Roots Organics Uprising Bloom Dry Amendments?

Have any of you guys run the Roots Organics Dry Amendments? Particularly the Uprising Bloom dry nutes?

I have been using a different brand for my veg nutes and was curious about any of you guys’ experience running this particular product for flower.

The feedings schedule suggests 1 to 2 tsp for 1 to 10 gallon containers which leaves a lot up for interpretation. To me 2 tsp in a 1 gallon is a hell of a lot different than 2 tsp in a 10 gallon but hey, maybe that is just me.

I fed 1 tsp per 5 gallon pot for my first feeding but am really looking for any first hand experience with these and how often you guys applied. From what I gathered it is easy to overdo it with these.

Cheers.

3 Likes

I haven’t tried the Uplift, but I have tried their Terp Tea Grow & Bloom dry nutes, and I’ve really liked them. The Grow mix especially seems to provide a real kick. I’ve used it both as a tea, and as a top dressing, and the tea has a much more dramatic effect. I usually mix up my normal tea recipe, and just add this to it.

Generally speaking, I like Roots Organics products. I’ve also tried their Oregonism XL, Elemental, and Super Phos Bat Guano, and I use Roots as my Supersoil base. I don’t know how many bags I’ve used over the years, but it’s a couple.

2 Likes

I’m only nearing the end of my first grow, but Uprising Bloom is one of the few amendments I used in flower. I wanted to stay organic but had to do more research online to figure out the schedule. I do just under a tsp. in each of my 3 gallons, at the onset of flower and once a month after that. My buds aren’t huge, but they’re pretty damn frosty and nothing got burnt.

4 Likes

I have heard good things about them.

Recently a friend who runs a hydro shop got a bunch of their products and suggested I try it for flower.

So far so good from what I can tell.

2 Likes

Awesome that is helpful info.

I too did a light feeding at the onset of flower but was unsure about follow up feedings. I will keep an eye out around week 3 to 4 to see if they are hungry.

I was told it was pretty potent so I am scared to overdo it.

3 Likes

I’m currently running this line also and need help too

I used Roots dry amendments a few years ago and I really liked it. I was in 1-gallon pots of soil and did about a teaspoon/month for them with decent success. My plants weren’t very big though, probably ~1oz of flower per plant. I suspect more food for larger plants would be the plan.

2 Likes

Any pics of your final product of the plants?

unfortunately that was during my document-nothing period, so no pics. But they were healthy, might have fed a little too infrequently too.

2 Likes

Rats cool just trying to get used to using this.

1 Like

Honestly I would just follow what the package suggests. It’s possible to burn your plants with dry amendments but it’s definitely more difficult than burning with liquid nutrients. You did 1 teaspoon for 5-gals. After a week you should have an idea of if the food is doing anything for your plants. If you’re not seeing any improvement on new growth in a week, add another teaspoon. it’s really that simple!

2 Likes

I use both veg and bloom. They do pretty good with the soil I use. I use 2 Tbl spoons every week in bloom usually 5 gallon or less

3 Likes

I used the roots organic terp tea bloom as one of my 3 tools to get me through mid flower with a phosphorus hungry white widow that saw a lot of time outdoors. 1tsp-1TBSP + 1tsp seabird guano + a TBSP of Alaska Morbloom 0-10-10 in a gallon of water then bubbled for a day to make tea was what she would get every 3 days at the height of her hungriness. :grinning:

This was her an hour ago right before i put her into 2 day dark before chop. My first grow and my main mistake was not enough phosphorus in early flower got me behind the curve and I had to catch up.

5 Likes

Less is more with those nutes imo, they are meant for a living soil supplement, and don’t do well in coco, I also find depending on the scoop there may be a uneven mix of content. I swear by the stuff, it’s the bees knees, but less is more.

5 Likes