Roux's Hydroponics

I’m sure you wont be disappointed with those!

1 Like

Yes, the most honorable @99PerCent shared those with oleskool and I am showering them with love and MegaCrop. I think they are somehow related to @Muleskinner’s C/99 Rom. I flipped them kind of early cause I gots to fill some jars!

1 Like

They are very much related.

Muley ran the first cross. I paired up some of those and made hundreds.

We have both shipped hundreds of those out without a single complaint.

99%

7 Likes

Well I might have to snag a few when the grow rooms are setup at the new location. I’ll PM ya when it’s closer.

3 Likes

OS I think you received some c99XRomberry directly from me as well, in the blue container (sorry to digress)

5 Likes

Uh oh! 99s were in a vial, yours in blue container…now I have to investigate and she who’s are growing! Oops! Old and high again!
:cowboy_hat_face:

3 Likes

Just plant all of them and everybody is happy, right?

99%

3 Likes

True overgrow style!

1 Like

It is an honor and a pleasure gentlemen.
@99PerCent, @Muleskinner. :cowboy_hat_face:

2 Likes

While I’ve got your attention gentlemen @99PerCent and @Muleskinner, My C99/Roms started off a little behind the other two strains as far as size and development. They seemed to snap to and have almost caught up to the others now. However, when I give them all a good meal, the C99s seem to “cringe” a bit. Leaves will curl and twist a bit and tips will turn down some. By the morning they return to normal. Is this typical? Thanks! :cowboy_hat_face:

2 Likes

These sprouts won’t need food for a little while.

Back off a little on the feed and carry on soldier.

Beautiful.

99%

2 Likes

Will do. Thank you sir! :cowboy_hat_face:

1 Like

The Roux Array

Completely custom build with the best materials and professionally assembled to last for many years to come. This is the prototype to 3 more I am building like this. Using the ladder/rack style build for this type of project.

Frame

Simple, elegant, functional. 19" heavy duty custom aluminum heatsinks. 39" long 3/4" angle aluminum at 1/8" thickness. M3 taps were made to attach the LED strips to the heatsinks and the heatsinks to the rails. This will provide passive cooling necessary for the LED strips, it will be able to dissipate the heat even if the driver is running at 100%.

Driver

Even though this light is capable of 600+watts. I went with a 480 watt adjustable driver Meanwell HGL-480H-24A. It has 2 Vo outputs because of the load on the wires, it needs to split the total load. Added a 5 foot AC power cable (14awg 3/c) and plug (125V 15A), and 7 foot DC power cables (16awg 2/c) with waterproof quick connectors.

Wiring

Customized my own wiring harness for the light array. 16 awg bus with 6x 18 awg soldered T junction power connectors for each positive and negative. Each power connector has been tinned with solder for the best connection when sliding into the LEDs power receptacle. Waterproof quick connects were soldered on and the total wiring harness has been affixed to the light array with zip ties.

LEDs

96 diodes Samsung LM561c S7 3500k CRI 70
Aluminum backed PCB with single pole Power Connector
DC 24 volts
Thermal Conductivity Coefficient of 2.0
2 oz of finished Copper

I’m excited to try out the S7 chips. This light array will break through to the 200+ Lm/W. I did some power calculations to get an operational range of 197 - 210 lm/w (46,800 - 91,800 lumens)

The Roux Array:

Light Array Size: 39in x 19.5in x 3/4in (990mm x 495mm x 19mm)
Light Array Weight: 9.8 lbs (4.44kg)
Power Range: 240w - 480w
LEDs: 1152 diodes Samsung LM561C S7 top bin
Spectrum: 3500K CRI 70
Max output: 91,800 lumens
Lumen Efficacy: 197 - 210lu/w
Viewing Angle: 120°
Power Consumption: 222 to 465 W
Operating Current (If): 10 to 20 Amps
Operating Voltage (Vf): 22.24 to 23.28 Vdc
Max. Current Rating: 28.8 Amps
Remote Ballast - Mean Well HLG-480H-24A
Adjustable Voltage and Current on Ballast
5 foot AC power cord
7 foot DC cord w/ water resistant quick connect

For the next one I plan to use 2x HLG-320H-24A drivers on cascading parallel circuit

16 Likes

That’s awesome. I just got done putting together a 5 strip SolSheet. I think I am going to try to get at least 5 more strips though before the switch to flower. I’m hooked already!

@Jellypowered Check out his wiring job… and he’s got that rare hard to find black wiring! :smile:

@Baudelaire How easy do you think it would be to remove strips attached to a sheet pan with the blue thermal tape provided in your kits in order to add them to a larger array mounted on angle aluminium?

3 Likes

I hate people who do such neat work. They make me look bad :wink:

Very nicely done indeed!!

3 Likes

Haha thank @KingGhidora I found black and red wire on amazon.

5 is great but 10 is killing it… @Jellypowered rocking the 10 strip “jellysol”

Thanks @anon32470837 , I will always spend the extra time and/or cash for quality.

4 Likes

Well, I’ve done it, but it’s not without risks. Best way I’ve found is to work a spackle knife under the strip from the side (not the end) and work your way down the length of the strip slowly. Just be careful of flexing the strip too much.

-b420

4 Likes

Would slight warming help or hurt?

Oh yeah,

Wow, @Roux. You can build. Sweet looking fixture.

99%

1 Like

Hmmm it seems like it would help, like with a hair dryer maybe?

1 Like

I would be certain. It could harden it to a point that you don’t want. It is also possible that ice cubes would make it brittle and lose its superior contact. I would investigate first and pry later.

1 Like