Second grow .....or..... Will the Clones Survive

You might try standing the containers in a small amount of water. Unless the plants are weak, they should push right through a little flooding.

1 Like

That is exactly what I did. I gave the bigger plants about double the water I left for the smaller two but it still came out short. With the Blumat drippers and a 5 gallon container feeding them, I’m hoping to avoid a complete dry out like I had this time.

2 Likes

Unless you go fully automatic, or get someone to water, you are doing about as well as can be done.

:thumbsup:

2 Likes

Here are the girls today. A little more pruning going on. These girls are going to have to survive another long stretch of LITFA while I am away. Got my Blumats today so I have a little help. Setting them up attached to a five gallon bucket that I’ll hang way up high in my tent. As soon as I get back these will go into the flip

7 Likes

After my second week out of town in the last three weeks, I am finally going to be around to tend to my girls for a while now. I used blumats this time and got mixed results. Three of my 4 girls did OK while I was gone. Going to have to figure out what went wrong. I thought the fourth plant would be a loss after seeing her last night but after a few hours she looks to be regaining her health. Now for some TLC and then into the flip. Going to have to stay closer to home for a while.

8 Likes

Oh she perked right up. Looking great. These are cuts of the space.u right?

1 Like

Yes, they are. Looking for big things out of these girls. Going into the flip soon and will take some more cuttings. Gotta get some more nitrogen into the ones on the right so I added a little CalMag. First run was spectacular. Hope this one is too.

2 Likes

48 hours after the flip and theses girls are already sending out their pistils. May have to do some pruning and grab a couple more clones at the same time. Will put a few beans into the ground then too. Here are a few photos.

Good things to come…

SkyDog

8 Likes

Clones at 3 days into the flip.

Are these looking too busy and in need of some pruning? I’m not sure…

6 Likes

I was just going to ask if you had plans to prune. I would focus the plant on the upper 1/2 of the current growth and prune back the lower growth. Again, time for clones?

2 Likes

I like the way you think. Was looking at some of the lower branches this morning thinking they would make good clones. Time to drop a few more beans too…

4 Likes

Came home Friday and did some pruning. Took 4 clones in the process. Built a makeshift humidity dome while waiting for one I ordered to arrive. Here’s what happened.

Took the clones from the beauty in the front left of the photo below.

A big plastic bag, some tape, and coffee stirrers were all it took to modify a seedling starter tray to be a humidity dome.

These are the clones 24 hours after being taken

These grandbabies of my first grow are looking good after 24 hours. Keeping my singers crossed…

I decided to cut the lower leaves in half after taking these photos to keep them from taking too much energy while the babies turn from flowering to root production.

Grow on…
SkyDog

8 Likes

Nice healthy cuts. Hope you like that bud :laughing:

5 Likes

I really dig stacking the cups like that to be able to monitor the roots but keep them covered. That’s pretty genius. Beautiful plants. Keep up the good work.

4 Likes

Check-in this morning showed the girls looking pretty good with bud development in action. Took a shot through the plastic and the new clones appear to be liking their new home so far… More to follow.

Everyone is happy!

SkyDog

5 Likes

These are vigorous plants.

I am enjoying your grow.

I hope you are enjoying the product.

2 Likes

Girls got transplanted last night from 1 to 3 gl container. Lots of room to grow now…

SkyDog

5 Likes

Clones from the plants above taken five days ago. Looking much better than my last batch at the same age. Humidity dome is doing it’s job…

SkyDog

5 Likes

Te girls are liking their new containers and are throwing off lots of buds. Moved clones to a new plastic container last night. Grow on!

Looks like I need to add nutes for the clones.

6 Likes

It’s been a while since I had much time to spend with the girls , but tonight I got to snap a few shots. These girls are 15 days into the flip now and looking pretty good. Here are the four girls…

Señorita numero uno… (When I went to prune her I noticed she split into three separate trunks so I just let her do what she wanted. We’ll see how she does.)

Señorita dos

Señorita tres

Señorita cuatro

Here are a few more shots. These girls have really started throwing buds early compared to the last run. They are everywhere…

Last, but not least, we have the babies. A little pale but I like the way they haven’t wilted or drooped like their big sisters did when I took them. ( only got one shot before the camera battery died. More at a later date when there’s more to show)

Have a great weekend. Grow on, brothers & sisters. Grow on!

SkyDog

6 Likes