Ripper Seeds reviews and opinions

I have 2 strains from this company, those are Ripper Haze and Double Glock, and they are both keepers and on top of my list of more than 25 strains that I have tried so far. I have to say that they seem legit and these two strains from them are superb. Both of them have a taste like none I have ever tried before, with unmatched sweetness, and I have been trying strains with people as well. The high of both strains is very good and long lasting. Growing Ripper Haze is a little bit more difficult than easy to grow plants because it needs good light and is sensitive to feeding, while Double Glock is easy to grow and compact. Both plants seem to be very resistant to pests mold and disease. I would advise a friend to try this company and I know that I will definitely try more from their strains. One strain on my mind is Zombie Kush. I would like to hear some reviews about any of their strains as well. Anyone who is looking for a nice strain/breeder could give em a try and let us know how it goes.

4 Likes

Urban Remo loves Zombie Kush and has a few videos of it on youtube. I think it is a haze and kush hybrid. Check his vids out for smoke and grow report. His hit 28% thc I believe.

3 Likes

I thought the zombie was overrated.
It looked good but had no kick. It was very average.
Not grown by me but sampled from an acmpr grow

Suck pheno, it happens.

They sure do!
I don’t have the time or space to pheno hunt. ( part of me wishes I did)
As fun as growing out 100 f1’s may be I’ll stick to the stable stuff

1 Like

Yea with 100 plants that would be wise. I am just a small hobby grower. I do it for fun and free meds. I like running through a lot of plants because I like a lot of variety, sometimes I win, sometimes I loose. It’s fun to try to figure out what a plant likes and dial it in.

4 Likes

Both strains Ripper Haze and Double Glock have just lovely smell, taste and high. It looks like the company is focusing on quality and not just quantity and ease of growing. I noticed Ripper Haze has these thin lightweight delicate almost frail leaves and it requires good lighting and must be careful with feeding it correctly to allow for the genetics to show at their best. It is a beautiful plant my personal favourite. It maybe not the most potent of all but it is very very potent and has a high that I describe as sweet clean and pure happiness. I am more of a sativa guy. Double Glock is 100% indica and has awesome taste like orange and also a very nice clean high and long lasting. It is compact with a main top cola and small side branches that could be thinned, perfect for sog style. Wide distinctive indica leaves short and bushy, it is a very nice strain indeed. Ripper Seeds impressed me a lot with these strains that are the only ones that I got from them. It could be luck and lack of it with other companies but I have been trying strains for years and with no consideration to cost, as I was looking for good stuff and from one company I found 2 strains that topped my list. I am also quite aggressive in culling, from all the strains that I tried, I only have 5 keepers including those 2 strains. The others that I have keeping are OG Kush, I think is the most potent that I have, almost toxic, more than I want. Original Amnesia is another very potent sativa comparable to Ripper Haze but without that pureness and cleanliness that I described, OA does not care how you behave after you smoke it, it is very uplifting and energetic. And I have Critical +2 that is a very fast finisher 45 days delivers buds with very good potency and taste. It also seems to smell less intensely when it is smoked.

3 Likes

Several Spanish companies put out stellar gear if you like fems because they run such large operations and have the space to run a shit ton of plants and select the very best ones to breed with and they have done so for many many years. I have heard good things about ripper and I have run a lot of Dinafems gear, which another spanish company and had great results with several keepers and zero herms. The first strain I grew out was kush n cheese. It is cheese x emerald og kush. I got three pheno’s all were good but one was exceptional. It was the mixed pheno that had og kush and cheese flavor all in one and was very potent and covered in huge trichomes and made this white kief pretty much just by itself. I kept that bitch for a long time and that is what made me want to run more of their stuff. I know that Ripper has a strain called grape gum and washing machine and that zombie kush just took a cup over there in spain I believe. I have wanted to run their grape gum and zombie but I am running mostly regs now so I can make some hobby seeds. If you have instagram you can follow ripper seeds on there too.

2 Likes

Ripper haze is a cut of Amnesia… Perhaps that is why they were similar to you! :slight_smile:
Ripper Seeds - Ripper Haze
A diamond we met in 2002 on one of our trips to Holland. This variety has been number one for more than a decade in all the coffe shop menus for its aroma, unmistakable citrus flavor and its “ripper” effect even for the most experienced users. Known under different names, the most popular of them is Amnesia Haze.

3 Likes

I know nothing of this seedbank, their product or anything about them.

I just want to say, where I come from, the term “ripper” is used for one who steals cannabis crops.

I wonder if they are aware of that… I believe it is a commonly used term.

Sorry, it’s been bugging me and I had to get it out.

Stay hazed
Jake

7 Likes

I want to try Washing Machine as well. The guy who convinced me to buy those two strains was an owner of a grow shop in Spain and he was searching for Washing Machine but was out of stock and he promised that it is a very good strain.

2 Likes

They are a little bit similar in shape have a very different smell and the high and taste is also different. I would describe Original Amnesia by Dinafem to be harder on the head very strong buzz and some disorientation if I may say. Ripper Haze is smoothness and a WIDE smile :grin: Just right in every way with a taste that is awesome. They are comparable and not very similar

Original Amnesia by dinafem is not the original Amnesia dutch cut they were talking about… dinafem wasn’t there back then…
Ps : I too don’t really understand the name they choose… as “ripping off” has a bad bad meaning everywhere…

Ds

2 Likes

The two lines come from Amnesia of Hypro, one is Amnesia x Amnesia and the other Amnesia x ?

Commercial varieties of them I have not put any, freeseeds yes and very happy, a Afgan x Haze spectacular that does not keep clone and I regret, others were the Lemon Ice that keep a mother more than 4 years.

1 Like

Embracing bad sells things. :imp: :dollar:

1 Like

In 2002 , in A’dam if I asked for Amnesia I would have meant amnesia haze by Soma, not the amnesia core cut (btw, hypro is a ssh if I do remember well) …
Just my 2 cents
Ds

1 Like

Yes, it is SSH, a selection worked

Wouldn’t soma be the original amnesia guy?? I’m a huge fan of it and somango I just loved

1 Like

I have run Rippers seeds and I am overall VERY PLEASED !!! Well I did had bad luck with Zombie Kush. The first one died from Fungus gnat’s !!! Second one made it but I was never really pleased with the High, probably just a bad Pheno I guess. But Old School kicked some MAJOR ASS !!! Easy to grow with an outstanding floral and incense flavor that I have never ever tasted before, and I’m a veteran toker , 48 years young and have been smoking since I was 13. LOL !!! And the stone was awesome, put’s a smile on your face from ear to ear after 2 bong rips. 3-4 rips and your seriously high !!! NO JOKE !!! I just finished up Washing Machine and even though she Hermied it was from N Toxicity !!! Not Rippers fault. And the smoke is still OUTSTANDING flavor and stone wise. Love it. Cannot wait to run the other Washing Machines, go VERY EASY on the Nutes with her. I barely gave her any and she she got N Toxicity. I just started Criminal + so I will keep in touch and let you know how it turns out.

But all in all Ripper seeds are a real bargain and GREAT genetics. Seriously try Old School , it is an awesome smoke. Some of the best I have ever had.

Whats the make up of this indica???