Seed Banks - Who can we trust?

I’ve used green line organic sand have heard great things about Swedbank for humanity(USA only I believe)

1 Like

US Customs does not allow undeclared seeds, you risk the seeds getting seized by customs…

But usually that’s all that happens.

4 Likes

But declarates Seeds (here is like buy fruit Seeds:the weed bank logo on envelope) are ilegal, isent? USA never signed Viena Cannabis Seeds Convención, right?
Must I camuflated it, @GrowerGoneWild ?

1 Like

You are required to declare all seeds… even if its from legal species… Its not just cannabis they are looking for there are noxious weeds that are not allowed entry into the US, as well as pathogens that are on seedstock.

And cannabis seeds are illegal to transport on federally controlled property. I asked locally and I was not allowed to ship plants via federal carrier or on an airline, even if I am in a legal state.

As long as the seeds are well hidden, you have a high chance of it getting there,

1 Like

Buddy of mine just bought seeds from Cropking and tried to grow out. PK and GC 5 each. All went to hermi all went in to the trash…

1 Like

26 posts were split to a new topic: Seeds Here Now

“Dynasty” another I have a lot of respect!

2 Likes

As I stated earlier if you want good prices and good genetics I recommend Greenpoint seeds they are located here in the states and take credit cards also. If you sign up and order from greenpoint I can get you 30% off your first order if you use my link it shows that I recommended you and I will also get credit towards buying more seeds which I would highly appreciate. If you look they also have reverse auctions every few days where you can save even more greenpoint also has a “golden nugget” program which gives you points towards discounts that are great! If you do decide to go here and buy some seeds please use this link as it will save you 30% off your order and help me out also: https://greenpointseeds.com/

3 Likes

I too used to buy from Seedsdirect, Nirvana, and Heavens Stairway, then I took a break for a few years, and my seed stock was destroyed by a vindictive ex, so I had to reach out and find new sources. I placed 4 orders in the last few months, and from 3 different companies. The banks I ordered from where Herbies, Seedsman, and Attitude. Herbies was the fastest, and by more than a week round trip. Attitude was second, and Seedsman came in at 3rd. All orders arrived, and I received what I ordered from all three. Seeds from all 3 banks also are viable at this point. I hope this helps, and I am glad this site is still here! I was a member (different name) in the early 2000s, and this site is invaluable!

5 Likes

A buddy of mine was given seeds from a Canadian company called Cropking. The fellow that gave him the seeds had a bunch of seeds and didn’t need them. He gave him OG/Haze and Purple Kush. I don’t know anything about Cropking anybody have a comment on them? I think I remember someone on here saying Cropking seed are marginal at best?

2 Likes

Crop King popped up quickly a couple years ago, the childish santa mascot shit is enough to set off these old bells. Surprisingly showed up in hydroponic stores (there’s a large supply distributor up here) and some head shops over the counter. Neither of these type of businesses ever sold any cannabis seeds previous to ‘crop king’ showing up. I gotta give them recognition to their sales machine, but old strains and names like ‘crown royale’ mocking our best (sorry) whiskey from a relative newbie on the scene? I looked on a few other forums and found good reviews from predominantly med patients and relatively non-cannaseur growers, but the vast majority is not very keen on their products. It would be nice to see someone on here growing some out, but I find it easier to let the on-line community guide me before I spend cash on beans. BTW GTA seedbank has crop king seeds in bulk, Breeders are a different ballgame from seed banks and going with the OP here, the before mentioned bank, Hemp depot in Canada, are straight up and have had no probs with. In the past Attitude (Now Choice?) and most recently the greenpool (In Spain or something) which is more of a club type thing have all been good to me. We are finding it tough up here with US seedbanks reluctance to ship to Canada. Canadian breeders (not seedbanks) I have used med man, Jordan of the islands have both been reliable as far as beans getting there as well. Those 2 aside, the breeders responsible for a few great northern strains are still active and available with a little web savvy. Just naming ones there I have dealt with personally.

3 Likes

Nice of you to be so thorough. I’m lucky, in that, I’ve been friends with dozens of Humboldt/Mendocino growers/breeders for decades. So my beans are plenty. However, I recently acquired auto/fem seeds from Mesphito from Spain. Ive never grown autos and I met “1” of the breeders recently who shared some with me. What Mesphito is doing with autos these days should not go unoticed top notch guys and beans. I’m looking forward to giving them a try. Cropking, I hear, claim they are the largest wholesellers of beans in the World, sounds like bs to me.

4 Likes

Some time ago I was grown purple kush from Cropking, beautiful colors, smoking weak, I recently ended in Dark Angel from the same bank, good taste and yield.

1 Like

On a sad note, a few years ago a friend and me were propositioned by Brown Dirt Warrior aka George Robichaud, to collectively participate in a joint bean venture. My friend and I invested $'s in this venture with this fellow. Sadly, BDW is no where to be found and both of us were left holding the bag and thousands left our pockets. I do see some videos he is currently put together but it just chaps my ass to see him enjoying himself at our expense. So, to say the least do not buy one bean from BDW he cannot be trusted at least from my experience. As the old saying goes, fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me…

8 Likes

I have been buying seeds for a long time.
First from SSSC. Then Marc Emery, Seeds Direct and Nirvana.

More recently Herbies, World of Seeds and Attitude. I have used Attitude mostly, but have never had a problem with any of them.

For my next purchase I will use one of the US based banks.

2 Likes

that’s really funny, I was thinking the same thing. Huge ads in cheesy stoner mags doesn’t help either.

2 Likes

Does anyone know a good site to get BOG seeds online usally do attitude bank but they are not on there

1 Like

GTA seedbank in Canada has stocked BOG for a few years now.

2 Likes

Thanks ill have to check em out i met miss bog at the 2014 denver cup n she was really nice folk i wanted to try some of their stuff out but i was broke at the time!!!

3 Likes

If you declare any Cannabis seeds shipped into the US, they will be seized or refused by the PO unless you are a federally licensed Cannabis grower in the US with a DEA license (there are only a handful of those). Shipping viable Cannabis seeds by mail is not legal into or from the US, or inside the US. Nor is taking them across state lines by any means. Hemp seed is a special case (low to zero THC Cannabis strains), but you need a permit to ship them across state lines and it is getting harder to do that legally. Lots of places sell hemp seeds here in the states and say they are legal to ship, but that is debatable. Most hemp seeds are sold in state. Cannabis of all types is classified as a schedule 1 narcotic in the US by the Feds (even CBD), and as such is as illegal as heroin here at the federal level. At the state level, it varies by state. In Oregon, you can transport plants, flowers and seeds by any means, but not by US post, and not on federal lands (BLM, National Forest, National Park, or Indian Lands). You can even fly with Cannabis here now, as long as the flight is not out of state. Cannabis seeds in bird seed has been allowed here in the US, but only if they have been irradiated to render them sterile. You can also buy hemp seeds by the pound in the health food stores here, but they are also sterile and usually hulled.

As such you need to disguise any seeds being shipped and use packaging that prevents them from being crushed in the mail.

5 Likes