Rolling Cannarillos with Dewb

going to show how i personally make cannarillos. remember there are a million ways to do things, this is just my way, and will likely evolve as i learn more.
@MadScientist
the mold:
i found a suitable length of hard wood 2 x 4,
drill a 1/8th inch hole straight through the center of where you want your cigar. ( i made two in one mold)
that is the hole for the bamboo skewer and also a pilot hole for the bigger drill bit.
next i drilled out the space with a 1/2 inch drill bit forming the body of the cigar. ( make it deep but not too deep)
then i sawed the 2x4 in half with a band saw.
and here it is

then we gather supplies
mold
bamboo skewers
foil or parchment paper
fresh buds (i use the popcorn/airy buds) (you can use dry but i like using fresh)
clamp or vise

line the mold with foil or parchment, if using foil use dull side up.

grab some buds, remove stems and start packing it in there until you reach desired length
pack it in there real well.

repeat for the other half of mold. insert the skewer

align the mold and clamp tight.

let sit for a day or two the carefully remove the mold and you should end up with this

at this point, if you used fresh buds, you can choose to ferment, i believe we have a resident fermenter @ReikoX who could at least explain the process (edited, my mistake friend), (there is also a thread on it) or you can dry and cure. i use a vacuum sealer to sweat/cure to avoid the buds shrinking away from the skewer.

for the wrapping i use leaf i have pressed in a book for at least a month. longer is better. the i re-moisten by layering them with paper towels, placing in a ziplock bag, and adding 2 wet paper towels on top and bottom. seal and place in a warm place.

I’m waiting on my concentrate at the moment so I’ll pause here, but basically i cover the “cob” in concentrate then wrap in leaves, reseal and wait…

10 Likes

Thanks for this! @Dewb

It’s super easy to do, once you have the mold, will go to a wood shop here to see if they will make it for me, don’t have the necessary tools to make one myself.

If it’s not too much to ask, let’s see the wrapping process bro!

Thanks man!

4 Likes

yes ill post the wrapping process soon. should have my concentrate today or tomorrow. i have everything ready except that…

3 Likes

No i know, may i come over and smoke those with ya!

HAHAHAHAHA

And then the wife kills me for leaving the country without her and the kids!

LOL

2 Likes

I’ve done it twice, definitely not an expert. That being said, I do ferment my leaves…

3 Likes

Just the leaves not the buds!?

3 Likes

Yes, though I probably should try fermenting the buds once too.

3 Likes

I will make them and then try to vary with the process once i feel safe enough to deviate from instructions provided.

2 Likes

My bad… I knew you had done it though.

2 Likes

Still waiting on concentrate… but I haven’t forgot about showing the wrapping section. I’m hoping dude is here tomorrow. Or I may have to adapt as I was hoping to have the done for my bday…

3 Likes

I’m going to try this.
Thanks for this idea

3 Likes

finally got some shatter…

the wrap:

supplies

(normally I’d press the shatter to make one solid thin sheet to wrap the entire cigar in, but i didn’t get enough this time)
so we take some shatter and make some snakes around the cob.

take a lighter and make it gooey by gently heating it up.

smear it all over. I used a skewer to do this

wrap, gently but firmly pulling the leaf tight( I like to cut the tips off the leaf )

continue until wrapped completely

make a cap by cutting a small section of leaf to size

and voila

vac seal and cure (longer is better)

then enjoy

apologies for the unfocused pics…

5 Likes

It is a little hard to tell, did you light the end that had the stick coming out, or the end that you fitted the ‘cap’ to?

If you did light the other end than the cap, did you make a small hole in the cap?

4 Likes

Yeah the cap end goes in the mouth. I pushed the stick back through to make a small hole in the cap. those are two different cigars both done the same way…
Once you vacuum seal it the leaf smoothes out nicely.

6 Likes

@Dewb Do you have any more pictures of cannacigars you’ve made lately ?
Have you made a better mold or does that one you made work well ?
I really gotta try making a mold to make them. They look so tasty too. Was just reminiscing on past threads and came across this gem.

2 Likes

I haven’t made any in a while… haven’t been growing while I’m trying to get in the legal game in Oklahoma… I plan on perfecting them once I’m legal though…
I don’t particularly like the way they burn with the skewer hole down the middle. They tend to burn from the middle out… and the hit is not what I was wanting,
Been trying to come up with a better way.
Like taking a wooden dowel and shaping it like a cigar, wrapping the leave around it and packing it like a cone…

3 Likes

Wow!
This is awesome :wink:

2 Likes

Nice
Can’t wait too see when you perfect them. Might also have to take a road trip to Oklahoma to grab a few too
Thanks

2 Likes