russet mites destroyed my outdoor garden

Are you experiencing with russet mites, your buds continue to grow but lack crystals? This was my experience. I used green cleaner but the infestation was so bad I can’t tell if the product is effective.

If he says he’s got russet mites, I trust his word, he’s an adult. There is an easy fix. I’m not having him mail me tissue samples to verify lol.

Go water your boss’s plants, unless you have a proven, effective method to cure russet mites.

You have strong opinions about products you aren’t allowed to use.

4 Likes

And how come he isn’t allowed to use them if they are safe? icon_e_confused|nullxnull

1 Like

If you need government bureaucrats who’ve never grown a houseplant to hold your hand and tell you how to grow and what products to use, then great.

I certainly don’t.

1 Like

Couldn’t it be that they want to be reassured you wear the correct protection clothes, gloves and glasses, use the adequate tools and dosage, follow the correct procedures after using them (shower, cleaning clothes and environment …), knowing what to do if you get poisoned or is it just that they are harmful to humans, beneficial insects (bees) and environment so they are forbidden to use and that’s why they recommend you other products? :sunglasses:

4 Likes

Here the legal market grows are all indoor. There are no bees in an Oklahoma warehouse.

There is no “procedure”, they’re just flat-out banned for the legal market.

They don’t “recommend” products, just tell you what you can’t use.

If you wanna complain about pesticide use, start a thread. This is a thread about russet mite control.

I have no dog in this fight but it i always see the opposite. Every time I see vernal make a post even suggesting a chemical pesticide , the same few guys attack him and make passive aggressive insults.
I’m not a pro pesticide user but I’m smart enough to at least be open minded enough to the fact that if used in a “intelligent manner” , they can be a tool for certain situations.
Half the time you have people giving advice on something they have no experience on anyway but still want to reinforce there ideology :man_shrugging:t2:

4 Likes

Must be all the smoke effecting the crew lets all smoke a bowl then kill the dirty little mites :sunglasses:

4 Likes

What’s the problem using nukes on the grow area when there are no plants in it. Good God give it a rest please. You can play with organics that don’t work or since there are no plants there nuke the address and know you will be starting fresh

2 Likes

I don’t see any attack or passive aggressive insults at all, or did you mean this:

I don’t think this is an “intelligent manner” to use them:

I agree with @Daytripr69 there’s no problem nuking when there’s no plant at all, but this is not what’s been said. It is not a question of ideology, but health, and that concerns all of us. I don’t think I’ve been disrespectful with anybody, just giving some advice to the OP and letting him do the choice, that’s all, peace … :sunglasses:

2 Likes

I would never advocate spraying nukes on flower, only early veg and then it better be another 2 weeks of veg before the flip. I only use translamilar not systemic pesticides. They won’t be in any new growth and only stay in the plant 2 weeks max.

1 Like

I never even mentioned your name , why would you think I’m speaking of you ? I’m talking about plenty of other threads were I see the same folks saying things like, “peddling your poison again” vernal , and other little sly remarks.
When I speak of idealogy I’m referring to the major of the cannabis community. I bet if we made a avid discussion thread right now to have a mature discussion about the effects , residual times , etc… I could tell you how it’s gonna go before it even starts.

I wasn’t pointing me as included in your statement, just saying the discussion was correct so far. That’s why I think the “Pesticides thread” proposed was not a good idea, I am not against them, it is just that you cannot advice someone to use it without him reading before all the facts and warnings

Abamectin.pdf (255.4 KB)

There are not many differences with Spinosad: (organic)

So I just search for a good equilibrium between effectivity-safety, heating any residue of those chemicals in your buds, producing unknown chemical reactions and putting them directly in your lungs doesn’t look to me as a good option, that’s all … :sunglasses:

3 Likes

Unfortunately, there aren’t many options that actually work on these bugs. Believe me, I’ve tried. Sulfur doesn’t fully eradicate and most organic products don’t get it done. Spinosad did absolutely nothing for me. These are nothing like a two spotted mite , not even close.

3 Likes

They will absolutely overwinter in your area @Mikebig420

3 Likes

I just had spider mites so not much experience with them, maybe just nuking them only on veg is the right solution for this case, I am no outdoor grower but in this case no more bees in his garden if done … :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

With all respect, I’m going to disagree about the victim Vern thing. That guy has been bashing organic methods non stop since I joined this site. He’s telling people to use eagle20, no-pest strips, imidacloprid, etc. I can dig up countless posts in minutes.

3 Likes

They are a totally different beast. Regular spider mites are not even comparable to these things. When I was fighting them , I would have loved to have regular mites LOL.
I used almost every organic approach and it barely kept them at bay. At the frequency I needed to spray oils to control them , I burnt the hell out of my plants
Sulfur probably worked the best but didn’t get rid of them totally. They kept coming back as soon as I would back off the Sulfur.
I will never take in a clone again. There is no plant out there worth that fight

4 Likes

Pesticide then Predators its the rule
After pesticides you MUST introduce predators, i mean not only in your grow space but all over the garden/property…the sackets works like a charm…

have you checked Spinosad 11,6% ??? (Conserve SC) Its effective and absolutely not toxic to plants…you can overspray without causing damage to plant tissue (pyretrum, sulfur, oils all can damage already stressed plant tissue)

The monterey spray is too weak to kill em…
Spray the hell out of everything, wait 3 days , intorduce predators outside…
do it again when the winter start to mellow, and another time before the spring arrives…

2 Likes

thanks that was the main reason I made this post