Review of Puffco Proxy Pipe

I found another deal. Free shipping and $60 off with code BFCM

1 Like

Saw these affordable pieces on sneaky pete,
image image
Crazy to see some of the custom art people are making for their proxy https://www.puffco.com/pages/glassopen

1 Like

My friends at boro farms glass are blowing some sweet little bubblers for the proxy:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CluTYQ-Jqhx

3 Likes

My Mom would always be going around saying what the fuck happens to all the butter knives and paper towels in this house?lol Hot knives away!!!Someone call the Dr

3 Likes

I finally got one but I have questions. Never bought ā€œconcentratesā€, only tried them a couple times over last 20 years. This pipe is advertised in many articles as a ā€œhash pipeā€ and that is why I got it. Now i see on reddit people saying not to put hash in it! I tried to put some old pressed hash in it and it didnā€™t workā€¦ or i did it wrong.

I went and got some ā€œterp sugarā€ format concentrate from the dispo and tried that, i have no idea what I am doing ha. I never got into dabs cause of all the gear, torches, water, cases, etc. There was still some liquid in the bowl, how do I know I smoked it all?

Is there something I can do to normal hash to make it smokeable in the proxy?

2 Likes

my bubble smokes just fine in the proxy on the highest setting.

1 Like

I have loads of dry sift, any tips for smoking that in a proxy? I have some loose, some pressed into little pucks with a hand powered pollen press.

3 Likes

I have not tried dry sift in it.

For hash i just flatten out a lil piece, pipe on high, throw it in, Hits veery well that way. Will leave residue in the bowl however

2 Likes

l did the ol wine bottle filled with hot water and parchment paper thing and it worked out OK. Make a little parchment paper envelope with a couple grams of sift. Nice clean flat surface stable table. Boil some water, put in empty wine bottle or big restaurant style water bottle. Use the bottle as a rolling pin, work the sift.

Makes nice little pieces, break off a piece, put in proxy. Use high heat. Leaves a mess but cleans up fine.

I got my proxy about a month or so ago and have really enjoyed it. I figured Iā€™d use it mostly for homehashā€¦but wound up buying some traditional market stuff. Couple different grades of ice water hash, live resin, sugar, etc. Way better than my home sift stuff, especially the ice water hash aka hash rosin. Wow.

Anyway long story long, modern hash is crazy good and wrecked my tolerance so I donā€™t use my proxy as often as I thought I would. Little treat every now and then but back to good
ol reliable volcano with fresh bud.

3 Likes

I grabbed a single type of concentrate at the dispo to try. It was ā€œterp sugarā€, I wouldnā€™t say it tasted good at all. Smelled really weird when heating and my girflfriend said it smells awful and doesnt want me to smoke it in the bedroom. Smells like some chemical glue to me, nothing about this is like cannabis i have smoked. Maybe I got a a weird batch or something but I always assumed concentrates would taste as good or better than flower.

I will try the wine bottle trick on my dry sift but the already pressed hash i tried didnā€™t seem to change at all in the proxy after multiple attempts to smoke the same chunk I never got visible vapor and simply didnā€™t work. It was the first time using a brand new proxyā€¦ break in period or something haha?

I got so many dumb questions about concentratesā€¦ but how the freak do I know when itā€™s gone? I am not putting very much (i think) into the bowl but even after the 4 ā€œheat upsā€ there is still liquid rolling around in the bowl and I seem to get some vapor still. I read that I should clean it out after these sessions but I feel like I am cleaning out concentrate that still has life in itā€¦ but probably wrong i guess.

1 Like

Weird, none of my concentrates smell like chemical glue.

As for the leftover stuff, I got a big tub of Glob Mops. Theyre specialized qtips basically, one side is round and one side is pointed. Round side you soak up majority of excess goo, pointed side lets you clean up the corner zone. I only let stuff go thru one cycle.

What are you considering a cycle? I set the heat temp, then double click to start the heat up, then once it stops flashing i hit it until the light goes out. This is usually several pulls and exhales. Is that a cycle? I have been running the preheat again an hitting it more up to 4 times. After that I look into the bowl and there is still what looks like a lot of dark oil. I clean it out because it seems I should but itā€™s still producing vapor.

maybe Iā€™ll double click thru one more time to ā€œboostā€ or whatever, but yeah I only let it go thru once usually. clean it up with glob mops.

theres definitely more stuff that produced vapor afterwards but Iā€™m not stressed on it, a tiny glob is all it takes for some sick rips.

1 Like