Seed Banks - Who can we trust?

Definitely a scam, if you look on the Wayback Machine, nothing has changed on that site since 2017 when it was created, same about us talking about a mixed bag of seeds. Total bull :ox:

4 Likes

OK Thanks for that Heads-up. I do appreciate it. And I believe my joining OG was more aligned with Finding the true spectacular genetics, not gimmicks.
The people and actions on this OG domain are amazing.

5 Likes

I remember seeing Mandala Seeds in one bank herer in the US - will get back to you

2 Likes

You can’t fault The Vault Cannabis Seeds Store!

We just launched this too 100 Free Seeds & 35% Off The ENTIRE Phoenix Seeds Catalog!

3 Likes

Any idea how to get in contact with “ol’ blue”. Thanks, SS/BW…mister :honeybee: :100: :pray: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

what about these site’s _ Happy Bird Seeds.com and Swanelys ? they are making hybrids strains- got one “runtz x Thai” couldn’t help myself - interesting strain. Please words of wisdom ? haven’t run any gene’s yet somehow this site is related to CannaRelief.com

1 Like

Cannarelief was flagged for malware and was blocked when I tried to visit the site, so that’s probably a no.

Happy bird seeds site is a little weird, but nothing that blatantly indicates it is a scam. My advice would be to proceed with caution if you buy from them, and choose lines carefully.

It’s strange that they don’t list the genetics on the sale pages, and have all of their hybrids listed on one long poorly formatted web page, requiring the user to cross reference based on the name of the lines for sale on their souvenir page.

They credit the breeders work which is a good sign. I see some well regarded breeders like Rare Dankness being used in these hybrids.

Glancing at the list, a lot of their autoflower genetics and other lines come from newguy420 seeds aka mark from strainly. I would avoid anything in this catalog with genetics from newguy420. He sells fake / deliberately mislabeled seeds.

He sells a lot of seeds labeled as clone only lines, with no explanation of the real genetics. He is basically just making s1’s of random s1 hybrids that he bought online, and didn’t keep track of his sourcing or the actual genetics of the lines.
Those are all bogus lines.

His autoflowers are also bogus, they are mostly f1 hybrids of autos and regular photoperiod strains. An f1 hybrid of a photo and an auto will not carry the autoflower trait. It will yield a mix of photoperiod phenos, and what people now call “fast photoperiod” genetics, which means a plant that carries ruderalis traits but does not autoflower. Basically, you get none of the benefits of an auto, but the potency and growth traits are still watered down with industrial hemp genetics.

They also credit a lot of the genetics they use as being made by themselves happy bird seeds, which is vague at best. No way to tell where they sourced those genetics, or what they are.

I can’t find anything online about Swanely’s, are you sure that is the correct spelling?

4 Likes

@hawkman
In general, I recommend great lakes genetics for US based breeders.
And I recommend the vault for euro and international breeders.

It’s true, I can’t fault the vault. lol.
I’m not a fan of every brand or breeder they carry, but they are a very reliable seed bank.

The only caveats are that their prices are not always competitive, and a few breeders like humboldt seed organization are known for selling bogus / deliberately mislabeled genetics.

HSO is notorious for selling fake versions of well known bay area strains, capitalizing on the name recognition of strains like blue dream and cookies, but selling something completely different.

3 Likes

I was going to say here.
Like the last fourm I was on
Usually someone was giving
Or needing testing.
I’m sick of the advertising
The over the top names
All the marketing .
It’s enough for me if folks I know say “ya that shits good”
But
I always had great experience with the Attatude
But brexit kinda messed it up
And cards are iffy now.

1 Like

Attitude the worlds largest seed bankl

1 Like

Gerat information !! it’s “Swarley” go to happy bird site and then it’s (swarley’s)on the left of the happy bird tag. have gotten alot of female seeds free from happy Bird. and as you can see they are concentrating on “auto’s” haven’t grown any of their gear yet Swarley has some interesring strains ref - Runtz x thai regs. have talkeed to happy bird he seems OK ?? and also he has a few of his strains listed on Seedfinders.eu understand that they are “spreading their wings” in relation to seeds sales

1 Like

I like north Atlantic seed company. I buy a lot of stuff from small breeders on strainly too and I’ve never had a problem. You just need to do a bit of leg work reading up on them or checking reviews.

4 Likes

for reference I use Seedfinder.eu and GrowDaries.com also fourms to check on specific strains - one need to do that because the price of seeds is so, so high paying at last $100.00 + at a time

1 Like

seedfinder is like an unreliable wikipedia. anyone can submit edits, and a lot of people are basically using it for advertising.

Don’t take strainly listings for a brand or strain as any kind of validation of legitimacy or endorsement of a product.

It’s just a copy of the sales pitch from the seed company, not factual information.

They have some ridiculous suppositions for the genetics of well known strains and clones. It’s often as innacurate as the genetics listed on leafly.

You might be able to use it to cross check information, but never as factual reference.

4 Likes

another one GrowDaries.com bur there yu don’t really know the level of knowledge that the cultivator has who post his grow - but nice to at least see some work --------------what to you recommend for actual informationon strains as for Strainly ? look at it ow-a-then – Many, many breeders – Hell _ don’t what to think about the breeders - good genetics ?? any info helps --Leafy.com is anoher but way to commericalized out of all seedfinders.eu 1st pick

1 Like

It doesn’t have all strains, but I find Allbud.com to be the best reference. It has good descriptions and real reviews on most at the bottom

1 Like

1671231022-97e4f38696ca88c38e06b1956f9e5c8b

:laughing::laughing:

12 Likes

The Seedbank i’ve learned to trust most of all Seedbanks is GeneticSupply.com. hands down the best customer service of any website i’ve ever dealt with.

2 Likes

Local resident @JohnnyPotseed is a solid trustworthy source to acquire some amazing seeds (and at times clones available to USA members ). His inventory is ever changing and always some one-of-a-kind strains to be had , you won’t be finding anywhere else.

11 Likes

They went fast.

2 Likes