Seed Banks - Who can we trust?

James Bean Seed Company rocks. They carry TGA and Dynasty which I highly recommend. I also recommend Resin Seeds out of Spain.

I don’t trust the Dutch seed banks anymore. I ordered 3 packs recently from Dutch Passion and I couldn’t believe how bad the seeds were. Knew they were shitty & immature from the minute I opened the packs. less than 50% germination. Half the plants runts. Very poor consistency. Honestly I would feel guilty about giving those seeds to friends let alone claiming “Master at Work”. Con artists at work is more like it.

Horticulturally the west coast USA has totally eclipsed the Dutch scene. With 20 years now of the legal medical industry the growers are just far more numerous and experienced. Commercial growing in Holland never got legalized, they’re still running for cover while west coast breeders like Dynastry have huge, openly legal farms.

11 Likes

Seed Vault of California / Holistic Nursery
Google or Instagram them always good service and top knotch gear

4 Likes

If you’re in the States, look at jamesbeancompany.com
Good folks. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

What’s the opinion on The Attitude? I’ve ordered from them a lot in the last few years.

4 Likes

I have ordered from Attitude twice in three years and never had a problem.

3 Likes

Please USA people, one cuestión: I know legalicy of smoke weed is diferent in each State…but what about Seeds trade? Is legal? If I sent free Seeds to a USA Overgrow member can I have legal problems with USA ?..Example: if I send Malawi Bangui to @pookie123… When My dogs hears “DEA” (Las Tres Letras) they show their teeths…

5 Likes

I’ve had the best experience with jamesbeanco, beans get from coast to coast in under 4-5 days. Unreal! Next would definitely be seedsherenow or thedankteam, great american companies with fast reliable shipping.
Zoo

1 Like

Perhaps I’m not the one you want to hear from but, US seed banks will sell to any state as they are sold as souvenirs seeds. But don’t just take my word for it, I’m sure others on here will agree. I’m located in Florida and we just legalized for medical last november’s presidential election, But they still have a few months to iron out everything. But if you don’t feel comfortable about it then I would understand. I can suggest this though if you are uncomfortable you could just mail it off at the post office and use a different name and address.
But if your country is ok with it I would not worry As the DEA has more important issues than marijuana seeds as there are many places in the USA that sell seeds all over the USA with no problems. Over half of our country has legalized MARIJUANA!!
I don’t know how relaxed your country is about seeds. but here in the USA it’s pretty safe to send and receive seeds. Just do what you feel comfortable with is what I suggest.

5 Likes

I just gotta say jamesbeanco has been a godsend!!!

5 Likes

James Bean co. gets my vote.

3 Likes

I’ve used green line organic sand have heard great things about Swedbank for humanity(USA only I believe)

1 Like

US Customs does not allow undeclared seeds, you risk the seeds getting seized by customs…

But usually that’s all that happens.

4 Likes

But declarates Seeds (here is like buy fruit Seeds:the weed bank logo on envelope) are ilegal, isent? USA never signed Viena Cannabis Seeds Convención, right?
Must I camuflated it, @GrowerGoneWild ?

1 Like

You are required to declare all seeds… even if its from legal species… Its not just cannabis they are looking for there are noxious weeds that are not allowed entry into the US, as well as pathogens that are on seedstock.

And cannabis seeds are illegal to transport on federally controlled property. I asked locally and I was not allowed to ship plants via federal carrier or on an airline, even if I am in a legal state.

As long as the seeds are well hidden, you have a high chance of it getting there,

1 Like

Buddy of mine just bought seeds from Cropking and tried to grow out. PK and GC 5 each. All went to hermi all went in to the trash…

1 Like

26 posts were split to a new topic: Seeds Here Now

“Dynasty” another I have a lot of respect!

2 Likes

As I stated earlier if you want good prices and good genetics I recommend Greenpoint seeds they are located here in the states and take credit cards also. If you sign up and order from greenpoint I can get you 30% off your first order if you use my link it shows that I recommended you and I will also get credit towards buying more seeds which I would highly appreciate. If you look they also have reverse auctions every few days where you can save even more greenpoint also has a “golden nugget” program which gives you points towards discounts that are great! If you do decide to go here and buy some seeds please use this link as it will save you 30% off your order and help me out also: https://greenpointseeds.com/

3 Likes

I too used to buy from Seedsdirect, Nirvana, and Heavens Stairway, then I took a break for a few years, and my seed stock was destroyed by a vindictive ex, so I had to reach out and find new sources. I placed 4 orders in the last few months, and from 3 different companies. The banks I ordered from where Herbies, Seedsman, and Attitude. Herbies was the fastest, and by more than a week round trip. Attitude was second, and Seedsman came in at 3rd. All orders arrived, and I received what I ordered from all three. Seeds from all 3 banks also are viable at this point. I hope this helps, and I am glad this site is still here! I was a member (different name) in the early 2000s, and this site is invaluable!

5 Likes

A buddy of mine was given seeds from a Canadian company called Cropking. The fellow that gave him the seeds had a bunch of seeds and didn’t need them. He gave him OG/Haze and Purple Kush. I don’t know anything about Cropking anybody have a comment on them? I think I remember someone on here saying Cropking seed are marginal at best?

2 Likes