Return to growing after almost 20 years..

Hi ther @Gravitys-Rainbow and welcome back
I see you like the Octopots they are amazing I’ve been using them now for 6 or 7 grows .
wow they improve you game so much you’ll love them

I’ll tag along if you don’t mind

Paps

5 Likes

That would be great! Any suggestions you have with using them please speak up.

3 Likes

So it is July 16th now. 4 days and they are still green and not droopy so these octopods must be working :blush:

18 Likes

07-19
And growing… starting to see the tips at the end possible curling under need to keep a eye on this.

19 Likes

07-24
We have roots down in the bottom of the octopod sitting in the water and on the fabric. Wow 12 days and these things are starting to really growing fast. I am having to raise the lights every other day almost. I don’t like the some of the tips point down. I think I over fert these things. I was supposed to use just 5ml for vegging and 15ml once flowering starts. I think I am gonna see some yellow tips soon. Kicking myself over here. I will flush the shit out of them if I see one yellow color on the ends. Drink water at a rate of about 1 gallon per pod a day. WOW

17 Likes

07-27
Yup yellow leaves… I have cut off all fert and just giving the pods straight 5.6 water I will continue to do this until leaves being produces stop turning yellow on the end. I could very well not fert anymore until flowering.

14 Likes

08-02
Have been feeding them just water and trying to dilute what is in the pod so I have been filling up the pod every day since the 27th. New growth has healthy leaves. It is time to top the two tall ones so what the hell lets clone the tops. :blush: Wedding cake might be auto flower as I damn well think I am seeing hairs on this plant with still being 18-6. I don’t know how. Just super impressed how much they have grown in 20 days.

16 Likes

The plants do look good I wouldn’t worry so much about the yellowing ( possible nitrogen)

What fertilizer are you using ? And at what ppm’s ?

I find feed steady and at about 500 to 700 ppms will show great results

The growth once they hit the res is amazing :star_struck:

6 Likes

Hi Papalag!

I am currently using TPS One. The directions say 5ml-15ml per gallon of water. I was using 15ml when i should have been using 5ml for vegging. I am not sure what the PPM is at the current time. I guess I could use my zero pitcher water meter to find out.

4 Likes

Hi I am tagging along as well. I have had the same issue with the yellow and fertilizer so its been just water as well. I am liking the octopots

4 Likes

Definitely cut back on the fertilizer I never used sunshine #4 I use pro mix bx it already has perlite in it so no need to add

I would say your off to a good start

I use the 6 gallon Octopots less filling the res

4 Likes

I cut my promix with 35% more perlite. I find the amount that comes in the bags to not be sufficient enough for the proper aeration of the soil.

4 Likes

Hi there @Gravitys-Rainbow, I like the shwartzgerat you got there. I’m about to start my own octopot adventure. I’ll be following your grow!

6 Likes

Welcome back @Gravitys-Rainbow. New toys now. Look forward to watching you feo progress.

5 Likes

I did the same as you but the last 2 runs I didn’t add any extra no issues at all

The pro mix hp is preferred ( it’s a course mix ) but at 75 $ a bale screw it I’ll go for the bx at 39 $ a bale

2 Likes

So I posted an image here, and somehow it went in another thread.

And now I can’t find it.

So here it is again.

I would give your bags a little pack down because when it enters flower it’s going to get heavy and fall over.

How I fill up the bags.

Above images are of 50/50 Coco Coir and Perlite.

Cut a hole on the bottom of a 5 gal bucket big enough to fit the bottom of the net pot in, and use that to fill your bags. Itll make filling much more supported and easier to keep straight.

9 Likes

What happened to the original thread with the same title?
Oh well, welcome again. :smiley:

9 Likes

plants look nice!

4 Likes

The bucket idea… that is freaking awesome and most def will do this next time. Yes, my biggest lesson learned so far with the octopots is i did not pack the soil enough or correctly. I was not enjoying the filling up of soil in the octopods at the time because the temp in the garage was like 105f :slight_smile: and I rushed it. I am going to need to help support these plants a little more this grow but intended on doing a much better job next time. I most DEF will be using that bucket idea!! Thanks a mill!

8 Likes

Welcome back @Gravitys-Rainbow ! Looking good so far! Will be awesome come harvest!

3 Likes