ReikoX's Workshop

Thank you kindly friend. Was trying to explain what I’ve made and got stuck on whether it’s F1 or S1 :rofl: plants are looking biddy BIG ballas as usual by the way :+1:t2:

3 Likes

So if you self a plant (S1?), then dust one of the seeds with pollen from the selfed plant is that now a S2.

Also would using fem pollen on a random noway related plant still be F1?

1 Like

It’s hard to say. The whole “S1” thing isnt a real botanical term. So it you reversed a plant and pollinated itself it would be called S1. If you took one of the S1 seeds and pollonated itself, it would be an S2. That being said, selfing is not a practice I would recommend at all.

9 Likes

Gas & Guns at day 76. Almost there…

30 Likes

Just beautiful @ReikoX. Those are looking like some sweet easy to trim tops u got there.

2 Likes

Thanks for the clarification. Is selfing not recommended due to possible hermies or other potential mutations?

2 Likes

That would be my opinion, yes.

4 Likes

So taking a few clones/cuttings from a plant before reversing what remains then applying the reversed pollen to the clones still gives you s1 seeds?? Am I’m correct in that assumption??

1 Like

Yes, the ‘S’ stands for self. So if a plant pollinated itself, it would produce and S1. An S1 is not at all like a clone and will not produce plants identical to the original.

7 Likes

In your opinion, why would selfing cause herms? After all, GPS and scatbubble have used S1s as half of their business and personally have never seen complaints about their legit S1s. By legit I mean excluding the trash hemp seeds they bought a couple years ago

2 Likes

F1-5 is a lockout for clones for herb.

It would only increase intersex if that was already in the parent’s geens. A lot of people will label a bagseed as an S1 (happens with GG4 a lot). In this case the intersex tendencies are there in the parent’s geens.

Cannabis is an obligate outcrosser, meaning the male and female parts come from different plants. Selfing can create bottlenecks etc. They are also a great tool to see exactly what may be hidden in a given line. Chimera is fond of using S1s for research purposes, then traditional breeding to isolate and stabilize the trait.

15 Likes

wowzers Mr X beautiful!!!

3 Likes

I love the knowledge you are dropping. It all seems to line up.

5 Likes

Gas and Guns, done at 77 days.

Found a bit more bud rot, hopefully I dont find much more.

Fed the leaves and bud rot to the worms.

Worms like to collect on the lid for sexy time.

32 Likes

Thank you so much my friend

what a great read and so much info

all the best and grow well

Dequilo

Oh nice workshop :wink:

7 Likes

Alright, can get behind that. wont here unless trait is already there. But same could be said for male and female breeding. Thanks again

3 Likes

Yes, totally could happen with male/female or even line breeding. :+1::seedling:

5 Likes

Why would you do that when you can just take a clone and turn that. Then pollinate the mother?

1 Like

As I don’t have room to keep a mother plant. Also it takes a while to root and grow clones big enough to be able to carry seeds. That bit time would be enough to reverse the mother.

5 Likes