Salmon Creek Big Bud

It’s a clone only strains and it’s still very much around just have to know the right people…

3 Likes

Was the primary strain I grew indoors in 2001-2002 when I lived in Humboldt. I wouldn’t know where to get my hands on babies anymore. It has a unique and awesome smell. My heavy weight champion of all time nug weighed in at a bit over 23 grams- and that was with old school technology: 2 1000w lights on a sun circle, constant flow not fill and drain, exactly 3 fertilizers/chemicals in the tank=A, B, and Micro, that was it, never had mildew or mite problems somehow, never had any problems with the sun circle…it was perfect…man, now I’m all weepy with nostalgia…

3 Likes

ive had the text from this old post from Nspecta/CSI for like a decade lol;

"Back in 1988, if memory serves, Chris Giauque smuggled 50 Sensi Big Bud seeds home to Salmon Creek/Humboldt from Amsterdam. That was the year Big Bud won the Cannabis Cup. Chris grew out those seeds and his personal selection became known as Salmon Creek Big Bud. The Sensi Big Bud seeds were hybrids of the Pacific NorthWest Big Bud clone and Skunk #1.

On an extended tangent…Grandaddy Purple is supposedly Purple Urkle x Salmon Creek Big Bud…coincidently Ken Estes sourced his GDP roundabout Salmon Creek in Southern Humboldt.

Chris Giauque went missing in 2003 during a routine marijuana transaction of sorts. It’s almost like he took the SCBB with him…RIP Chris."

6 Likes

love this!

i wasn’t around back in the hey day but just wondering, what are some expired examples of A strains?

1 Like

Some say you can gage the quality of a line by the size of your compost pile. Tom’s compost pile/cemetery is something else :wink:

2 Likes

It’s a sad story, especially sketchy the way some guys were spotted dropping off his truck back in town:

Older article:

https://theava.com/archives/14163

1 Like

What a dick I was in this thread. Sorry guys lol.

5 Likes

12 pounds 7 ounces I think it was I got off a single scbb in a 350 gal container. Pretty epic man.

7 Likes

Its all good

Is this what murder mountain series was based on?

1 Like

All good i prefer an honest opinion. I had liked it mostly as a breeding tool. The male i had would give off structure while never affecting flavor or smell of what it was bred to.

Nope, but it’s in the same vein:

1 Like

The emoji choices here leave a little to be desired…

Hey now… I’m the only one here to have added emojis to my posts…

1 Like

:crazy_face: AH I SEE THIS IS HOW,
USUALLY LOVE EVERY POST ANYWAY :man_shrugging:
Thanks @Mithridate

1 Like

It was 300k. It’s a brutal situation. Cris had many properties all over Humboldt and Mendocino. He did time. Came out and tried to collect. Things did not go as smooth as he hoped.

6 Likes

Hi,i keep salmon creek big bud onlyclone pre80,if there are interested i change for other cultivars,better indikas or medical,i ,m medicated about 26 years,landrace is welcome.please need order to can send adecuate,to the way,live in spain,and need see to where go,a hugg of gardener love

3 Likes