Return to growing after almost 20 years..

Are you spelling it like that or is that a typo?

Just don’t want to confuse new people about the Octopots. Incase they try to look it up online.

When I get home I’ll take a pic of it.

2 Likes

Spell check… Im a tool and missed it… It should be Octopots. I guess spell check things i am talking about a octopus or something… :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Hahahaha, you win the internet for the day.

:octopus:

2 Likes

The little holes are for drainage from a outdoor grow a few years back.

Just need the big hole in the middle.so the lower end of the net pot and stuck through it.

If you need a hand with the Octopot platform, or have a question about growing in one, hit us up in

Most of us who run Octopots are in there, the riff raff.

It started as a general question and ended up turning into the general Octopot Thread.

There’s a wealth of info on the Octopots in there hidden among the posts.

7 Likes

Welcome back! I stopped growing about the same time you did, and I just restarted a year ago. Your off to a much better and organized start than I did :joy:. Your plants are looking nice. Just make sure you keep an eye on the height! With your first time blooming the strain, err on the side of caution and expect 3x the height at finish. Some strains may even stretch 4-5x, but those are usually more lanky plants to begin with.

3 Likes

When I was doing my research on the octopots… I came here first and that Octopot link was quite helpful.

5 Likes

Glad you’re back home.
Just an idea I had just now, as I am considering trying out the Octopots sometime soon.
Your idea about cutting the hole in the bucket? Great idea, but instead of ruining a bucket with that hole, why not do it to a much cheaper lid, and just keep the lid for next time. Just a thought. Welcome home.

4 Likes

Got some on the way. Plan to have them up and running 2 - 3 weeks. Love getting and trying new stuff.

3 Likes

Where did you end up buying? They are kinda pricey in my opinion.

3 Likes

Welcome back! Looks like you’re all sorted already. I’m fascinated with the octopots, I have built wick systems in the past. I think one could replicate that pretty cheaply.

4 Likes

Bought directly from Octopot. Yes they are, especially when you live in Canada. :scream:

4 Likes

Yikes I bet shipping is obscene. Blowmold thermoplastics are expensive to produce, plastics of any kind are getting more expensive. Their pricing is structured for volume sales too. The multi level idea is ancient but this is a very clever execution.

2 Likes

Yep, but wifey saw me looking at new trucks. These Octopots were much cheaper so she’s happy and so am I. lol
The truck I have now only has 105000 KM on it. Dont really need a new truck. :shushing_face:

8 Likes

Worth their weight in gold.

I priced out DIY and 3D printed versions, and this was cheapest.

2 Likes

In regards to the octopots (you didnt get me this time spell check) They are pricey but they are worth their weight in gold. You can get a volume discount if you want to buy in volume. I think it was 6/12. 6 of them were 59$ a piece. I can say though you will have to water a little more than you would with a 6 gallon. I think the biggest thing i am impressed with is I am going to flip tomorrow to 12/12… in under 30 days of veg. Could it be the strain? Could it be the nutes? Most definitely but I don’t think I have ever flipped in under 30 days before. I am totally happy with the money I have spent. I will be buying more.

6 Likes

What a stinker you are. :laughing:
:green_heart: :seedling:

7 Likes

That’s a win win! and everyone’s happy…
:innocent::+1:

Cheers
G

3 Likes

The Octopots are a big win they increase your yield and they are the easiest system I ever used
After 7 plus grows I would never switch to a different sy

Paps

5 Likes

Those octopots interest me for sure, but I’m growing a perpetual rotation SOG style. my houshold can have 15 plants in bloom, I have a 3x3 space :crazy_face:, so for now they won’t work for me. If I get more space and I dedicate a few of my plants to grow out bigger, then I’d love to give them a try.

3 Likes

Hey OG!

Some update to the diary…… but first… Just a shout out to my helper “Grumpgut” for helping me today.
Second… Shout out to the OG community… ya’ll are some positive energy folks that are great to learn from. Still… after 20 years, Glad to be back.
So go |we | here…
Before haircut.

After hair cut…

Dropped the third set of LEDS in… A old theater teacher in the 80’s told me when I was running lights… “DAMN IT! There shall be no shadows on my stage…”

Octopots (haha spell check I dodged you again)
Just wow… 25 days…

Backside of a sugar leaf

We will flip to 12/12 either tomorrow or Sat. I want everyone to have a day to recover from their haircuts… :slight_smile:

17 Likes