Revegging (Monster Cropping)

Nice Job !!!:ok_hand:

Thats a Sour diesel reveg that became a mom of maaaaany many babies!!:evergreen_tree:

11 Likes

Yeah im about to try taking cuts again. Her clones dont like rooting. But they will eventually.

1 Like

Thatā€™s a beautiful plant, it really bounced back. It seems like most things that some strains take to reveg much better than others. Iā€™ve had a couple that just refused.

If you have the space I think keeping a mother is a much easier solution without the risk of potentially losing a keeper strainā€¦

Also the bluest light possible seems to really help them revert back.

3 Likes

I have about a 50% success rate with revegging. Some of them just donā€™t do well and wither away. But they branch out so nicely when it works.

Biggest downside is It can take weeks for them to figure out theyā€™re back in veg.

2 Likes

RE Monster Croppingā€¦
Actually, monster cropping IS cloning (during flower) according to many sourcesā€¦

About Monster Cropping (from HowtoGrowMarijuana.com)
Monster Cropping, also known as Flowering Clones, is a relatively new technique that has proven to be extremely productive, especially when used in conjunction with SCROG and Lollipopping techniques. It works on the phenomenon that comes from taking clones from a plant that is already in flower.When you take a clone from a flowering marijuana plant and revert it to veg, you end up with an extremely bushy plant with profuse branching and tons of nodes. It is possible to use this phenomenon to your advantage to create plants with lots of heads, giving you great yields.

Another great advantage of Monster Cropping is that it avoids the need to keep mother plants. By taking your cuttings during flowering you can create new clones every generation. You can put all your plants into flower, then take the next generation of clones from them. No need for a separate mother plant taking up precious space in your grow room.

The main difference with Monster Cropping is that you will take the cuttings whilst your plant is flowering. You should select your cuttings at around 2 ā€“ 3 weeks after switching to 12/12. Tiny buds should have just started to form on your plant. Take your cuttings as normal.

Iā€™ve done this before and it really does make monster plants :slight_smile:

6 Likes

I may be wrong but this the first i ever heard of monstercropping being stunting n stressing the plant while in flower.
Think from common sense point
drastic stress at the plants most vulnerable stage
all of that can be done b4 flower so all your energy is actually used for flowering not repairing in flower. Ill bet it makes an 8week strain take 10 too.

I could be wrong but It was always reffered to as a training tech done in veg to rid weak branches n bulk(monster) the plant up. Take dominance from main n make 10 mains. Its a cropping tech not cloning.
hence the name monstercropping. My book says How to grow marijuana is wrong. But i could be wrong.

1 Like

And according to google im wrong.

1 Like

It sure enough says cloning in flower
But thats cloning a monster not cropping.

Monster-cropping. Who knows how they come up with these names.
:corn: :ear_of_rice: ā€¦ It looks like your reveg turned into a great mother plant!

1 Like

Yeah shes not flipped again yet. I keep draggin cause i want at least 1 rooted clone b4 putting her through the chop again.

So i guess ill be trying this. I took 5 cuts a week ago in veg n they look like i just took em. Standing straight up n healthy green. So im hoping theres roots coming.
She got flipped today n ill take a round of clones by the way the article you posted says. I want to keep this plant alive whether its a cut or the big momma.

3 Likes

I have tried several different ways to clone from flower none worked. Until I left the clones in the flower room under 12/12 and everyone rooted without any problem. Once they had a good root system I revegged and it was crazy to watch the plant . First crazy looking leaves then they take off and you better have you scrog net ready because it will have more branches than three or four plants. Good Luck

6 Likes

Iā€™ll let you know how it goes :slightly_smiling_face:

6 Likes

I just rooted three flowers myself- transplanted to soil just today. Sprouted roots after maybe a week in an auto cloner under 18/6 light in my veg tent. I didnā€™t MEAN to do it, I just forgot to take clones but after reading the topic, Iā€™m kinda glad I did.

2 Likes

Never had a loss of vigor from reveg or taking clones late in flower.

I have had increased yields of albeit smaller bud from revegging my northern lights. Scrog/rdwc.

I believe I pulled 2.5lbs/light with 6 plants the first time and second I was over 3 by quite a bit with the same plants revegged.

2 Likes

The only time I ever monster crop now, is if Iā€™m out of seeds for the current plant running and I want to run it again. I dont wait any longer then 2 weeks into flower to take the cut .

I also dont have much room to play with, so taking a clone right around 2 weeks, it taking another 2 weeks to root, then a few weeks to reveg just works out for me. By the time my plants are done flowering the monster crop clones are ready to go.

1 Like

I dont really see any advantages or disadvantages other than time managment. They grow weird for a little but that passes. sometimes they grow more vigorous sometimes they dont. In my mind , Iā€™m gonna utilize every plant and all the time I can to itā€™s full advantage.

I just took a cutting of an Afghan kush 2 weeks into flower because theyā€™re regular seeds and I only have 1 left. So instead of risking that one being a male and losing the strain. Why not try?
I also had to flower it sooner than I wanted because everything else was ready.
Even if it doesnt root, I didnt technically waste any time and itā€™s a single 23w cfl running my clone box so no huge hit there.

2 Likes

I guess Iā€™m a weirdoā€¦no surprise thereā€¦I typically smoke a plant before re-veggin choice is made or clone choice is made. I only have clones that had a mom and was smoked and stoned meā€¦I have tried cloning a flowering plants and it didnā€™t go well. I must try the 12\12 schedule on them and try again. My latest experiment is to revegg two Romulan grapefruit females that bloomed outdoors and weā€™re stretched all to Jesus.
They were well into flowering and I tried cloning the flowering branches but it didnā€™t work so I brought them in finished flowering while increasing their hours of light gradually and after cutting buds, transplant and trim root ball. Iā€™m not giving them much nutrients and calmag once a month once re-vegged easily and is now producing five fingered leaves after going through the smooth leaf stage, a three finger serrated leaf stageā€¦the taller one just produced some five fingered leavesā€¦after coming inside in November
Both were cut for clones and are in my cloner a bout three days now. I have another Romulan grapefruit mom that has been producing great clones so Iā€™m flipping one of hers to make a male plant and pollenate the two other PHENOTYPES! This will give me Romulan grapefruit feminized seeds.

The only monster cropping I did was some of her original clones I put outside last spring, they promptly flowered then stopped and went in to a silent mode before re-veggin for a month then flowered again. They produced monster buds in a twelve inch tall plant. They matured before the seed plants of same strain?
My breeding will always have plants that revegg easily if I continue this practice.

Here are the two Romulan grapefruit re-veggin momā€™s.

2 Likes

Any news, or, it didnā€™t goā€¦

The clones are acting just like their mamas. I am hoping the little one can at least grow large enough for me to get a couple cuts from it. The other one wont be an issue xD

3 Likes