Safe alternatives to roundup

this isn’t about cannabis so i’m not sure where to put it. i’m looking for a safe alternative to roundup. i was thinking something like concentrated salt water but figured someone is already doing it. any ideas?

2 Likes

Vinegar. Household strength works, but the 30% cleaning strength stuff reeeeelly works haha. Gotta be careful though, gloves, goggles, the whole nine.

Obviously for spot treatment only, it is an indiscriminant herbicide.

15 Likes

This is what I was gonna say! I’m all out of likes.

You need a couple, preferably really hot, days with no rain for it to be really effective. Will kill everything including the grass. I have a near impervious bush outside that spreads by runners that I’m currently about to soak down in vinegar. They laughed off the roundup.

12 Likes

thanx for that. i’m surprised that nobody at the church has thought of that already. i mean come on, it’s st francis of assisi it’s named after and i don’t think he’d appreciate us killing honeybees.

3 Likes

I mix water and salt then add whit vinegar and a spot of bleach

Works well

3 Likes

that sounds like a winner there except i think i’ll skip the water and bleach to see how well it works.

Mixing bleach with anything is a bad idea, for example vinegar and bleach make chlorine gas which can kill u.

7 Likes

it’s not chlorine gas i think but mustard gas or something equally deadly and not to be messed with. i used to think it was chlorine and someone showed me what it was but then i forgot. either way, stay away from it. maybe it was ammonia and bleach. hell, stay away from that too.

edit: i think you’re right now that i pondered it a little longer.

2 Likes

Boiling water at the roots should fuck some weeds up

3 Likes

13 Likes

Dicamba 2-4, its a selectively herbicide. Wont kill grass, but most other things will be fried…
https://a.co/d/g3SHPWH

2 Likes

THAT is mustard gas.

4 Likes

Use gasoline. Its the best thing for fire ant mounds also. It evaporates quickly.

1 Like

Two Gallon Sprayer…1 1/2 Gallons of Water, 1/2 Gallon of 30% Vinegar, 1 Cup of Dish Detergent ( I use Dr. Bonner Lavender Soap), 1 Cup of Epson Salt…Weeds be gone!!! SS/BW…mister :honeybee: :100: :pray: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

7 Likes

idk, I tried a gallon of gasoline on that bush and it didn’t really faze it at all. Also reeked out the backyard for a few hours :joy:

3 Likes

As a fair warning, the vinegar thing will make your backyard smell like pickles haha. Better than gas though.

7 Likes

Yeah buddy. Salt water. Genghis Khan salted Fields Back in the 1200s and nothing grows there even to this day. If you are trying to get rid of weeds in your sidewalk or driveway water them with salt water

5 Likes

The vinegar works. It won’t kill-kill stubborn stuff. It irritates my eyes and lungs quite a bit.

What are you spraying? For broadleaf weeds in my driveway I use 2,4-D.

If you do go vinegar skip the salt if you have plants near by. You’re literally salting the earth. Keep the dish soap. It’s an antisurfactant that helps spread the vinegar better.

6 Likes

My goto is a Tiger torch…
…Kill it with fire… :laughing: :vulcan_salute:

Cheers
G

4 Likes

My driveway is gravel, and about 500 feel long. I’ve thought about getting a little trolly for the propane tank and going to town.

5 Likes