Second grow .....or..... Will the Clones Survive

Haven’t updated in a while so here’s what we look like now.

5 Likes

When I did my first grow back in May my expectations were not really high but I wanted to learn so I took on the challenge. Grow #1 did fantastic and came out better than my wildest dreams thanks to the members here, and especially the one who got me going. They know who they are and I’m eternally grateful.

A week after I flipped the girls in that first grow, I culled 4 clones to see what would happen. Those clones are now 3 weeks into flower and are, in my opinion, are doing better than their mothers. They are now 2 weeks old and have some chunky roots forming. A day or two more and they will go into solo cups to begin to spread their wings.

So here they are.

Definitely have the humidity dialed up.

Close up of each clone

4 Likes

And we now have some roots sticking out of the rockwool cubes. Here they are…

7 Likes

More progress on the rooting today. By mid-morning, when I get up, they will be ready to put into some cups to start spreading .

4 Likes

Today’s update. Root growth overnight was substantial so the girls got put into some cups of coco to begin their journey. Here’s what things looked like during the transplant.

6 Likes

Now the girls are in their cups where they will reside for a while now while they strengthen up.

3 Likes

Here’s the latest on the Second grow.

5 Likes

I have a new project starting right now. I soaked 8 beans in cups of water overnight and they have now been placed between moist paper towels to sprout their roots. 4 x The Black x Champagne & 4 x Near Misses. Let’s grow baby. Let’s grow!!!

4 Likes

I am anxious to see the Near Misses in action. Their dad fathered your first run. Mom was a fruity version of Agent Orange X (XJ13 x Penny Wise) So its all TGA stuff with a little bit of Norstar Genetics. (They have the XJ13)

Could be a good line. Sho hopin’ :smile:

3 Likes

Progress on the germination front. 3 of 4 Near Misses have come to life. Two of The Black have roots stretching out and a third one just opening up. I was a little worried this morning as they were a little too dry for my liking, but plenty of moisture and they’re moving along.

I see rockwool in their future…

Cheers,
SkyDog

3 Likes

So here are the parents of my current clones and daughters of my first grow. They seem to be moving along even better than their parents. I might have to stake them up soon. They are developing lots of big buds. I’ve got the humidity dialed in between 45% and 55% and temps from the low 70’s to about 82. Just starting to get frosty. So might the weather soon too.

Enjoy your 12 hours of sleep ladies.

SkyDog

6 Likes

Clones were taken around 20 days ago now and are looking healthy.

5 Likes

How are the flavors on the originals.

I think @Scissor-Hanz throws the original plants away and only works with clones. And boy can he clone.

2 Likes

Looking mighty fine @SkyDog keep up the great work!

1 Like

Flavors are delightful. Wish I would have been able to flush for another week but circumstances did not allow for that. I can’take really pin it down but the taste is somewhat fruity & sweet. My senses aren’t what they used to be.

1 Like

Everything looking good this afternoon in the garden. Will check out the clones and seeds later, after the farm animals are fed.

SkyDog

4 Likes

Seems like forever since my last post. Had to deal with some unexpected issues over the last two weeks but all is good now. The girls are doing well but in the last week or so started to need some support. I started with a couple bamboo poles but quickly learned that I would need more than that. I put together a makeshift frame for some netting and everything is under control now. Six weeks into the flip now. These girls parents started to develop some bud rot a little after this point in their grow but looking back, my humidity was getting up to 80% at times. During this grow, I have kept it at 50-60% consistently so hopefully will avoid anything like that. Two weeks to trim jail.

SkyDog

4 Likes

Clones off the big girls are about ready to transplant into bigger containers to prepare for the flip. Did some pruning after taking these photos.

1 Like

Seedlings are slowly popping. Hoping to see more any day.

I’m in uncharted territory now. At 7 weeks today, and this is the time i noticed some bud rot starting on my first grow and had to take the plants immediately. I have kept the humidity below 60% consistently on this grow by moving more air around and through the tent. Hopefully, they will be able to reach full maturity before I take the girls. Trichomes are cloudy but do not appear to me to be turning amber yet except maybe on one bud.

3 Likes