San Diego suggestions

I’m traveling to San Diego soon. My partner will be busy at a conference so I’ll have tons of free time by myself. I’ve hung out there before but it has been several years. I’ll have a rental car and have a few stops planned at various locations around the county. Where are the best dispensaries? Who carries good glass? Places to smoke? I’ve tossed around the idea of buying clones and shipping them home, but I recently shut down my garden due to broad mites and definitely don’t want to reintroduce any problems. Plus I should really plant seeds from the extremely large number of strains I’ve collected - but you never know if something amazing might be available… Any clone shops to check out?

Non-cannabis suggestions are welcome too.
Disc Golf recommendations? I’ve played at Kit Carson State Park before.
Hikes? Good places for photography?
Who has the best fish tacos? Sushi?

9 Likes

http://mcpspub.com/

1 Like

Brengle Terrace Park looks cool to throw some discs. I mostly played between Bakersfield and Fresno. Do you have UDisc. My dispensary purchase were cheap deals they had going. Have a great trip!

1 Like

Dead & Co playing Chula Vista on 10/27. :grin::+1:

Not sure when your trip is tho…

6 Likes

I’ve played disc golf for decades but only get out a handful of times per year anymore. It was a hobby that my friends and I would indulge whenever we traveled. I’ve managed to play courses all over the US as a result. A buddy was just showing me the UDisc app. I guess there is a cost but he suggested I could do a free trial.

Already have my ticket!!! I saw them last month in Saint Louis. I never listen to the current lineup but it was nice to see them live.

3 Likes

I’d hit up Torrey Holistics they always have :fire: cuts and they carry Greenshock Farms gear. Ask for the POG by Greenshock or anything from them!!

https://torreyholistics.com/menu/

1 Like

Dispensary wise, I would hit up the delivery service of Alpha Medic. You can get three of the top shelf eighths for $110 from 2:30 - 4 daily. By far the best deal in terms of quality and price in town. If you want to smoke publicly, spend your time in the Ocean Beach neighborhood. If you want to ask specific non mj questions pm me. I can probably point you in the right direction.

5 Likes

I used to date a girl from San Diego, cool spot.

I recommend eating some of their amazing Asian food and trying a Bloody Mary in the Gaslamp area, Cafe 21 is a good option

Also hard to go past a Peanut Butter Stout…

Then after smoking some SoCal OG you gotta hit the baked bear for an ice cream sandwich

Enjoy mate, lots to do and see in SD

8 Likes

If you have the time, 30 minutes east of San Diego is Anza Borrego State Park. It’s worth the trip. Go to the Fish Creek Wash section, it will transport you to another place and time. Giant robots fighting in the desert or dinosaurs stalking the terrain for clusters of peyote.

11 Likes

Wow you really have been everywhere.

Those are some great photos. I’m feeling the urge to go make an icecream sandwich.

1 Like

What part
My moms in oceanside
Bro is in Vista

Bealching beaver amazing beer an food

1 Like

Not so many spots in the US unfortunately mate, California, New York and Miami.

I jacked those pics off google but I have been to those spots and drank those tasty beverages, they know how to do it right that’s for sure.

1 Like

Most of the dispensary are really nice there’s alot
Go on weedmaps look up the area your in or leafly

1 Like

If you get a nice sunny day consider making the ride up to Palomar Mountain and leave the city behind.

Rolling hills, pine forest and a Dyche Valley working cattle ranch, a vision of what California looked like in 1800’s when the Butterfield Stage route ran along Lake Henshaw at the base of the mountain.

Afternoon views of San Clemente island backlit by the sun sparkling on the water, Priceless!

2 Likes

Thanks so much for all the suggestions so far! Last time I was in the area I was based out of Valley Center, near Escondido. I rode horses at Daley Ranch, played disc golf at Kit Carson, walked the zen gardens at Stone brewery, fished from the Oceanside pier, and ate a ton of fish tacos.

The time before that I attended a work conference but the hotel and the overflow hotel were fully booked so I grabbed a room at a boutique hotel that looked into Petco Park. I walked a mile across the Gaslamp each day to attend the conference, which was a joy in the perfect weather. I ate at a ton of restaurants in that area since I didn’t have a car - though I was able to get someone to drive me to Coronado for a little beach time. I also caught Blues Traveler at the House of Blues!

This time around I’m older and lazier - and can’t eat and drink like I used to as a “new” diabetic (no more beer or dessert!). My special lady friend wants to see the zoo in Balboa Park on one of the days she isn’t busy, and I’ll attend the Dead show in Chula Vista, but other than that I’m pretty much on my own without any time constraints. I appreciate all the contributions!

4 Likes

I could spend all my time at the air craft carrier. That thing is awesome to tour

6 Likes

@Meesh
Have u eaten on the carrier.

1 Like

During Xmas they have a amazing Pipe Organ
The Famous outdoor spreckles pipe organ

1 Like