Scandinavian inspired cannabis breeds

As i run things through my head on breeding i find that there is already soooooooooooo many names. Are there any strains that are named after the gods or sagas? Cause i think that may be the way i go with names. Let me know everyone!!!

2 Likes

I was thinking similar… You’d be explaining the names all the time of course. In my case I just want to name my plants so I can stop say “that one” or “those guys”.

1 Like

:joy: I doubt i would explain it. Actually thanks to marvel and the viking interest with games and tv i probably wouldnt need to often

1 Like

First i thought star wars but theres a ton of those then trek… Well… So i started thinkin maybe do some dark souls inspired names but that would go straight over most heads :joy:

1 Like

nice idea!

Odin OG
Heimdall’s Haze
Valhalla kush
freya’s fruit punch
muspelheims maple leaf

3 Likes

Yeah i like em man i would name each to corespond with the cultivar properties for sure though

1 Like

Well, I for one differentiate the two, what Marvel has used, and the actual historical… Mythos?

But yeah… I don’t know, I don’t go for the superhero things too much, I’m not sure how detailed they get within Marvel. From what I remember of Thor 1+2 it was a bit cursory. Granted I don’t remember a lot, pretty sure I zoned out part way through, movies are a bit long to keep my attention. As a very Swedish American, I do like the idea.

I planned several Viking names when I ran the Viking strain but that run was a bust.

I was planning to name Shut-Eye F3 x Viking - Odin.

I may revisit them when I get back around to another run of Scandinavian strains!

4 Likes

@ChemicalDependant Well its good too meet ya im nordic swede mostly with a touch of german american lol🤣 me and my family are all big on our heritage with me and my brother as practicing asatru and rokktru so it feels like a no brainer… I was just saying the marvel movies elevated the curiosity of the culture…
Tyr’s right hand

2 Likes

I myself am 3/4 Swedish, and 3/4 of that last quarter is Norwegian… the rest is English, Dutch, German… basically I’m Northern European with flavors of slightly farther south in Europe. Not a lot of diversity. Although most of those who share my surname live in Brazil!

Good you have some knowledge, will definitely help when naming. Give them some cool meanings with wordplay and the sort.

1 Like

I plan on it… Thats why i chose my name mimir was odins most trusted advisor… Like cannabis for me :rofl:

2 Likes

I love that there’s more Swedish American on this forum than actual Swedish people :laughing::pray:

I know norden seeds have two strains named after Odin and Thor, guess one strain name Viking something also

2 Likes

How are their genetics would definitly like to get my hands on those for a base genome if they got a kick

1 Like

They’re some that they been working on and that’s the autos for our climates, others are hyped strains that they just crossed with their own strains

Rather check the Danish sites for good strains, Danish Swedish Norwegian and also Finnish strains

One example https://nordicgenetics.net/en/

https://www.caseeds.dk/kategorie-produktu/christiania-seeds/

I do remember this old guy I used to buy seeds from, like 15 euros for 100 of his typhoon and Royal Dane seeds, wish I could find his old website. That’s generations of Breeding for the perfect northern climate seeds

His avatar name was TANSKA that’s all I remember, found this

https://nordland-seeds.dk/cannabisfroe/producenter-a-z/tanska-seed-development/

Sorry for the blabbering and of topics !!

6 Likes

Sweet im gonna check it out

1 Like

I like the look of the rockin viking and the ulduz

2 Likes

I name them based on mental association. I have one plant right now that, for whatever reason, reminds me of that old show MacGyver, so its name is MacGyver. It’s crazy, but if I go with the first association–no matter how strange, then I never forget what is what, since it is the first impression that struck me.

4 Likes

I associate strains with flavors rather than feeling, for some reason. Although, I have two different feelings, which I associate with sativa and indica. Never get stoned, so much as sedated, vs the sort of lift I get off sativa.

3 Likes

been looking at these folks

all the best

Dequilo

1 Like

I think @Swe-can beat ya to the punch @dequilo they have a couple i like but they dont post a thc percentage it just says high :joy: i do wanna check out a few of em though

1 Like