San Diego suggestions

Nope. Only toured it. It’s so huge, I still didn’t see it all

2 Likes

My best friend from high-school is still in the navy ,his house is right downtown.
An alot of my family lives in SD
So much to do. Plus Tijuana is only 1 away

You could always do this, what do ya reckon @Greasy they seem a little friendlier than the ones you were lucky not meet in South Australia…

2 Likes

Wayyy friendlier. We have them, but attacks are pretty rare in comparison to other places in California, let alone the monsters in South Australia.

But if anyone is interested in some shark encounters, the leopard sharks are still around La Jolla shores, by the marine room restaurant. You don’t even need snorkel gear to see them. Can wade in the water around your knees and you can watch them swim around.

6 Likes

Headshops - ocean beach is a “hippy” area and pacific beach is a college centered beach area, both have decent headships. OB had cool beaches, pier, sunset cliffs, and the people watching is fun. Quite a few characters out and about…

Places to go-
OB pier, sunset cliffs,
Cabrillo national monument! Seriously check this one out, it’s right on the top of Point Loma so some areas you see the bay and the pacific from the same point, ospreys nest around there, and cool tide pools at low tide.

Torrey pine’s state park - awesome hiking trails right over the beach. Great place to enjoy nature after a sesh.

La Jolla cove- as others mentioned - great snorkeling and swimming

Mexican food- las cuatro milpas is an institution but the close early, like 2 pm. It’s the closest you come to Mexican grandmas cooking without having a Mexican grandma.
Tons of others out there

Disc golf -
balboa park has one and good place to meet other stoners; also a cool place to cruise around with some gardens and museums

Fathom bait and tackle-
this is near cabrillo national monument and its a small pub/bar on a fishing pier. They make homemade sausage and have a good beer selection, with a cool view of the bay and downtown area in background. Also lots of military aircraft and ships passing by it’s a cool waterfront view without dropping go tons of cash. Yes, they also sell bait for fishermen on the pier!

Seafood- h and m landing or fisherman’s landing is where the sports boats leave and there are some cool local fish spots in the area where you can eat on the pier. If you have lots of time you can take a half day boat trip and go fish, SD is a sport fishing Mecca that uses live bait for a wide variety of gamefish
Enjoy this great city! Sorry I’m not up on which dispensary is the best right now but the reader magazine usually has tons of deals listed in it.

That should get you started! Some family or friends would be mad I shred some of these gems but don’t tell them and I won’t either!

Enjoy this fine city :call_me_hand:

Whoops- just saw the post date :joy: all above is still relevant though!

1 Like