Second ever grow, First Octopot grow!

Finding out about octopots is like when you found out about the Konami code for Contra back in the day. Game over.

3 Likes

Or finding the ā€œInvisible Chainā€ in Colecovision Donkey Kong Jr! Game changer! :100:
Always love an easter egg!
Although, I only played the Growing weed game once prior to the Octopot.

2 Likes

Over the past 18 years Iā€™ve grown in just about every form of media. Mainly in plastic pots or in fabric bags, Iā€™ve done everything from super soil , making compost teas and full organic

Never did I achieve the quality and quantity till I switched over to Octopots

It took @Gardenartus years to convince me to switch over
Now once there thereā€™s no turning back !!!

Itā€™s like 6 years maybe more that Iā€™m using Octopots itā€™s the easiest and most efficient way to grow indoors

9 Likes

Preaching to the choir, my frend!

Im glad I found the Octopot early in my growing career. Im trying to tell others about it, but some are just so set in their ways. Plus, most dont want to take advice from a guy who just started growing.

Although one of the local ā€œindependent grower/sellersā€ contacted me and is curious what Iā€™m doing, and wants to meet up and check things out. :vulcan_salute:

3 Likes

which bags do you use?

2 Likes

Grove Bags 1/4 pounders :100:

Just occured to me you may be asking about grow bags?
If thats the case. Im doing RainScience Grow Bags from now on. Loving how its performing so farā€¦
Hereā€™s link!

2 Likes

hell yeah, thanks! was talking about grow bags and am connecting the dots with your thread.

I also use grove bags instead of mason jars, love em. The QP bags with ā€œvelvet touchā€ are super luxury I feel like a rapper!

2 Likes

I use the bag that came with the Octopots

But with the mini Octopots I use a tall 3 gallon bag from amazon

3 Likes

Iā€™m using the bags from oftopot also, the ones with the straps. ugly lookin at this point tho hard to clean them all the way.

1 Like

Try the RainScience bag. I can honestly say I cant see myself ever going back to the Rocket Sleeves. Never used the OG Octopot sleeves, but from what Ive seen theyre similar to the rocket in construction. Flimsy, tear too easily, handles are useless (just look at the way theyre sewed in place).

You see its working awesome for my LSD grow so far. I dont mind being the testerā€¦ One day you may convert.

I feel growers who use Octopots are already a bit more open-minded than some others out there. Thankfully Im so new to this hobby, I didnt have a chance to get set in my ways, lol.

3 Likes

I just never needed to replace them
I purchased 1 extra set when I ordered them originally
And clean them after each grow and rinse with water and bleach

3 grows a year and still havenā€™t replaced them as of yet
But itā€™s about time by the looks of some

I know @Syn makes his own

3 Likes

I never bleached mine, good call

3 Likes

I rinse Octopots and all fabric bags in bleach once clean
It kills any possibility of a problem

3 Likes

Im sure they were great for you. Worked just fine in my grow(s) as well.

I just got kinda POā€™d when I used the Rocket Sleeve for a single grow (Electrify) and it tears upon lifting out of the reservoir.

Chrisā€™s attitude when I mentioned it to him sealed it for me. ā€œwell, you cant manhandle themā€¦ā€ Seriously!?

Clear difference in material quality and fitment between the two brands.

2 Likes

Definitely will try those I know you put the training holes in you self I believe I read that
But Iā€™m lazy that way Iā€™ll buy ones with holes already in place
Ty great feed back

2 Likes

For whatever reason, RainScience doesnt offer the triaining holes on the Autoflower Bags. I purchased online. An oversight, Im sure. The grommet option is not available online.
Im sure they would offer grommets installed if you were to call and make an order.
They are a bitch to install, that material is really tough!

2 Likes

Yeah, her you and jetdros threads on opengrow is what got me to go with them.

3 Likes

Now thatā€™s was some interesting site
lol
:joy:

1 Like

So, I like to think Iā€™m ā€œopen mindedā€ enough to check out new grow styles :grin:ā€¦ Newb questionā€¦ Whatā€™s the difference between an octopot and a stand SIP grow? Other than the res being bigger, and using bags instead of plasticā€¦ What am I missing?

1 Like

Better made system works the same

3 Likes