Rip Subcool Til next ride

@Sharpi…a T-R-U-E friend, indeed. Sorry for your loss, followed your friend and his ex-wife on strainly. He fought the good fight, enduring a lot of pain. Sleep well!!!

9 Likes

@Sharpi thank you for sharing with us. I’m just a lucky weednerd & grieve his passing but regularly glance at the ceiling & throw up a :v: to his new place. :pensive:

He maintained a presence here, if infrequent & interrupted, and a lot of us honor his memory. :slight_smile:

There has been chatter about reproducing some of his strains and we’d be indebted if you could direct us to the right person(s) to discuss it if & when appropriate. Badger or Will (& a respectfully distant/reluctant MzJill) are the ones that seem most intimate with the legacy(?). :man_shrugging:

I apologize(to no end) in advance if this is insensitive, having lost my mother months before Subcool’s surprise exit. We’ve had no contact with Badger or Will but it’s possible MzJill did indicate what strains she considered hers & to please not rip off. :blush:

:peace_symbol: & respect

:evergreen_tree:

8 Likes

All good questions.i need a little more time to form an answer. There were some things going on behind the scenes with others before his death which may blur my vision. I’m grappling with this now.

By all means preservation is key and I believe Monty would scream from the roof top to preserve and overgrow!

I will post more soon. I am really glad to see this forum back up in its new capacity!

:v: :purple_heart:

13 Likes

Stay away from Will and Victoria. Everything they have they stole. They had parted ways from Subcool before his passing in spite of Subcool selling 90% of his brand name Subcool to the attorneys to get them all out of trouble. FWIW Victori has 148 hits of acid which made me case much more extreme than just the marijuana. She sent me text of how he ruined their reputation and hopefully they could get away from him. And how she didn’t like her kids around him and that he was a creep. He died…she came and turned his rv over and stole all the cash and now they have everything and are working for the attorneys that own his name brand. Gonna live their lives getting paid off of Subcool after they stole and backstabbed him while he was alive.

7 Likes

Will and Vicky are directly responsible for the ultimate demise of Subcool. What I witnessed them doing to him and how he responded makes me positive.

4 Likes

I am sorry for your loss I never met Sub but longtimē weed nerd back in the early days for me at least he was my window into the west coast and legalization I had so many positive experiences over the years and learned so much from the man he had issues in his life we all do but he never gave up a legend for sure the early weed nerd episodes Mendo Dope Mz Jill Hunters of the Dank such a big part of my lifē then I will miss him and his smile and his insistence on playing his tunes youtube be damned

RIP Sub you won’t be forgotten

6 Likes

Thanks for sharing @Sharpi, and thanks for being there at the end. The first seeds I ever ordered online were 6 of Sub’s strains from Breedbay back in 2004. I’d researched strains and shit for months, then I read that HT article about Danny Boy, and that sealed it for me.

I thought it was a great way to his friend, and figured that anyone who’d do that must be cool, so I pulled the trigger. I got Vortex, Space Queen, JIllybean, Pandora’s Box, Deep Purple, and Querkle.

I don’t have any of them now, but I’d sure love to have 'em again. :vulcan_salute:
:guitar:

6 Likes

Well that explains why she never sent me any seeds either. Ordered a pack of My Sharona off her off strainly and she never sent them. After two months she said she’d resend and then just stopped responding. Never did show up and it’s like 4 months later now.

9 Likes

RIP Subcool-

I was following him on here 20 years ago…

Back then, I was into learning hydro, bubble buckets ect. Mainly for bigger yields. Subby taught about organic supersoil.

I grew his gear for a while, before he became “famous”… He ended up teaching me some unpleasant truths about the seeds industry, as well.

I’ll always be grateful for his huge contributions to the movement.

8 Likes

Omg that’s terrible

2 Likes

PURE LEGEND…

He literally rose from the ashes, after losing IT ALL TO wildfire and divorce, Only to reappear and recreate the cheech and chong pool grow with a beautiful young gal, on “Sheriff Joe’s” old turf. Check out “The Weed Nerd” on you tube.

7 Likes

If they should be called out, then they should be called out.

2 Likes

I don’t know who Sharpi is. Can’t say I recall sub ever mentioning her and I’ve watch most of his videos, but I did not watch the live streams, so maybe I missed something. Sharpi makes some pretty serious charges. I need more to be able to believe her, especially since some of what she says conflicts with what I heard sub himself say. For example, I recall a video right near the end of his life where sub says he still talks to Will everyday. Will and Vic seem to have the ok from Mz Jill and from sub’s estate for what they are doing, so that is good enough for me for now.

4 Likes

I’m sorry nerds but @Sharpi has already been told off several times by Subcool’s family and asked to stop spewing lies. Unfortunately, from what we’ve seen in texts, she has a serious pill issue and is attempting to help other Subcool haters hurt our name. Her and her so called crew that were there in the last month or so are drunks and druggies. These people came around after the raid like leaches trying to take over even going as far as forging documents on the day he passed. We will not engage garbage people like this. We work countless hours to preserve our friend’s legacy while these people try to tear it down. Subcool’s son gave me the company. That should say enough.

13 Likes

This thread is literally created by the last person who was with him that night and we found out she was feeding him some serious drugs. Others were going over daily feeding him alcohol and we found documents that @Sharpi witnessed somehow the day he died. We say that he passed naturally and we chose not to do an autopsy but these people may have helped with the slow demise of our friend instead of helping him they chose to hide it. The RV is safe and sound, we moved it with Subs brother away from these people who already stole the weed, hash, and his sidecar and locked it up far away from them all. It’s funny how the first people to accuse are usually the ones with the most to hide. The family is on our side and not theirs. These people have all been told off because they are seriously bad people.

11 Likes

I’m inclined to believe Will, especially after seeing friendly comments from Mz Jill on his IG. A lot of what Sharpi says seems questionable. For example, she claims Victoria was busted with 148 hits of acid, but in AZ over 50 hits is mandatory jail time of five years, no diversion.

5 Likes

Victoria was the first to get the call and dealt with the coroner as per his sons wishes. No one in this crew knows Sharpi. She came around only after the raid and Sub would tell us all that she annoyed him but she walked his dogs and picked up the shit outside for him so that was cool. She’s a fan girl that no one even knew of till she started spouting lies on us. V talks with Jill every couple of days. We talk with his brother almost daily. His brother and sister have asked countless times for her to stop the lies. Us and his brother took care of all of his last wishes, not Sharpi. Can anyone really believe that if she’s talking like this here that she hasn’t already said the same things to his family? She has. They are lies and we don’t talk to her. She’s just mad that she didn’t somehow get Subcool’s Super Soil Company and the RV for what she believed was services rendered or something.

8 Likes

If we would have known what we know now about the last few people that were with him we could have done more. The last branding meeting we had was the Thursday before he passed and it was amazing. He crushed the meeting and told his story like a proud pioneer to some folks who could help push the company to the next level. He was happy. We hugged and said we loved each other because our relationship now had to be secret for a little bit since we got raided together till it was over. Sharpi didn’t get raided. These people weaseled in during a horrible time. She knows nothing. We are here because our friend passed during a serious case that we were sticking together through because we are real old-school mother fuckers. The fact is when folks get in trouble they lay low which is what we were all doing. Subcool gave his life to this company so it would live on and it lives on through us because we can handle the shit storm. Our relationship with Sub was born in fire.

10 Likes

13 Likes

It’s good to see you here clearing the air. Having your side of the story definitely gives more perspective. It sucks that you weren’t able to come out publicly about things sooner. I’m sorry for taking someone else’s side so quickly, although it was all the information that we had to work with. Now it’s a classic case of he said she said, and I’m glad you elaborated on things. Long time weednerd fan, and I do appreciate you wanting to keep things alive… but I can’t say things will ever be the same. I do have to ask, why were the videos in his last months removed?

3 Likes