Ruthless Runtz x Chem '91 (CSI Humboldt)

Hey there, first post here and first time running CSI gear - Ruthless Runtz x Chem '91 through Speakeasy Omakase. Stuck 4 seeds into 7 gals on 10/20… topped and trained into little bushes with slightly dominant center colas. Very slow veggers. Flipped on 12/19 and didn’t get much stretch.

Flowered them 65 days and finished the last 3 days outside, bringing them in at night to avoid humidity spikes (rather dry couple of days in the high 30’s/low 40’s). This really helped them get some color, they got a beautiful silverish/light purple hue and one is deep purple inside. Still all had green mixed in though. Could have run them another week or two no problem. Got just a tiny bit of amber but most were fully milky heads with just a few clear.

Rather uniform plants with very little size variation, small differences in leafiness within the bud, but all tended to crowd themselves out to an extend. Required a bit of defoliation to open up some sites. Glad i pruned up fairly hard before flower.

All 4 had a varying degree of a candy gas nose with a bit of bug spray thing going on in the background, some a bit hashier/earthier smelling than others. My favorite plant had nice dense lowers that reached more than the rest, and it had a sweet but slightly acrid tropical candy fuel funk. These things still packed on despite their size. Didn’t see any mold before I chopped.

Day 7 of dry and been damn close to 60/60 thus far, there is a pic of a lower from that plant that I just trimmed for test smoke today. Good signs - instant onset high with lasting effects, fucked my vision up for a minute and cut right through a 26% dispo OG (which btw, smokes just like the last NL #1 I grew from AKBB). Anyways, this shit is some of the heaviest creamiest smoke Ive ever had while being surprisingly smooth for day 7. I’m stoked for a trim and cure whenever they tell me they’re ready!

Great first experience with his seeds but now I have to do some shopping, any recommendations on a Chem hybrid that brings some fruit terps but also stretches/stacks harder?

Cap’t

33 Likes

Those look nice! Sounds like a good strain too. Happy curing!

4 Likes

Those buds are stacked!

4 Likes

Nice to see these grown out @cappy_bunk

I heard Nspecta talking very highly of the Ruthless Runtz in one interview, and he mentioned it’s pretty different from the cookie fam runtz and is nice and stable

Great job!

2 Likes

Rather stable in all regards, both phenotypically and sexually. Starting to see a pattern when you hit two good S1’s together… predictability and space are going to turn me full fem eventually. Pulled just a few male flowers off in week three, but that was only a couple of sites on one single plant. Totally standard. I’d totally run them again just with the precaution of some added time in the veg tent beforehand. If these things got bigger faster I’d have kept the one!

1 Like

Welcome to OG @cappy_bunk

1 Like

Welcome to Overgrow @cappy_bunk! Great introduction post. Your plants look nice and the flowers sound yummy. It’s cool you found a tasty one that produces nice side and form flowers further down into the canopy. That’s whatsup! I enjoy your descriptive review. Hope you’re having a nice day. Many blessings and much love

1 Like

Nice man! I’ve got a purple afghan x ruthless runtz flowering out and it’s been stable so far (day 49), is super purple, and seems to be a runtz pheno as its very OG structure buds. Similar candy gas thing going on.

6 Likes

She’s a beut, how long do you plan to run her? And how was her veg speed and stretch ratio?

2 Likes

Yeah really is a pretty plant, it looks even more purple / black leaves than the photos show. Probably in the 9-10week range, we’ll see when it looks really done. I topped it once and I want to say it doubled, it definitely bushed out too. Vegs nicely. Very branchy, lots of tops. The purple afghan x urkle is polar opposite to it as well, that one has a big thick main top. I’m hoping the purple afghan component brings a more interesting high than the standard cookies stuff.

3 Likes

Definitely a good bit more internodal spacing on that purple afghan cross as opposed to the '91 cross. I see the OG look. Trying to untangle what that says about the dominance of traits with those three plants, in terms of structure…