n more blue, but durin Autumn light gains more n more red (thats why cannabis grows better with more blue, but it flower better with more red.)

2 Likes

@G-paS said “she” wishes

99%

2 Likes

He can call me what every you want for a custom light.

6 Likes