Review of Puffco Proxy Pipe

Bought a Puffco Proxy the other day, thought id review it in case anyone was looking at them .

Madfe a buch of Rosin wanted something other than my enail or banger n torch to smoke it with. Something more portable, so i bought this thing, Puffco Proxy:

Very nice quality, feels well made. Fits in hand beautifully, very comfortable to hold and hit. EASY one button operation, simple to learn. Comes with nice carry case and some good tools that actually work.
Bowl is 100% cermaic, and can be submerged in cleaner to clean it.

Comes apart easily, goes togehter the same. 5 different heat settings, warms up from cold in 25 seconds or so.

Gives GREAT hits, NOT like a typical “vape” . I hate vapes, this is different. Hits smooth, with an easy draw. Can blow a “cloud” if thats your thing, it’s not mine. I can get a big nuff hit to choke on, so it hits just fine.

Works amazingly well with my live Rosin. Works even better with my Bubble Hash! FINALLY found a way i LIKE to smoke bubble! It kicks ASS smoking the bubble. Huge delish hits, couldnt ask for a better bubble burner, lol.

Battery is SMALL, real small. Charge takes about 40 minutes or so from dead, lasts about 25 - 30 hits i would say. NOT a “party” rig for sure. For ME, it is perfect. Can load it with bubble and smoke it all day long, 25 hits of my good bubble will ruin ANYONES day…lol.

Gotta hit it “low n slow” . The ceramic bowl is cool, heats FAST, heats all way around it, not just on the bottom. Bowl is large, but there is an issue!

There are “slits” at the top of the chamber. Where air is drawn from chamber and fed to the pipe. IF you pull too hard(and it doesnt take much) you pull the rosin or bubble up into those holes and it runs down and makes a mess of the whole pipe. Found out the hard way i did, lol. Pipe comes apart in seconds, no tools, and easy to clean, but you will waste your product unless you hit is easy . If you hit it easy, it doesnt do this.

So, all in all…give it 100% !!! BEST Rosin/Bubble(gonna try bud in it too) i have ever used. Yes it is $$$$$ but well done, nice to use, hits great, will be my constant companion fron now on.

Turkey Day…time to load up some bubble in the “crippler” lol, and start my day.

“Crippler” because my bud Randall came over yesterday. I had loaded it with some Wedding Cake Rosin right before he came, maybe put 1/2 gram in it. He is big, strong, young, doesnt smoke cigs, and hits pipes and joints like someone is about to take it away from him, lol! He checked it out, called it my expensive “silly toy”.

Oh yeah, showed him how to use it, didnt tell him to hit it softly. He put it on high, let it heat, then ripped it HARD and LONG, maybe 30 second rip. Saw his face as he finished, LMAO…wish i had taken a picture. Saw his eyes roll back in his head, and as he blew it out, he fell off my couch, whacked his head on the coffee table, and landed on the floor. Smoke was coming out of his nose/mouth like a steam engine as he laid there …moaning. 30 seconds of “down” time…got up, eyes were spinning, then this shit eating grin hit his face as his eyes focused, lol.

He looks at me…“WOW DUDE…that was a hit!”

The “Crippler” was born

29 Likes

Those proxy’s are pretty cool my friend has a puffco pro and that thing is awesome

1 Like

I wanted something i could take with me …this thing works perfect for that. Can charge it easily when needed and small nuff to take anywhere .

2 Likes

Been considering one, but i usually only smoke flower. I do have a way to much hash tho… $300 is just so steep and i would of course want a more artistic glass body. Still haven’t seen a good place to buy the glass other than one off auctions on glassblowers instagram.

I don’t have a dab rig, torch, nail, etc. No tools. Main reason I don’t mess with concentrates is the hassle and crack head feeling i get from the torch and tools.

Would you say it’s worth the $300? No other tools needed?

Curious to hear how it does with flower. Looks like you need to buy the “flower bowl” Proxy Flower Bowl for Dab Rigs | Puffco

3 Likes

I paid 249 for it, but i would pay 300 for it no issue.

The flower bowl is juat that, a bowl, need a lighter to use it. I want to see if it will burn bud in the chamber

3 Likes

Thank you for this! Been really looking into this for an option, but have yet to see it mentioned here on og. :slight_smile: Hopefully I can get the money together in the near future to get myself one

1 Like

WHY i dont like the “rig’s” either…im not a crackhead, lol.

This pipe removes all that, and the novice the other day loved it.

Could care less about the glass , im 69, not into “looks” dont GARA about all that.

4 Likes

:rofl: :100:

2 Likes

Wish i had it on film…KNEW it was gonna happen…NEXT time i shall video it, lol.

I pressed a tiny bit of Mac last night, hit the Rosin like Randall . Didnt hit the floor, but about threw up. 100% rang my bell for about 20 seconds, lol.

Thing will give ALL THE HIT i can handle…but im a 50 year cig smoker so my lungs are tainted.
Still think anyone could get a great hit off this thing.

3 Likes

I grew Anesia seeds MAC 28% last years outdoor. It will straight fuck you up Insane potent :fire:

4 Likes

This is Cap’s cut, from clone, it is stupid stupid strong. Gonna run her again!

1 Like

Def want one of those. There are attachments so you can put the vape part on a bong or whatever

4 Likes

WOW cool, had no idea , thanks!

1 Like

Ive seen a few attachments from different brands, some unique options out there.
Proxy Attachments – MJ Arsenal
Stack (stickybricklabs.com)

1 Like

There’s one accessory you might want to look at…
(you know, Christmas is coming!)

I can see you getting some ‘mileage’ out of that…

Cheers
G

4 Likes

Yeah the hot knife works pretty good. Great for cold starts.

2 Likes

I just heat a lil pocket knife…40 bucks and id just lose it…

2 Likes

Anybody know any head shops with a deal on one of these for the holidays?

1 Like

Nice looking pipe! Do they have one that isn’t a vape? :grinning:

:four_leaf_clover::four_leaf_clover::four_leaf_clover:

1 Like

Cream City Vapes, which is where I got my Plenty vaporizer from, they’re legit:

@LegsMahoney They do have a $20 required express/padded shipping on the Proxy but it’s guaranteed delivery and it’s still the best deal I’ve found. They’re almost always the cheapest place I’ve found vape devices, they usually have a code for most major holidays. That code’s the whole store with some exclusions.

3 Likes