Resinous Males and Breeding

If it’s from Peakseeds I’m more than happy to order some!

I have a few packs of blueberry from him I have to run still.

I’m waiting to use my c99 pollen on a 15 year old sensi NL cutting my good friend has been running. Think it will make a good pairing.

3 Likes

Hello people I’ve read about males and sometimes I read that males showing pistils are good for breeding, is that true? or it’s just another hermaphrodite and has to be killed, I ask why I have one of these and wanted to know if I kill or do something:

3 Likes

The male that I posted a photo of before has now shown pistils in its bonsai father form under 18/6. The c99 of peak’s is known to be extremely good as far as any hermaphrodism and yet this happens. I have seen this before with c99 in a Joey Weed’s male that did the same, but was not as resinous. I have had his sister outside in the most stressful conditions this year and yet no male flowers, as expected with the line. In fact, I have not heard of one single female showing male flowers in the line.

I have made a cross with this male and will be making more in the near future and will definitely report back on whether there is any hermaphrodism in the female offspring. I do know that when root space is limited, that they act a little funny and I have seen that with other c99 as well.
I definitely want to see what happens before I remove mine, as the girl has dealt with extreme temperature ranges, horrible mite infestations(the least affected by far), and mold (another plant beside it), to produce what will be some of my best outdoor bud ever.

What cultivar is your male?

3 Likes

pineapple chunk barney’s farm x biker kush karma genetics

1 Like

She grew under 24 hours of light for a while, then I put it under 12/12 until it showed sex after I put it with others but it just started spring on my continent so I imagine the change in frequency of light has stressed him out. but I always put a lot of stress on my plants to eliminate this hermaphrodite trait, and this is the first time I have seen it on this cross that I call a pine biker. What I do know is that the kush biker sometimes shows some balls, but I take off and they don’t come back.

1 Like

Sorry no herms a good herm for breedin despite wut they say. N thats fer sher a stress herm.

Unlike sum peeps here I wouldnt use ne strain w herm tendencies fer ne breedin. No way no how. Find a diff male whos stable.

2 Likes

I think @CLOSETGROWTH might be able to tell you if that cross would be good!

2 Likes

**C99F1 x NL#5 aka "Glass Slipper **

8 Likes

Wow - well if I get something in that league I’ll be happy :slight_smile: looks like a big yielder - no floppiness there!

My NL clone is pollinated with the resinous C99 male - so I should have a couple seeds to play with around mid November.

Would love to have a detailed description of what glass slipper is like scent wise. What did the C99 impart on the NL?

The NL cutting I’m using was from a pack of Sensi NL from about 2004. My buddy has kept this one plant going for the last 15 years and is all he grows. Strong weed, virtually no smell in flower. Very resinous. Goes about 10-11 weeks to ripen. Leaves aren’t wide - but not Sativa narrow. Bush like structure - rock hard buds.

Really interested to see what this cross does… mainly want to see if the male does anything cool with it being resinous.

4 Likes

I found this male snow lotus x unknown mother and it was excellent smelling of fuel etc and tight nodes etc but i don’t want any males so i snipped him, if i didn’t have other plants id have took some pollen from him.
Typical - if i was looking for a good male then …
I flipped my plants for just two nights and back to veg and that’s 3 males that have shown, plus two females but a couple others are still ‘sexless’ lol.
Gaz

3 Likes

Put it in a ziplock bag and pop it in the fridge, it will be good for about 6 to 8 weeks.

After that you can root it.

4 Likes

I talked to him a while back. I’m looking forward to grabbing his sweet skunk. Then once I looked more, I’d like to have a lot of his. He’s the kind of peeps I like to buy from the rare times I do.

Have you run his Blueberry before? His Northern Lights? peace

I know this was to Cannaloop, but I have 6 Blueberry from him going right now in another thread.

Flowering begins Monday!

2 Likes

I have his Blueberry and NL and just haven’t got to run them yet. I just need to see how the C99 finishes outdoor and then go from there. He gave me C99xNL as a freebie last time, so I’ve been wondering about them too, especially since @CLOSETGROWTH has been posting about his Glass Slipper…
@man-bot, I’m definitely following that thread :yum:

2 Likes

@CLOSETGROWTH I’ve scrolled back up and looked at that root mass like 10 times now very nice

1 Like

nice op.
No big trichomes but not enough ethylene to make pistils.
I have sprayed males with ethylene and it will get pistils and truchomes.
Kind of pointless imo unless u lost the female u wanted to replicate and only 1/4 will be fem or something if u selfi it…
South window sill grow found 1 male keeper smells great too. firehead’s F2 of black widow
Sealed and freezed it February hopefully still viable.

4 Likes