Rip Subcool Til next ride

Legends never die…RIP Subcool.

4 Likes

3 Likes

Subcool was a true cannabis activist. He will be missed. :joy:

5 Likes

People trip up over his personal life and whatnot, people kind of love to hate the dude for reasons I don’t understand.

But.

He was in the shit when it was 100% illegal, growing and breeding, with a public face.

His gear, though it was usually space queen crosses, was still usually dank. People rip on it for not being potent or whatever, but his gear was designed to be quick and smell great, yields and raw potency weren’t part of it. Jillybean is huge in CO scene, Agent Orange is great, Chernobyl (Golden Ticket) is still used in crosses today.

He did more than I will, now his watch is ended.

10 Likes
3 Likes

last 3 querkle seeds i have. Been sitting a few years in a drawer. Hope they pop. I had a killer purple pheno a few years back. Lost due to shutting down for medical issues. Hope i find it again. Slow growth in veg sucks though. But, it finished in 9 weeks and was super purple. Not the strongest smoke, but it was pleasant and tasted very good. Not like grapes. Cant really explain it. Maybe rosey! I dont know. It was good though.

6 Likes

Hope your in peace subcool you were one of the pioneers in the organic scene loved his
“SUPER SOIL !!

6 Likes

3 querkle seeds. Half a cup of water. 7.5ml of h202. They will go in rapid rooters tomorrow.

7 Likes

RIP Sub… Love your genetics Buddy…Hope you get to have a session with the greats waiting for you.

K.

3 Likes

sad news indeed! :cry: RIP subcool !

2 Likes

out of sudden…

Rest in peace @subcool @ TGA heaven

4 Likes

R.I.P @Subcool. Your contributions to the cannabis cause are much appreciated.

2 Likes

If there’s an afterlife he’s surely smokin on something way better now. :rainbow:

'Hard not to remember him smiling.

:evergreen_tree:

7 Likes

My first grow was Hurkle by Subcool. Such a great strain. So sad to hear the news. Thank you Subcool for all you have done for us.

3 Likes

Back in '04 I had just started growing indoors, and I didn’t have any seeds, so I decided to gamble my freedom and order some online. I researched it for 2 months, and found TGA on breedbay. I read about this strains, and then I saw the High Times article about “Danny Boy”. I was moved by Sub’s apparently sincere desire to memorialize his friend, and that tipped the scale.

I got Vortex, Jillybean, Querkle, Deep Purple, Space Queen, and Pandora’s Box, (I now refer to them as The Six). I’d always grown outdoors, so I didn’t really have a handle on keeping mother plants, and I didn’t have any breeding knowledge, so I wasn’t able to keep any of those strains.

Currently, I have Vortex, Scarlett Queen, Purple Apollo, Sweet Tea, and Fandango. I’d love to have more, but Sub was one of the pricier breeders, and I don’t think his stuff will be around for long. Out of curiosity, I went to @Strainly earlier, and looked at Sub’s listings. Last time I looked he had 56 different strains listed, today there are 2.

I read a comment where someone pointed out the fact that when marijuana was 100% illegal, Sub’s business, and his face were out in public. Love him, or hate him, he was a pioneer in the cannabis industry, and his impact will be felt for a long time.

Godspeed brother man. :slight_smile::upside_down:

15 Likes

That’s the recipe that I found that looked like it made the most since to me.
And that’s the one that I am using.

8 Likes

Crazy world we live in. Sad to hear this news.

I just ordered some Jacks Cleaner 2 from TGA.

7 Likes

I was really sad to hear about it when he lost his home to the wildfires a few years back, and was really concerned the smoke might affect his respiratory condition.
it seemed like he got back on his feet pretty fast, I was always impressed with his ability to get shit done no matter what obstacles life put in his path.

rest peacefully subcool.

7 Likes

Indeed, it was, in fact, genetic. Lungs were effectively choking him to death. He knew there wasn’t any cure. That’s why the last couple of years, he couldn’t smoke OR be around anyone smoking. He described it as a “lonely life”, awaiting the inevitable. To me, I guess that is ONE of the reasons he was so misunderstood.

7 Likes