ReikoX's Workshop

What’s the benefit of this ingredient and is something new you’ve made part of your Repertoire?

6 Likes

Hmmm, maybe try “rehydrating” the pen.

Place the pen with enough fresh KCL calibration/storage solution in a small cup to fully engulf the glass for ~24hrs or so. But, before that, cleaning the bulb doesn’t hurt. I usually use wetted q-tips to remove any gunk / film from the bulb and the junction. The KCL solution should “measure” around 4, FWIW.

Rinse then try to recalibrate again.

6 Likes

What brand of peat do you use?

2 Likes

It is something I made a few months ago and am working with. The purpose is a wetting agent. Reetha is high in saponins, and used as a natural soap. A teaspoon per gallon makes a ton of foam. :+1::seedling:

This is exactly what I’m doing now, cleaned it and soaking in KCL. It’s a Bluelab pen.

Plain peat moss with nothing added. Home DePot Caries the Sunshine brand, that’s what I got last time.

4 Likes

Mothers got a trim last night.

Took a few cuttings last night. Juanita la Lagrimosa, Adonis, and Grass Monkey need to be replaced, they are getting woody stems and too tall. I also took some cutting of JillyBean for a friend.

20 Likes

“Rehydrating” worked, I’ll add it to my monthly maintenance…

14 Likes

Bought a Jeep this weekend. :grin:

29 Likes

I’ve noticed that the built in “reservoir” for the storage solution in the Blu-lab pens evaporates pretty quickly.

And, you’ve reminded me to take a look and, sure enough, getting pretty dry. Good timing :+1:

4 Likes

Hey @ReikoX , your now going to have to buy a bigger boat :joy:
Cheers Johnny

6 Likes

How often do you re-calibrate your ph pen?

5 Likes

Whenever the check mark goes away… I think that’s once a month.

5 Likes

I guess I should have read the instructions. Wonder if that’s the reason my plant is having problems…oops

4 Likes

If in doubt, I would recalibrate. In hydro, pH can cause lots of issues.

7 Likes

I have been wanting to run these for a bit. Jabba’s Stash by Bodhi. I will run these in 3-gallon radicle bags with the water only soil recipe I posted earlier. Genetic testing will be used to eliminate the males quickly.

19 Likes

Nice Jeep ReikoX! That looks like fun! One of these days I will have to get a fun car.

I’m thinking about doing a soil mix outdoors myself this summer so you peaked my interest with your last post. Is your water only soil mix the one recently on post 1036? Searching the thread I found a couple.

Thanks

4 Likes

Pretty dope with the gen test, how much to a test like that for 8 plants cost?

3 Likes

Pretty pricey actually, $89 USD plus tax, S&H.

4 Likes

Are you ph the tea? Doesn’t the high ph of the silica drive up the ph of the soil over long term?

2 Likes

No I dont bother with adjusting the pH of the teas. In my organic soil mixes, the microbes take care of that for me.

5 Likes

Are you using tap water? What’s your ph. I’m asking because I run a no til/ recycled/ organic whatever you wanna label it as. Anyways my tap water is around 8-8.5. I’m experiencing some difficulties in latest grow. Some said a silica drench with high ph stays in the soil longer. So I thought this was my problem on latest plant along with the high ph of water. I understand the microbes take care of it but in my situation they can’t ph does still matter. So I’m trying to correct it with sulfur. I’m just interested in how others do they’re no til. I love I just water, grind some barley, and do IPM’s. Maybe some kelp teas or alfalfa but usually just foliar water and they love it. Thanks for any help!

1 Like