Seed Banks - Who can we trust?

No hablaras de los criadores de perros de Lineas de Belleza? Porque esos son tan malos como los de cannabis que estamos comentando…
Las lineas de Perros de Trabajo son otra cosa…

Do not talk about the breeders of dogs of Beauty Lines? Because those are as bad as the cannabis we are talking about … The Lines of Working Dogs are something else …

3 Likes

Bueno, si dicen hay sativas ( como algunas de montaña) con genotipos que pueden bajar de 12 semanas (Highland SouthAfrican Ciskei, Nepal Highland, Durban Poison, “Sativas de Islas Canarias Occidentales o Cabo Verde”, Durban Poison…)
Pero estoy de acuerdo contigo con la Haze; no solo eso: no creo que la Haze original pueda bajar de las 16 semanas de floración…

3 Likes

Hostia puta, primos!!! Que la Sinaloa Cuernos de Chivo’s Plomo no era lo que pensábamos: echa humo, si, pero no del que se fuma…
…Mejor hacemos como los de Green House y limitamos el radio de acción de nuestra búsqueda de landraces a los pacíficos invernaderos del Hispanistan, o como Bodhi compramos cripa o narcohibrido en alguna playa turistica de México; no, primos?..

1 Like

Yeah nowadays you have to really hunt for anything that resembles a true haze or true “roadkill” skunk. When those strains made it to Holland, the Dutch bred to the sweeter side of everything so that definitely did not help. Buy a pack of skunk #1 or white widow or NL5 from certain Dutch seed companies and you just get a pretty watered down version of those strains with no smell hardly. Or you have people like Crop King who just f2 other breeders work and sell it as the original. Shitty…

5 Likes

@MiG They ruined the Presa here in UK by attempting to make it a beuty competition animal. Many breeders jumped on tha band wagon by selling them as working dogs when they were many generations away from working dogs, and would not work if required too :wink: difference between dogo canario and perro de presa canario :wink:

Its the same with everything some people see an opportunity of fast cash with out putting in the hard work, and selling using name or branding of someone else’s hard work. (Copy Cats).

How baudelaire said it about grapes, officially here we have to name like that for kennel club. The name of the breeder, followed by dogs name followed by at (new kennel or your name here). Making it easy for peole to understand.

Confusion is good for marketing purposes only, not for furthering things for the better, gentics wise, educationally wise etc.

6 Likes

Shit, If they like the Presa Canario to Beuty, why not directly buy Dogo Canario?

It’s like to buy a Checoslovaquian/East Germany work G.S., or a D’Cochise Mali, to be the children’s pet…

2 Likes

Most people see a picture in uk want one not knowing the difference between a working dog and a pet dog hahahaha, then if they get anythng remotley that works they send it back because they cant handle it.

A bit like the kids buying electric trimmed, cropped 2 weeks early, sprayed with terps bud/weed.

They see something hand trimmed taken to the latter end of its flowering period with milky and amber trichs, smoke it and dont know whats hit them, then go no no, thats not proper weed man, it should be like this and show me somne shit with no trichs on only trich stalks rofl.

Most havent got a microscope and look at you dumb when you mention a microscope, may be its just me after all I’m in the MAD club on here and getting old rofl.

3 Likes

Well, I have no microscope, but is very true that is so much better if ya can have one.

1 Like

I was going to qualify my “100% sativa” statement with “with the exception of a few African varieties”. Have no experience with the mountain Nepalese or Canarias strains. None of those strains are considered be in the parental stock of Haze, which the most consistent and credible reports indicate was really a cluster of breeding lines, cultivated as much as bred, by a group of growers in and around the hills of the coastal California town of Santa Cruz in the late '60s and early 70s. Basically, they used seeds of the best weed they were importing, Mexican, Central American and Colombian sativas, with some Thai, and later, a Keralan sativa rolled into later generations. The “Haze Brothers” are the most well known (if you can be well known yet still anonymous) but hardly the only growers in the area working with these genetics - which both explains the variation in Haze lines - green, purple, etc. - and the rather mythical, many-fathered origin stories.

But one thing was sure. Haze, whether viewed as a range or style of cannabis strains or a single cultivar, was 100% tropical sativa, with a long finish time. Even Nevil and Shanti have come to understand that for a Haze cross to finish below 12 weeks it needs 33%-50% indica in it. My Haze project is aimed at breaking that barrier with less than 25% indica. And those African sativas you mention figure prominently in the strategy. -b420

8 Likes

Si esa composición de la Haze fue dicha por SkunkMan será verdad… Fue el quien contó eso, o fue otra persona, @Baudelaire?
…Si no fue SkunkMan, yo conozco otra versión de la historia…

…De echo, puede que SkunkMan le metiera Kerala o Munnar o lo que quisiera a la Haze Original, pero lei esta no tenía esos cruces cuando salio de los Bross
Quizá por eso, la Purple, Blue y Silver Haze ( que con la Green/Gold eran los colores/genotipo de la Haze de los Bross), no se ven en ninguna otra “Haze”" excepto en la Oltimer’s Haze
…o eso he oído por ahí…

3 Likes

I would love to hear your alternate history of the Haze. Mine is compiled from many sources I’ve cobbled together. My only direct sources are Oldtimer and Rob Clarke, Clarke having lived in the area during the time (but says he was focused on Skunk) and Oldtimer in contact with California Haze growers travelling through the UK at the time (Ot1 never met the Haze Bros.)

3 Likes

Sabia que lo habías leído de R. Clark, je, @Baudelaire (también fue la primera composición que yo leí y creí hasta que Glenn Orch me hizo recordar la “otra version” de la composicion Haze y un viejo hilo en CW entre Oldtimer y Kaiki aka C.Garcia) : R. Clarke probablemente si asistió a esos cruces posteriores de la Haze hechos por SkunkMan…

1 Like

Yo había oído que obtuvo las semillas de hippies de California que hacían escala en su casa británica, antes de seguir sus viajes a Islas Canarias e Ibiza, Nepal, India y/o Thailandia… Y llevaban las primeras semillas vendidas de la Haze Bross en California…

2 Likes

Hope you don’t mind my translating your quotes - for the enlightenment of our English speaking members… Yes, I have heard the same from Ot1. I guess my point is that Haze, like Skunk to a large degree, was a genetic cocktail employed by several growers in the central California coastal mountains at the time. Skunk #1 and Haze, as they became known, were the seed selections from that milieu that “got out” and were commercialized and widely distributed, by Skunkman/Clarke at Sacred Seeds and Nevil at The Seed Bank.

My point is I’ve come to understand that, like many inventions (light bulbs, airplanes), the ideas were being explored, even discovered, by several people at the time. “Skunking” being the crossing of a central/south American sativa hybrid with an afghani to bulk it up, add trichome density, and bring down maturation time; while “Hazing” could be understood as line breeding of several tropical sativas together for potency and local adaptation (optimizing maturation period), without the addition of short-season indicas.

-b420

12 Likes

Friends From Baridaguato has a Selection from Local Landrance Seeds

18 Likes

Que pasa, @hempmex, huevon! Estaba preocupado por ti por el terremoto…
Oye, no parecen narcohibridos o “chaparras” como las de las fotos de Sergio en “The Dogs House”? Que altura tienen? Conoces la variedad?

1 Like

La variedad es desconocida, las personas no conocen el nombre pero tienen semillas, eso si, según la cantidad de agua que puedan ofrecerles a la planta es el tamaño que tendrán, son de amigos de Baridaguato Sinaloa.

Las cosas por aca todo mal, hay un desastre por todas las calles, muchas personas perdieron sus casas, es una situación difícil y muy delicada.

3 Likes

Todas las buenas vibras del mundo para vos y los tuyos @hempmex!

All the good vibes in the world for you and yours Hempmex!

1 Like

@MiG @MadScientist

thankiu all guys for the support, every one wherever you are i hope you stay cool and getting some chill, here the things are diferent for now, but surely very soon will be like always. have great time

Las cosas en Mexico estan cabronas, la CIudad de Mexico, Morelos y Puebla han sido las principales dañadas, espero que todos donde esten tengan un excelente fin de semana

Desconoco al buen amigo Sergio, pero mira que cosas pronto me enviaran semillas de la sierra de Baridaguato.

Puse 2 Machos de Kritical Mass Resultaron unos mounstros los mezcle con una semilla de cannabis prensado de michoacan y otro de guadalajara, ya estan saliendo semillas.

Kritical Michoacan
Kritical Guadalajara

jajajajajaj ojala tenga un poco de suerte

I put 2 Males of Kritical Mass They were mixed with a seed of cannabis pressed of michoacan and another one of guadalajara, they are already coming out seeds.

Kritical Michoacan
Kritical Guadalajara

I hope you have a bit of luck

i have my room like this

One hand Male with 2 Females Mexican
in the other and Females from 1 kRITICAL MASS, AND 3 AMNEZIA MASS from small bank called Mr Hidee Seeds Bank

7 Likes