Taking a cutting while in flower

Do you think it will work ?

It will work on a normal plant but not an auto. On a normal plant the reveg takes a while and if you have room and time can be worth it. I don’t breed and never have grown auto’s so hopefully some one can give you the details why.

2 Likes

Yes, but it takes few weeks to root and reveg (switch back to vegetative state)… Cloning flowering plant is more difficult than vegetating plant (it is a lot of stress for the plant)… If you take cut from lower buds, this is the result:

2 Likes

@shroomgod to be clear you are specifically talking about your autoflower?

1 Like

Of course autoflowering (cannabis ruderalis) don’t respond to the photoperiod, but start to flower when they reach a certain age. So can’t be obviously cloned with expected results.

3 Likes

@ryasco yes auto flower.

I was thinking of switching back to veg from flower.I could show you the sites they’re shooting pistils about 10-15 pistils from there.I might be better off rooting a non-autoflower plant instead of auto flower because of the way it flowers automatically i don’t know of they will likely switch back from veg from flower.

@LemonadeJoe you got a good point i’d likely get roots just to test it’s sustainability of the plant but i’m growing auto flower as i told @ryasco it might not switch back from veg from flower from the auto I’m growing.I could get it to root but there no saying it will go back to veg from flower.

1 Like

I don’t think that switching autoflower plant from bloom to veg is possible…

2 Likes

Though I don’t have any experience myself, I was told that you can’t really take cuttings of autoflower plants at all: they flower when they want to, and there’s no turning back. If you take a cutting from the mother, it’s losing structure for budding, and the clones taken – if they root at all – will start flowering before you get a sizable plant.

Again, not speaking from experience: this is all second-hand info I got about autos when I was buying my first legal beans :slight_smile:

3 Likes

With my experience it weakens the plant. It has to revert to vegetative and then regenerate. In an emergency yes. My frankenstein monster I experimented on was a sour diesel.

Long story short ended up with a hugh bushy plant in a 20 gallon plastic container after 2 years of working with it. Hermied and the leaves were plentiful and small and the buds the same.

Trimming that monster was pain in the artful area.

1 Like

Here is my monster cropped c99 fem
It took weeks to reveg. Maybe even a month and a bit.
The first pic is of first day under the screen and the 2nd the next day.
She’s looking good :slight_smile:

Uploading…

3 Likes

2nd pic didn’t upload @Ghandisflipflop

1 Like

Sorry, i thought it had uploaded. @Tinytuttle

2 Likes