1979 Sacred Seeds Ancestral / Grandfather Skunk F2 project

I am testing some gifted beans from a user on another forum. My plan is to make F2’s to hunt further, while testing the flower quality, and also making some convenient crosses at the same time (even if they end up junk). These seeds are supposed to be 1978/79 vintage Sacred Seeds stock. This would be a precursor to Skunk #1. I received 6 seeds and 4 germinated successfully. I have cloned all 4 and I seem to have 1 male and 3 females.

The female Skunks are the bottom 3 in the picture. The male is in the middle flanked by Chem91 on the left, and Triangle Kush on the right. From left to right in the rear are Sour Diesel (Weasel’s cut), Slurricane, and (smaller) Tahoe OG on the right.

I’ll report back when they’ve made some progress. I just flipped from 18/6 to 12/12 yesterday after transplanting a few days previously from 5 inch square pots to 3 gallon pots. They were starting to get a little root bound before I transplanted, so a few discolored leaves visible on the Skunks. I am using Build-A-Soil mixed with some BU’s blend, EWC, and Roots organics dry bloom amendments. I also added some freshly ground malted barley. I’m flowering under two Spider farmer SF-2000’s but I might switch to one SF and a 315 CMH. Not sure yet.

65 Likes

Watching this one!

3 Likes

Following :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Most def following this one…!

1 Like

Gladly watching this party!

1 Like

Got this project on watch bud!!

1 Like

I’ll be following

1 Like

Pre Skunk #1, wow, can’t wait to see what you pull out of there bud.

2 Likes

Cool Man following tagged :sunglasses: :metal: :metal: :metal: :metal: :metal: :fire: :peace_symbol:

2 Likes

Should be some cool crosses from that. Skunk on the Tahoe sounds great

5 Likes

Following for sure

2 Likes

As pessimistic as I am about the possibility of real Skunk bud existing, and just not being found by anyone anywhere, I’ll be in the corner keeping my :eyes: on this one…

4 Likes

Believe me, I understand. I’ve got all sorts of RKS, Texas Shoreline crosses, and Afghanis in my library I’ve collected on the quest for an awesome true skunk. These popped up out of nowhere on a RIU skunk thread and were a gift. The guy is really nice and has sent some pics of some awesome looking plants he’s grown out of the seedstock.

We will see! I’m anxious to compare it to the terps in the Shoreline x Deadhead OG cut I still hold on to.

18 Likes

Dang, this might be interesting. I’m definitely on board and watching.
I bless this grow with the headiest of Heady Bear vibes! :bear: :sparkles::purple_heart::+1:

9 Likes

Pulling up a stump and loading the party bong!! :+1:

Cheers
G

7 Likes

Anything from Santa Cruz should be sure fire…
I will be lurking :eyes: in the backgrounds with a doobie :grinning:

3 Likes

Good luck on the project

3 Likes

Good Luck, Ill be watching for pointers :slight_smile:

2 Likes

"P’hew!!!" Followed the aroma to this spot. Got a mask, so I’ll head to that far right corner. Big success to ya, SS/BW…mister :honeybee: :100: :pray: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

10 Likes

I’ll sit and burn one w ya in the corner @misterbee good buddy

6 Likes