Reversal of Bonsai Mother with 8 different strains grafted together

Hey Grow Buddys!!

I have grafted 7 strain onto this bonsai mother. Creating one plant with 8 different strain. I plan to do a reversal on this plant and produce feminized seeds.
The strains on the mother are Purple Kush (grape pheno), Pink Kush, Whitegold, Ricon, BlueBerry Afghani, Rockstar and Shishkaberry(most likely a hybred from an unknown male/herm). The origanal mother was what i was told was Cinderella99(I dont think it is though).
I wanted to ask if anyone had any ideas or suggestions about what strain/strains i should use as my reversals? What i should breed with what?.. I am not 100% sure about the shikaberry. should i remove it?..any third perspective suggestions would be fully welcomed. :grin::blush: !
Here are some pictures of before and after a trim.

49 Likes

I dunno on selections, but that’s pretty damn cool!

7 Likes

Thanks man.

2 Likes

I need to see this thing flower

7 Likes

All in good time. :wink::+1:

5 Likes

wow should be cool to see for sure

5 Likes

How long have you had this vegging?

7 Likes

2.5 years.

12 Likes

You’re the most patient person alive

11 Likes

Lol. I appreciate that. :blush:

6 Likes

really cool stuff here hope to see it play out. cool idea man

5 Likes

I’m interested. Very interested. Just had to google grafting lol
Great work and tremendous patience as mentioned.

7 Likes

Far too cool.

5 Likes

You are Magellan.

3 Likes

Looks like you’ve decided to challenge @JohnnyPotseed for the right to name a strain Frankenstein then, I guess? I think your next step should be to take 650 of the seeds from this cross and grow them out, then graft a limb each from 25 of those plants onto each of the 25 other plants you want to use for your next bonsai crop, then reverse all of those for an massive hydra-polyhybrid open pollination… seems like the only logical move from here :stuck_out_tongue:

10 Likes

respect! :grin:

3 Likes

serious mad-scientist type shit. pretty awesome.

3 Likes

Hey there cuiz, lol good luck in this!
Now, getting down to serious biz here cuz, I’m not sure if you’re aware of just how grafting works. You can’t reverse it and get a new strain with 7 strains in it. Each branch of a different strain will just give you that strain, with any seeds influence that is pollinating it. Just like the fruit trees with 6-7 variety of fruit, each strain branch will only give you that fruit.
But that said, I love your Bonsai!

10 Likes

Indeed… that’s why I made my suggestion, a massive hydra-polyhybrid open pollination is the only way for him to actually turn this into a real cross of 8 strains. The reversal presumably will give not only a bunch of S1s of the original strains, but some random feminized crosses of all the others. It’s not quite as efficient as just running the original plants out, cloning and reversing each and doing an open pollination - but it definitely gets points for coolness factor. :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

Even that really wouldn’t do it in the same timeframe you could do it selectively in. Which would give you a much better product.
But hey, lol I’m not trying to burst a bubble here, just facts.

3 Likes