Scts' set it and forget it

Ok, @ReikoX, @CADMAN, @Sebring and a few others have inspired me. So now I’m attempting a quasi no till container. I’m starting it now so that its ready in a few months when I’m going to be ready to plant in it.

My mom actually got these containers from gardens.com around y2k. She used them for ten years, and I’ve been using them for 10 more years since she passed. They are basically hempy tubs. I don’t think they still make them, I’ve searched and cannot find these on their site.

I was recommended to try the platinum mix from coast of Maine, so thats my main soil. I’m amending it with a ton of mycco innoculants and roots terp tea powders. I mixed in as I went to try and get it more even.

I tossed a few contaminated grain spawns from assorted experiments over the winter which I had been saving in a box to mix into my garden soil, but hey! Its a party, right? As you can see apparently daddy long legs wanted to dance even though he contaminated with trich! He still put out a bunch of in vitro fruits. Anyways they all got buried. I have had contaminated blocks that I buried colonize in my garden, but only a few fruits. I have a feeling I’m going to get some fruits from this one though.

I put in a container of European night crawlers to start eating all the corn, rice, grain, straw, rice hulls etc, from the contaminated spawn… Then I topped it with some cover crop seeds that I lightly mixed into the soil on top. And now we wait. I used one full bag of soil.

So I’m hoping that I can complete a grow in here and only add calmag.

23 Likes

Awesome, I’ll be following along brother.

5 Likes

Looks interesting. I will be keeping an eye on this one :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Always interested in soil grows :sunglasses: :+1:

Pulling up a seat on the couch:

bong :heavy_check_mark:
beer :heavy_check_mark:
:popcorn::heavy_check_mark: (with cannabutter)

Cheers
G

6 Likes

This sounds like it could be all kinds of interesting. Now that it’s thawing out here I will just plunk down here on the grass and watch.
520FF269-2E2A-4AA6-9341-EC8B6CBA847F

6 Likes

Dibs on that far corner over there!!! I’m gonna ride this out, so when I fall asleep, give me a nudge if I start drooling. You’re in luck, I don’t snore. I know it’s gonna be an OUTSTANDING Show, all know your talents. Continued success, picking up valuable pointers already. SS/BW…mister :honeybee: :100: :pray: :heart_eyes:

7 Likes

This is definitely gonna be one to watch so if you don’t mind I’m just gonna stretch out a hammock somewhere off to the side so I can kick back, relax and smoke a fatty while I keep an eye on this here

4 Likes

The best part is; if it works well I have 3 of these tubs total.

4 Likes

The worst part is that the biggest smack talker on the site is here watching if it doesn’t work. :wink:

1 Like

Never a failure, always a learning experience

5 Likes

Looks like fun, cant wait to see how it turns out!

3 Likes

That’s the best way to look at things! Always moving forward. :wink:

Gonna watch your grow, so I can learn something :+1:

3 Likes

How big are those tubs? Looks like about 7 gallons?

3 Likes

Exactly, and I only want laugh with you, not at you. :wink:

2 Likes

I fit one cubic foot of dirt in it and a small bag of miracle grow perlite under it. It has an insert with fins that allows for drainage or a water reservoir if your going on vacation for a week, which I have done with :tomato: plants during super hot summer days when I had to work long shifts too.

Exactly how I took it!

A couple weeks ago someone was talking about wanting to manufacture a hempy tub, what about doing an insert type thing like this. You’d buy it, drop it into your selected tub, drill your drainage hole and fill it up… the insert would save you on amount of perlite used, the fins would still allow access to the resevoir.

3 Likes

Good deal. Badger’s have a quick tounge and are often misunderstood.

1 Like

I’ll find me a squat to watch this one. Like me some living soil and looking into no till option myself!

1 Like

Think I will hang around and watch this one. Have my beanbag chair, lava lamp cranked and bong filled with fire from a previous grow.

2 Likes

Welcome to the club, learning myself.

Why did you choose the earthworms, curiously? From what I read most use the red wrigglers nicht containers, and the earthworms are used more for fishing bait or inhabiting outdoor gardens.

Because that’s what was available today, I am going to order some read wrigglers to put in there as well.

2 Likes