Second grow .....or..... Will the Clones Survive

@ReikoX The sensor I use for the data logging is the Inkbird IBS-TH1 Plus. This one also has a digital readout on the face and a remote sensor with a 2 meter cable which I haven’t even used yet. It just sits about a foot off the floor of the tent on a small stool. I also have their temperature and humidity controllers. Each one cost around $35 and seem to be well made. I just bought another one which is the Inkbird IBS-TH1. It has no digital readout on the face but if it works as well as this one I don’t see any need to hace the readout as I can see all the data I need on my phone.

I should also note that I can only review the data when I am within about 50 meters of the sensor. I cannot monitor it remotely. All you have to do is get within it’s range and tap on the graph. It will upload the data and populate the line chart with whatever time frame you desire. It also has low and high alarms you can set. Slick little unit. Sorry for the long winded reply. This little unit really excited me. It’s just what I have been looking for.

2 Likes

Forgot to mention that the Inkbird IBS-TH1 Plus can save 30,000 data points.

2 Likes

Thanks for that, I really wish the sonoff would at least give daily min/max values.

2 Likes

Photos from 01/31 Everyone lookin’ good.

7 Likes

Trichome Shots

6 Likes

My goodness that one huge cola! Love it. :+1::seedling:

5 Likes

She’s got about a week to grow. This is my first basement grow in the winter. The dry air really helps to keep the moisture down.I’m praying that it stays that way. On my first grow I let the humidity get too high and lost my big cola’s to mold. Finger’s crossed.

3 Likes

So I say to the wife. "What if I told you I had an 18 inch’er?’ She just laughed. Then I showed her this:

5 Likes

Took a few more pics this morning. Week 8, Day 1.

4 Likes

And a couple closeups…

3 Likes

Untopped plants are very pretty, quite fetching.

It appears that nowadays most growers top their plants.
An aesthetic shame.

Great job, good luck in the home stretch!

2 Likes

I just realized that I sort of abandoned this thread when I started worrying about the final days of my grow, which actually ended up being weeks when I created this thread: Question for the experts (aka. I don’t want to mess this up now). The completion of this grow is now on that thread.

Now I’ve got everything into jars and am finishing the curing process. I learned several things from this grow that will hopefully help me with future grows.

1. Pruning is more important than I thought. When this grow finished up and it was trim time, I got very frustrated with the number of small buds on lower branches that I did not trim. So much, in fact, that I decided that it was not worth my time to trim all that up and i will now just use it for water hash. I got a lot of good bud from the top half of the plants o all is good.

2. Keep a closer eye on drying during the last part before jarring everything up. Although I had almost perfect humidity (48-52%) throughout, I let the process go just a little too long and let things get a little too dry. I had some shake falling off the buds as I clipped them from the stems to put into jars. next time I will not let them dry this much. Hopefully things will even out a little in the jars and the buds will not crumble.

3. Have several trimmers on hand so I won’t have to scrape the shears so often. These buds were packed with trichomes and were very sticky. I was constantly taking a razor blade to them to keep them trimming instead of sticking.

So, in the end I had 10 quart jars halfway full to completely full and 4 - 1/2 gallon jars mostly full of bud. two more 1/2 gallon jars got stuffed with the lower small branches that I was just too lazy to trim.

Third grow complete, more clones have now gone from starter cups into Gallon containers and are starting to take off. I am trying some led bulbs with the domes pulled off for the first couple weeks and will change to 600W MH fixture for the remainder of veg cycle. Will see how this works. Hopefully after I have finished all the different methods I want to try, I can get down to the business of putting together some really good controlled grows. For now the experiments continue.

Grow on,

SkyDog

3 Likes

The plants seem to be doing well under the domeless screw-in LED bulbs. Good color and grown to just above knee high.

I am now wondering how much difference it would make if I switch to the 600W MH light? I definitely think the tent would warm up some. Temp right now has been averaging 62.11 degrees with a high of 64.56 and a low of 56.84 over the last several days. Does that seem too low? Humidity is averaging 36.66%. Based on these numbers, I am going to fire up the 600W tomorrow, to bring the temp up. Any suggestions you more experienced growers can give me would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

SkyDog

1 Like

Clone questions. One of mine is lagging behind. Anything it looks like it needs besides h2o nutes & litfa?

Thanks! (Oh yeah, I found an old film container. Can’t remember what the ISO on this is. Had to be pretty high!)

Ha Ha Ha…

SkyDog

3 Likes

@SkyDog the 16oz dehumidifier you mention is one of those small peltier effect ones? How high was your humidity before using it?

Looks like it says sinsemilla. Which would mean it would be the good old stuff without seeds

1 Like

Trial and error ive made many attempts to make a root.Some mostly failed attempts mind you ’ this was trial and error and my mistake I always made a straight edge cut fir plant regrowth and so on…also if you made it and got a root good for you.
I always made a mistake by then the cut was a fail.