Rocket Seeds and Crop King seeds apparently selling counterfeit product

Yeah saw that too. :thinking:

4 Likes

You got any dinafem sour cream by chance?

HSO = Spanish, that’s why their website has the same message about not being able to process orders as La Mota and Dinafem. They’re a brand of Dinafem seeds owned by the same parent company (pot Sistemak) that just uses the Humboldt name and a bunch of redwood images on their website to market.

Humboldt seed company = actual Humboldt area company, that’s why their packs often mention the farms in the area where the original cross came from (happy leaf farms, fire mountain farms, aloha Humboldt farms, Hendrx nursery, etc.)

8 Likes

No. I bought some Blue critical, blue kush, and purple kush. I have S1 families from all of them, but haven’t been impressed with any of it really.

ILGM was another one that Dark Horse genetics mentioned on a livestream was selling fakes of his gear

3 Likes

Beware of Crop King!

Crop king has a bunch of sites under different names. They have been trying to spam us by email (never actually responding to our reply) and later also registered multiple sock puppet accounts (now banned). Every time the scenario is the same: they try to start a new seemingly harmless topic just to disguise backlinks to their sites in the text. We have repeatedly informed them that this is not allowed, and they are blatantly ignoring our messages and continue with this practice under different names.

Don’t support black hat tactics.

Sites I’ve positively identified that belong to this aggressive campaign:

cropkingseeds.com 
cropkingseeds.ca
sunwestgenetics.com
vancoastseeds.ca
sonomaseeds.com
bulkmjseeds.com
vancouverseedbank.ca
mjseedscanada.ca
rocketseeds.com
beaverseed.com
greenaffiliates.com
53 Likes

Thanks for looking out for us all Joe.

10 Likes

I will give them special karma.

2 Likes

lol There’s our own @LemonadeJoe !! looking out for us as always! many thnx cuz

7 Likes

Beautiful post. Fuck these guys. Spread the word OG army!

4 Likes

Idk about the current practices but my friend got some fire years ago from CK. I bought some from a smoke shop after IL went legal.

This is some white cookies currently 2-3 weeks from finishing. Idk if the smoke will be any good but it does really smell like frosted animal cookies. Supposedly white widow crossed with animal cookies

4 Likes

Nobody can deny that you can get some good seeds from them. They have to sell some good stuff so folks will defend them saying things like “I have bought good seeds from them”. I have grown some White Widow and Northern Lights from them that was great. The problem is they also have tons of total garbage. I think the biggest problem is that the openly lie and rip people off. Look at the original post where they are called out for repackaging seeds from breeders. Anyone that openly reproducers packaging and sells it as breeder packs is total scum IMO. I personally won’t deal with people like this. I used to order from them before I knew any better but never again.

12 Likes

Yeah I have read this thread, and agree with you. I hadn’t heard any of this a couple year ago when I got the seeds. Just popped one of these after this thread to see if they were any good. :laughing:

3 Likes

I think they used to be better, when they only had 14 or 15 strains. over the last 10 years they just started putting a ridiculous amount of random hype strains on their site by the hundreds.

2 Likes

ya cause there are like a hundred generated lists with the same names on it. I am sure Crop Kings make many of those lists.

Any one know if this is counterfeit?

I had a blueberry fem auto this summer that turned out to be neither auto nor fem that was purchased from rocket seeds.

I can’t say this is a reflection of the company as the person who gave me the seed grew some great plants from the same seed package.

3 Likes

That’s not even their logo unless they changed it

3 Likes

Check out all the names these shysters use in the post by LemonadeJoe , I have gotten all sorts of those pins when I bought stuff from them years ago. Trinkets and trash, gotta give big ups to marketing.

8 Likes

In all honesty…unfortunately I have tried some of there strains.
After trying quite a few of them I feel I can post my opinions.

Hashplant feminized - It was okay, decent growing plant. Not strong as fuck, although some people said it was killer that I gave it to, I didn’t think it was as potent as other strains I could attain so I discontinued it.

Gelato feminized - Hermies… enough said. Waste of time.

Blueberry regular - Took me 15 seeds or so to get 2 females that would actually grow as a plant.

Skunk regular - Got 1 female that grew decent colas…hard to clone (not a fast rooter)…the smoke wasn’t very potent at all…not great of a taste. Had some nice red colouring to it in flower though. Still have a clone but thinking of discontinuing…I’d rather make room for something better.

Afghani - 1 female out of 5…grew decent sized buds…didn’t knock me on my ass… taste wasn’t great… I discontinued that plant as well…

White widow - All 5 were males.

I also tried White widow feminized from “Sonoma”…they all failed terribly.
I tried another strain from sonoma as well but can’t remember what it was now…
I believe Sonoma seeds is affiliated or basically the same company as CKS.

There are others I tried, just can’t remember them all…not worth the time to grow at all in my opinion.
Only reason I tried these is cause my local hydroponics store has them in stock an they were kinda last minute purchase an for shits an giggles to see what happens. Everything people say negative is true in my opinion about CKS.
I will never try any again. You only live so long, don’t waste your time on these is my personal opinion.
So many other selections to choose from that will have better results!
I don’t like giving negative reviews at all…but in this case I have no choice otherwise I would be a liar.
I will say again I only got them cause they were obtainable in store locally.

Edit: The money I wasted on these, I could have spent somewhere else and have obtained several keepers!

10 Likes

I knew we got fleeced…

Makes a great thumbtack though!

4 Likes