ReikoX's Workshop

My water is terrible, I use RO.

2 Likes

Well guessing running a lab isn’t cheap, but yeah thats kinda steep priced for home growers.
Sure if your running a commercial op, seed production or something like that, it sounds like a very helpful tool.

3 Likes

Its helpful to keep my plant numbers down. I am limited to four floweing plants and 12 non-floweing plants. Technically a cutting counts as non-flowering plant…

7 Likes

Sprayed the clones with a light nutrient solution. No roots yet.

Forgot about the Jabba’s Stash seeds I dropped Friday night. They sat in water for 48 hours, I usually let them sit for 12-24 hours. They got direct planted into a soiless peat/compost/perlite mix.

14 Likes

heat mat under the dome. One of them had a bit of helmet head and needed some assistance. I hope the last one comes up, I was afraid I drowned them by leaving them in the water for so long. Looks like I caught them just in time.

Clones are starting to show roots. I’ve been lightly spraying them with nutrients to keep them looking green. It seems to be working well, and I will likely add this to my normal cloning regimine.

15 Likes

Your clones are looking great today. I’ve always only misted with straight water. Mine can get to looking pretty rough before roots present. What nutes do you use and how often?

I’ve always misted mine with plain water for the first week and then stop to make them root to go looking for water elsewhere.

6 Likes

Just spraying every couple of days with a watered down flowering nutrient… just what I had on hand.

4 Likes

Still only have 7/8 on the Jabba’s stash. I have been slowly opening up the dome to harden them off. Once they get their next node, I will take the samples for the Gen kit. I should get the results back long before these are ready for a transplant.

The clones are starting to root. I went ahead and transplanted a few of them into cups. I ended up with two Juanita la Lagrimosa, two Grass Monkey, and three Jilly Bean rooted right now. Some small roots on a few other plants. Just waiting patiently.

The Zak Haze clone is just taking it’s time being super slow. Nest time I transplant a clone into the no-till, I will make sure it is well rooted in a beer cup first. According to my notes, she was transplanted from a well rooted clone on January 18. That’s a little over 10 weeks ago :scream:

15 Likes

Sorry for the lack of updates. Life has gotten crazy. I went to Denver for the DGC Cup this weekend. A good time was had by all.

27 Likes

Nice haul, anything just spectacular that you saw or smoked there?

7 Likes

The Zak Haze clone is just not taking off like I want it to. I may end up just culling it and replacing it with some other clones. I’m not sure what the issue is, but the clover seems to be doing just fine, so I doubt it is the soil.

Speaking of other clones. Here are a bunch of clones: Adonis, Grass Monkey F2, Jilly Bean and Juanita la Lagrimosa. A couple of them will be going to replace mothers.

The Jabba’s Stash are starting to get hungry. The LC soil base I used has no nutrients in it. They have started to eat their leaves, so it is time for new homes.

Luckily for me I got my sex test back. I passed. :grin: I ended up with four non-males so I transplanted them into three gallon radicle bags.

23 Likes

So this happened last night, two Cherry Tart mothers were going to get the chop anyway.

Got tired of waiting for that Zak Haze to take off. I figured out why it wasn’t though. The clover roots were strangling it super thick about 6" deep! Even the water was having trouble penetrating it.

20 Likes

That’s a trip, and rather unexpected. That’s not a common occurrence, is it?

2 Likes

No, this is not a normal occurence. I usually sow my clover at the same time as my plants. This time I had a delay, so the clover was the only thing in there for quite a while. Once these girls get big, they will shade out the clover.

5 Likes

Even the best cant get it right every time. :+1:

3 Likes

Ah, gotcha. I used to plant empty Solo cups where I was going to put the plants if I started my cover crop first, and would transplant from Solo cups into those spots when ready, but only because I am lazy. It never occurred to me that it might have helped with any other issue.

Pic doesn’t show it, but I sowed clover everywhere there wasn’t a Solo cup so that there’d be an easy way to transplant without digging, etc. when the time came.

11 Likes

Been using lentils for cover cropping and N-fixation recently and fairly happy with the thin wispy plants they produce. You ever tried em?

3 Likes

Here’s a question:

Next time around I am going to put some coriander or dill in the pots to make sure there are no pests (that and I love and could use both), but I am growing in Coco. Is there any advantage to using clover, lentil or alfalfa?

1 Like

@Howard.Crane,
Normally I do the same thing. Mind you this clover has been growing for 4 or 5 months now. When they get sown at the same time, it’s not much if an issue.

@DiggySoze,
My mix has clover, lentils, and vetch in it. I’ve never used lentils alone though.

@WMoon518,
Yes, clover and lentils are nitrogen fixers. They will pull nitrogen from the air and return it to the soil when they die off. The coriander should definitely help with pests though. :+1::seedling:

11 Likes

So it will have a beneficial effect with Coco? I may try it then, with the Coriander and Dill (Have to have dill for my pickling)

4 Likes