Reveg while seeds mature

Hey all - I have a few plants that are ripe and I’m ready to chop them and reveg - but I have a branch on each with almost ripe seeds (pollinated maybe 4 weeks ago).

Can I chop the flower I want and put the plants under 24hr light and the have the seeds mature? I am assuming so as I have had pollinated preflowers develop mature seeds under 24/0 light… but wanted to get another opinion here

Seeds need 1-2 weeks max to be ready. Just would like to reveg to get some cuts going for outdoor.

3 Likes

Just did this experiment without the chop.

My reveg plant had significantly fewer and less well developed seeds than the one that was allowed to fade under bloom light. Sample of one but I don’t need to repeat the experiment.

7 Likes

Yeah bro every seed i planted for the quarantine cup browned up during the month long revegg. I waited a good long while before picking them. The plant will eventually “shuck” the buds and leafs when the revegging process is finished. So you can just walk up to your vegging plant and pick off dry bud - with brown seeds inside.
edit side note - some purple phenotypes will turn gold over this amount of time and end up haveing a “Lakers” theme to them.

7 Likes

I just completed this experiment recently. I pollinated several different plants a bit too late in flower. At the appropriate times I harvested the individual plants bud by bud, except for the pollinated parts and any extra leaf down low. Took them out of the flower tent and put them straight into 24 hour tent for the next two weeks while the plants re-vegged. Harvested the pollinated buds when they were at 6 weeks, and continued to re-veg all plants successfully.
I let the bud dry and then collected and stored seeds.
Seeds looked fully mature, and the ones I sprouted seem completely normal.
Interestingly enough I learned, thru this experience that you can pollinate the preflowers that may appear in the vegging phase. These will actually grow/mature under 24 hours of light and be normal photo seeds. I can’t wait to try this!

6 Likes

Awesome! Exactly what I was hoping to hear.

Thanks all for the help!

4 Likes

This is great. Lebanese flower so fast sometimes it’s hard to get a lot of good seeds. I’m getting some going now… I’ll just reveg the seeded parts when they’re done.

5 Likes

@PhenoHunterX6 this is basically what I was talking about. Since my bloom space is so cramped, but I have a small plant I want to have make seeds, I figured I can just leaver her in bloom long enough to get plenty of bud sites to pollinate, then just put her back In veg chamber so she doesn’t get choked out by all the bigger plants while maturing the seeds. My point isn’t to reveg and save the plant, as I have a mother plant to take more clones. I just need it to finish maturing seeds.

4 Likes

I’m in the same position myself, not worried about a reveg but do care about getting the beans. Did this work for you? I have several seeded girls I’d like to put outside for the last 2 weeks or so the seeds will need to be mature.

If the seeds are almost ready, putting the mother under longer days won’t matter.

If you pollinate this week and reveg the next, it may cause some issues…

Harvested off of revegging skunks :ok_hand:

2 Likes

Great, that will help out my overstuffed situation! :smiley:

1 Like

Exactly what I was looking for in this thread. I have 3 plants that I deliberately pollinated during pre flower. I harvested over 50 seeds from each plant prior to going to flower. These were just a trial run on getting seeds off of vegging plants. The plants used were for storage or “mothers” I couldn’t clone from them because they were carrying.
As far as revegging after flower while seeds mature, IMO that’s asking alot from the plants at once.