Second grow .....or..... Will the Clones Survive

The seedlings are coming along nicely.

3 Likes

Clones hanging there until I can transplant and move to tent next week.

3 Likes

Starting to get frosty. Smell is excellent. Getting close.

Wondering if anyone cam tell me what the little yellowish growths are in the fourth pic down?

Here are a few shots I got a little closer up.

Grow on!

SkyDog

4 Likes

That would be some male flowers. Some people call them nanners because they resemble bananas. It happens sometimes at the end of a cycle.

4 Likes

Those would be text book photos of nanners.

Guessing these plants are ready for harvest.

2 Likes

Very close for sure. Thursday will be a full 8 weeks since the flip.

1 Like

Often, clones will not take quite a long as the original plants as the original tissue is more matured than a sprout.

1 Like

I did not realize that, @99PerCent. Two from one parent are farther along than the two from the other one. Their pistils are browning more. Sounds like it’s time to go to trim jail on the first two and get the other two soon after.

Thanks,
SkyDog

3 Likes

Took two of the girls the other day and this is what happened. About 500 grams wet hanging on each line. The other girls are coming down tomorrow. They appear to be a little bigger.

Should I break some of these big nugs up for better drying?

The 4 buds up front were 500gr wet after trim.

2 Likes

Since my last post a little over two weeks ago a lot has happened. From the garden, my last grow of the Space.U clones yielded a little over 400gr. The clones I took from them are coming along nicely and will go into the flip soon. Two of the four Champagne X Black beans popped and are doing good. Will know what I have soon. I’ve had some germination issues and have to re evaluate my techniques. I got about 1 gr of finger hash when I trimmed the last batch. Also took some shake from the last two trimmings and got 7gr of good water hash.

Nice looking bud.

Finger hash

Water hash turned out really well

All the plants doing well. Plants on left and right side came from seed same time as clippings were taken for the ones in the center.

Next two are the seedlings about two weeks ago

The next two are the seedlings two days ago

Enjoy.
SkyDog

5 Likes

The plants in the last two photos above are now in their second week after the flip and I got a good shot of one of them. Looks like a girl to me. Going to get a shot of the other tomorrow. Hoping for another girl.

6 Likes

Got a couple photos of the other plant today and I’m pretty sure it’s a she too. Can some of you more experienced guys verify? If truly another girl I’m very happy. Got 4 of these beans and only two popped. Pretty lucky if they both are girls. The Black x Champagne is their genetics. Thanks @deep_rob.

The photo below is what’s in the tent now. The ones in the middle are Space.U. Clones from clones from the mother plant. The tall ones are the Black x Champagne. MERRY CHRISTMAS !

3 Likes

That is certainly female.

1 Like

Tent is quickly filling up with healthy growth. Plants were flipped on 12/15 and are now starting fourth week of flowering.

Photos from 12/30 below.---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Photos from 01/06---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Below are my Humidity Controller (left) and Temperature Controller (right). Currently I am only using the Humidity Controller to reduce humidity with a small capacity(16oz) thermo-electric dehumidifier. (no heat) Likewise the Temperature Controller is only being used to heat, using a small desktop ceramic heater (the only light from it is the switch which is covered with duct tape). Since I am growing in a basement the temp is about 58-64 degrees right now so heating is all i need. Humidity is only a problem at night when the plants seem to produce a lot of moisture. Being as this is only my third grow, I am still learning and refining. Hopefully this will all work out. The plants seem to like it!

Photos from tonight below.---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

5 Likes

38 days into the flip now and everyone is looking happy. The cuttings I took off several of these plants are rooting nicely and will be ready to move into the tent when these depart. Grow, grow, grow!

SkyDog

6 Likes

Day 43 after the flip. Feeding water only from here. On my first two grows, I struggled to keep the humidity down and had some problems. For this grow, I got a humidity controller and mini dehumidifier to keep it down and now it hasn’t gone above 48% in the last couple of weeks. These last couple of weeks until harvest should be fun. Getting nice and frosty now.

SkyDog

6 Likes

Took a few shots of the trichomes this afternoon. Didn’t expect them to be clouding up already. Getting close.

5 Likes

Here are some screenshots from my data logger. It’s already paid for itself. One of the dogs must have moved the exhaust vent and it was pushed against a wall. Humidity went up to 98% and I got an alarm on my phone. Went and rectified the situation almost immediately. Going to set the threshhold down to about 55% during the last couple weeks of the grow, for safety sake. Best thirty bucks I’ve spent lately.

3 Likes

Not sure why the pics didn’t show the graphs on the post, If you click on the line at the bottom of the pics, you can see all the detail in the line graphs above.

Refresh my memory, which sensor is this one? I wish the sonoff had this functionality (even saving data to sheets via IFTT would be acceptable).

1 Like