Return to growing after almost 20 years..

Try it out you can get them bags on amazon for like $12.00. Honestly it is the only thing i have been smoking the last 2.5 months. I just opened a jar of runtz and blue dreams and miss that sweet smoke of hash,. Looks like i will be good for another month. cant wait to do the blackberry kush.

gR

1 Like

Thanks for the report.

1 Like

Friend stopped by this afternoon and gave me some mushroom caps… soooooo… I’m out in the grow house this evening on eternity’s road “searching to find… a piece of mind…”

Stay happy my friends.,. lots of work to be done this weekend! CHOP CHOP!

GR

3 Likes

My Friends! What a exciting thanksgiving week this is going to be!

So the Blackberry Kush did not get chopped over the weekend.

Last Thursday Micro

** Friday Micro **

**Sunday Micro **

Look at how quickly they changed in a couple of days. I was starting to think these would go 11-12 weeks but as advertised 10weeks seems to be spot on. This blackberry will be chopped today!

Tomorrow we will start the test of drying vs trimming using two different hydro meters. I will post another outline on what we will be doing later today.

The weather here has turned cold. 21f last night. I have finally been able to turn the window ac unit off and the lights are keeping the tents around 68f when on and 58f when off. Some leaves are starting to turn purple with the next grow which is expected because of the low temps. The phreaky Dreams doesnt seem to like the colder temps. So it looks like we might have a cold temp growing test getting ready to start. More post about this grow after we get done with the Blackberry Kush harvest.

GR

8 Likes

12 Likes

Happy Thanksgiving Day my friends!

The turkey isn’t the only thing getting baked today

GR

2 Likes

Just a heads up these things are going on sale on friday. If your looking for a way to monitor your grow environment they work great!
GR

3 Likes

My friends! What a busy week! Getting all the pics and data from the trimmer test together to share. Very impressed with the harvest from the first blackberry kush plant!

GR

7 Likes

I’m bushed but wanted to share a few more pics before I leave the grow house. Update tomorrow.
One down… One to go!

14 Likes

My Friends! Man on man what a busy two weeks and what a bad friend I have been by not providing updates but promising to do so.

So where are we.

The BlackBerry Kush #1 has been trimmed and put in jars. Totals on the plant are as follows.

Total Weight: 253.13g
After Trim 149.07g
Trim weight 157.38g

Total Oz Trim 5.32
Total oz Shake 5.62
Total Oz 10.94

I also had it tested. Not too shabby dabby 19% THC very little CBD. 11oz total weight… I’ll take that all day long……

Drying time vs time to use a Trimmer test.

Day 1 of drying buds put in Wide mouth Mason jars.

• 89% Moisture reading from Black Hydro Meter
  • 86% Moisture reading from Lid hydro meter
  • No attempt to trim. We know it is too wet.
  • Room temp 60-64F / Humidity 41-46%

Day 2 of drying buds put in Wide mouth Mason Jars

• 79%% Moisture reading from Black Hydro Meter
  • 77%% Moisture reading from Lid hydro meter

Day 3 of drying buds put in Wide mouth Mason Jars

• 71%% Moisture reading from Black Hydro Meter
  • 73%% Moisture reading from Lid hydro meter

Day 4 of drying buds put in Wide mouth Mason Jars

• 67% Moisture reading from Black Hydro Meter
  • 69% Moisture reading from Lid hydro meter

Day 5 of drying buds put in Wide mouth Mason Jars

• 63% Moisture reading from Black Hydro Meter
  • 61% Moisture reading from Lid hydro meter
  • Hanging plant starts to “feel light” when rotated.

Day 6 of drying buds put in Wide mouth Mason Jars

• 54% Moisture reading from Black Hydro Meter
  • 55% Moisture reading from Lid hydro meter
  • Attempt to Trim, very little trim in bowl unwanted leaves still on trimmed bud.
  • Hanging plant starts to “feel lighter” when rotated.

Day 7 of drying buds put in Wide mouth Mason Jars

• 46% Moisture reading from Black Hydro Meter
  • 44% Moisture reading from Lid hydro meter
  • Attempt to Trim, Lots of trim in bowl. Trimmed Bud looks nice.
  • Trimmed the rest of the plant minus a few stalks to continue the test.
  • Trimming at this point ½ your weight is going to be trim. No loss, make hash or edibles.
  • Hanging plant is “feeling lighter” when rotated.

Day 8 of drying buds put in Wide mouth Mason Jars

• 41% Moisture reading from Black Hydro Meter
  • 42% Moisture reading from Lid hydro meter
  • Attempt to Trim, more than last time trim in bowl. Trimmed Bud looks perfect.
  • Trimmed the rest of the stalks. Test ended.
  • Trimming at this point more than ½ your weight is going to be trim. No loss, make hash or edibles.
  • Hanging plant is “REALLY light” when rotated.

Test Conclusion:

• Day 6 → use the trimmer if you want less shake/trim. You will have to follow up with manual clipping. (54% - 55% Moisture/Humidity in bud)
  • Day 7 → use the trimmer now if you want ½ and ½ bud and trim. (44% - 46% Moisture/Humidity in bud)
  • Day 8 → use the trimmer now if you want really nice buds and a lot of trim. (41% - 42% Moisture/Humidity in bud)
  • The number of drying days is not important. What is important is the amount of moisture in the bud still when you go to use a trimmer.
  • The number of drying days will vary depending on the environment they are dried in. Ideally you want to be around 60F with 55%RH. If you replicate this test your days to trim could be different. Concentrate on the moisture in the bud when making the decision to use a trimmer. I know these things are drying to quick in my environment.

There are no buds in the jars , just a test when i first got them for the drying test

Another little thing I did this harvest with the purple kush is bring back “nugging”. Nugging is what we use to do when growing under CFL lights. If you have grown that way before you know the buds are very “airy”. I use to put them on cardboard after trimming and still a little wet to make them “nug up”. The idea is water is heavy. Cardboard absorbs water and humidity. If you lay a bud down on cardboard the weight of the moisture in the bud plus the capillary action of the cardboard causes the bud to compress under its own weight. This gives buds a “denser” feeling but it does make them smaller. If you’re into bag appeal, try it sometime when you harvest. These buds are dense already, but I wanted to show how I use to do it.

Blackberry Kush #2

Chopped on 12/4. The temps have dropped considerably to where there is no window unit on anymore and the inside of the growing room is never making it 70 during the day. Tents can get up to 75 inside but at lights out it gets cold into the high 50’s. This will make the completion time of cloudy to tan slower. One thing I was fighting was the plant was ½ and ½ meaning that one half to the plant had lighter and the other side had more tans. It is because of amount of light or lack of on the slow side and blocking I did to the plant during vegging. Overall, it had about 80/20 and it got chopped. I need the space know what mean? :blush:

I am running the same drying vs trimming test thing go around too. We will also be comparing the yield from the beanstalk BBK #1 and BBK#2 which had less veg time and was a smaller plant. I am pretty sure I know the answer but wanted to record it here since it presented itself.

I will post the yield etc once she is trimmed up. So far on batch4 which were 3 plants 2BBK and 1 Purple Kush our yield so far is.

2022-12-06 22_07_58-CbeeInfo.xlsx - Excel
2022-12-06 22_06_40-CbeeInfo.xlsx - Excel

“Hey what the hell is blocking?” Answer: Blocking is something I have developed to combat the amount of trimming work that needs to be done on very Kushy plants. The idea is this. 70%+ kush plants produce more leaves than you will ever see in your life. You will spend a ton of time trimming these girls up. What I do is push the plants closer to the edge of the wall of the tent when they are taking off. The negative pressure of my exhaust fans at the top of the tent causes the sides to “cave in” into the plants. This causes the plant to not grow in these areas meaning there is less to trim in the future. I think I left the plant “blocked” too long causing ½ plant not to get as much light. Here is an example of blocking. See the two in Zskittles in the back they look like blocks. Picture is provided by a customer I am working with. Thank you sweatpea! Your grow is looking great!

Phreaky Dreams - “For she was his secret treasure, She was his shame and his bliss”

Man oh man this has been fun! Watching genetics play out for the first time is just fun stuff.

I talked to the grandpa of the freakshow male and he was showing pictures of a budding phreaky dreams and she is some kinda pretty. So I might just work this line next year some in the fall. I expect to be breeding more than yield growing and if it is any good why not run with it.

I don’t have freakshow grandpa’s perms to post his pic because I am stoner and forgot to ask but I did take his picture and mine and used a AI art generator and combined the pictures for art on seed packages if I continue to run with it. What do ya’ll think?

I will be doing a Tropical cookie seed run in feb as my grow buddy found a male, our first one from about 80 seed pops in a year. So, we cloned it and now to keep them alive until I am ready. I got 4, 3 are good candidates. I have re-ordered Tcookie seeds from .nl as I don’t want to breed cousins. Popping seeds in a couple of weeks.

I guess that is all I got my friends. I’ve been a very busy grow papa!

Your Friend
GR

14 Likes

Great read brother.

4 Likes

Innovative techniques, clear and detailed reporting!

Very well done @Gravitys-Rainbow!
-Grouchy

4 Likes

Thanks guys. I appreciate the feedback.
GR

1 Like

Love this grow log. You’re Killin it brother.

2 Likes

Great Update. Very good detail/

:green_heart: :seedling:

2 Likes

10 Likes

My friends busy weekend!

Trimmed the second blackberry kush and the total numbers are in.

We got another 9.5 oz of the second BBK but more trim than bud (above i mentioned that the plant seem to drying a little too quick. This is probably the result of it. More shake but hey nothing goes to waste and hash it shall be!

Not too shabby 1.7pounds off 3 plants… I’ll take that!

Speaking of hash… HAHA boy was I surprised today when I ran the first BBK (5.6oz) of trim through the bubbles machine… Yeah man purple water! Look like grape juice! that I wanted to drink it.

2022-12-11 18_32_00-IMG_8213.HEIC ‎- Photos|430x500

As I sat there smoking hash, high as sheeet, from the purple kush I got a idea… Think I might be on to something to use the by product of hash making… More research needs to be done but I can tell yah what… You will probably smell like a fruit potty plant when you put it on.

More to come later!
GR

9 Likes

Not much going on my friends. Update on new grow coming soon.
GR

5 Likes

As I gear up for my tropical cookie seed run #1 I got to thinking if I even needed to put the males in octo’s??

Should I just aavoid the extra work of packing a octo and having to unpack it later?

The sunshine mix I use in the octos is not the cheapest in the world and was considering using some fox soil w/ TPS to grow the males in.

My octo friends or breeders or et Al, what are your thoughts?

GR

4 Likes

I keep males in one gallon pots in soil, in a separate area. Then either collect pollen or put small females in with the males. Octos for girls only.

3 Likes