Restless leg syndrome treatment - any recommended strains?

My wife has the restless leg syndrome, and I had a Brazil Amazonia that really helps. I have a couple of jars left, but unfortunately I screwed up propagation with that mother and lost the cultivar. Could anyone recommend a seed source in the USA that targets this affliction?
Props go out to Goodhope Hydro in DC for providing this strain in their cloning classes where I picked it up a couple of years ago!

Thanks OG folks!

9 Likes

10 Best Cannabis Strains for Restless Leg Syndrome

1. Romulan

Romulan is an Indica marijuana strain that has a high chance of reducing restless leg syndrome. It is a commonly used by medical marijuana patients to reduce pain and control muscle spasms. The high from Romulan delivers sedative and relaxing effects. This strain provides a slight high, which is great for medical marijuana users who do not want to feel the effects of highs like reality distortion and paranoia.

2. Harlequin

Harlequin is a Sativa based strain that is well known for its significant CBD content. CBD is beneficial for many health problems such as back pain, nausea, and stomach issues, because of its ability to interact with pain receptors in the brain. It is for this reason that the Harlequin strain is the perfect Indica for RLS.

This strain is also helpful in curbing anxiety, depression, and stress. Harlequin is an excellent choice for medical marijuana users because the high does not obstruct everyday activity.

3. Charlotte’s Web

Charlotte’s Web cannabis strain is another cannabis strain that can reduce the symptoms of restless leg syndrome. It has a high CBD and low THC content, which makes it highly sought after by medical marijuana patients.

It works to regulate the body’s movement and reduce shaking and jiggling in your legs. This strain is also useful for lowering seizures and muscle spasms. Some users may not want to smoke or vape cannabis, and the better option may be CBD oils or tinctures for restless legs.

4. ACDC

ACDC is a hybrid marijuana strain that is preferred by medical marijuana patients because of its high CBD content. Not only that – this strain has little to no intoxicating effects on the mind. ACDC is used to treat body pain, seizures from epilepsy, and the side effects of chemotherapy.

If you are looking to reduce restless legs, ACDC will provide benefits such as total body relaxation and improved sleep. This strain can be taken during the day because it does not obstruct focus and productivity.

5. Grandaddy Purple

Granddaddy Purple is an Indica marijuana strain that is high in THC content. The THC content helps with insomnia, nausea, loss of appetite, and muscle spasms. This strain is a good choice for restless leg syndrome, as it can bring on complete body relaxation and sleep.

It is quite potent and not suitable for daytime use. It’s best consumed at night time to take the edge off your day. Granddaddy Purple is also efficient in reducing anxiety, stress, and depression.

6. Holy Ghost

Holy Ghost is a hybrid strain that is used mainly for its uplifting and mellow effects on the mind. The high comes down with a warmth all over the body. This strain is among the best weed for restless leg syndrome.

It can target symptoms of restless leg syndrome such as tingling, itching, and crawling sensations. The Holy Ghost strain can also help relax the body and promote sleep, which can be a problem for sufferers of this condition.

7. Jack Herer

Jack Herer is a hybrid strain with mostly Sativa qualities. It leads to a blissful and clearheaded cerebral high. After the mind high manifests, users start to feel a body high characterized by a boost in energy. It is the perfect weed strain for daytime use. It can take away anxieties and insecurities. Users of Jack Herer report that it reduces the symptoms of restless leg syndrome. Taking this strain may cause some hunger.

8. Stephen Hawking Kush

Stephen Hawking Kush (SHK) is an Indica-dominant strain created to deliver a high CBD content. Due to its high CBD and low THC content, this strain is ideal for reducing pain and relaxing the body while maintaining focus and productivity throughout the day.

SHK promotes a sense of well being and produces waves of relaxation throughout the body. It is also perfect for reducing restless leg syndrome because it regulates body movement.

9. Cannatonic

Cannatonic is another hybrid strain that was created to increase CBD content. This strain helps relieve restless leg syndrome because of its relaxing and numbing properties. It takes the focus away from the sensations caused by RLS, such as tingling, crawling, and itching.

Cannatonic also uplifts and relaxes the mind, making it ideal for anxiety and tension relief. Using this strain can also reduce headaches, back pain, and muscle spasms.

10. Pennywise

Pennywise is an Indica-dominant strain that contains a significant amount of CBD. This strain takes effect quickly and brings on a gentle cerebral high followed by total body relaxation. Even though this strain has slightly intoxicating properties, users report that they can carry out everyday tasks with focus.

This strain soothes the body, making it useful for restless leg syndrome. It is also suitable for reducing stress, anxiety, and depression.

11 Likes

I can vouch for Harlequin or Harley-Tsu. Both my mother and I find it nicely relaxing in the legs.

5 Likes

Holy crap that was fast.
Thank you, I bow to your Google Fu MonkeyMan.

7 Likes

world seeds has a brazil amazonia, seen it in many USA seedbanks

4 Likes

Thank you Who. I was told the cutting was Brazil Amazonia, and I trust the Goodhope Hydro folks in DC completely. But I don’t want to put 4 months into a maybe it was or wasn’t kinda situation.
Just a chance to prop the Goodhope Hydroponics there. Great folks, great community, good prices too. I sourced a Brazil Amazonia, Pakistan Valley, and a Big Devil during one of their propagation classes.
I got the cutting 5 years ago, so the source is pretty much unverifiable.
Thank you for the pointer very much.

2 Likes

Avoid any strains that have Thai genetics, it lights up my nerve pain like the operation game!

2 Likes

I somewhat mentored a buddy of mine, and he suffers from RLS. I gifted him the Urkle cut 11 years ago early on in his growing journey, as that was the only bud that gave him almost complete remission. He grows that cut to this day, and hasn’t suffered but 2 episodes in 11 years.
I cant speak from personal experience, but I can speak on his.

:sunglasses:
Doc

5 Likes

Thank you so very much for the input subsoil!

2 Likes

Great pointer Meesh.
Thanks a bunch!

3 Likes

When you get a chance down the road give that GoodHope place a shout and let them know how much it helped. They likely still know the source of that particular plant. I’m sure they’d love to hear the success story. Best vibes on your search.

2 Likes

Thanks GMan. To be honest I never really considered contacting them because so much time had passed. Now I’m gonna have to ring them.
Thanks for the poke!

2 Likes

I’d recommend avoiding the dutch sativa “drug hybrid” type strains like jack herer because the high has a “buzzing” physical sensation. I know this varies from person to person, but people almost universally refer to the high from jack herer and white widow as a “buzz” because it induces physical sensations.

this type of effect is really counter productive for restless leg syndrome.

3 Likes

Omg my wife have rls something terrible. She takes meds for it but still gets break through. I’ve had her try several different strains with no luck.

2 Likes

Any updates here on strain suggestions for RLS? I have a “patient” I’m looking to help out. Thanks!

Unfortunately I don’t have anything to contribute. At the time I had big Devil, a Pakistan valley, and Brazil Amazonia strains I had picked up from New Hope Hydro in D.C. The Brazil Amazonia did the trick for my old lady, but I f’d up and did not preserve that particular cultivar.

1 Like

So she’s been unable to find any relief from other strains since that time?

I grew a good bit, so there’s still some jarred up. The other 2 gave her some relief, it’s that the BA was the best ratio of medicinal/recreational for her. The stuff is so old that most of the THC is probably all CBN by this point. She hasn’t sampled any of the newer strains I have worked.

1 Like

I also have this shit and I can tell you I drive my wife nuts at night in bed with it with all the rocking and kicking out shit.I have Purple Kush on day 30 of flower I’ll come back when I have had a smoke report and experimented to see if I’d did anything for it.Was told Purple Kush is supposed to be heavily Narcotic we shall see

1 Like

So you’ve tried (I’m guessing) dozens of strains so far & nothings helped your RLS? @CapnCannabis