Ryasco's Plants in Various Poses

No I didn’t say that. Ha! Ha! When 315 CMH came out the promise was one 315 would compete with 1000 watts of HPS because the spectrum was better. I didn’t find that to be true. This is from the above review.
A 315 watt CMH system can compete with a 1000W standard HPS for yields and crop quality.

Close, but not quite in the yield department. As far as quality goes, most plant types and strains were of better quality when grown solely with the CMH system or when the CMH system was combined with HPS lighting versus HPS (high pressure sodium) only.

The consensus from our camp at Grozine was that that we could all agree that yield levels would be near near 700 watts worth of conventional HPS lighting. To us here, that’s pretty impressive, i.e. better quality and comparable yields using about HALF the power for indoor grow lighting.

While quality is subjective, plants produced healthier growth, firmer fruits, more pungent herbs and yielded stronger aromas when the 315 watt CMH fixtures were used solely or as part of an an indoor crop lighting system.

Here is a comparison of three 315 CMH (lec) and one 1000 HPS on a mover.
https://overgrow.com/t/ryascos-outdoor-photos-and-random-thoughts/2366/43?u=ryasco

4 Likes