Seed Banks - Who can we trust?

Bingo pajama is a special strain average yield but special strain

1 Like

But sunshine #4 was one of the best strains Iā€™ve ever grown right up my street

1 Like

i like strain supermarket for seeds i have always received what i ordered plus freebees they ship theirs in full DVD,s so you also get a movie for watching while puffing.

1 Like

If I was buying bodhi and stateside or even where I am uk I would I would go for Great Lakes Genetics or James bean.
Anyway my friend @Sunvalley did have an issue for a while as South Africa is not like sending to rest of world. My friend in uk just cropping some off of dragon boat Jeff? Where he had some freebieā€™s runaway bride something off Iā€™m not sure which are outperforming. Plus if I had money Iā€™d jump on there stock clear out. Best in town at moment but Jim bean also are a direct source.
But the British vendors have always stored what they have correct.

4 Likes

As I know crop king seeds are no namesā€¦

here are a few others:
D.C Seed Exchange
Weed Guardian Family Tree
Attitude Seed Bank ( there is one in the UK and a new branch as opened in the US)
Get Seeds Right Here
(these send world wide)

2 Likes

:cowboy_hat_face:strain supermarket is in the UK i believe :mage:

1 Like

my favorite is Guptilla strain

2 Likes

WOW !! and I thought I bought from a million places/bank also FYI - 3/4 of these breeders are at ā€œAttitude Seed Bankā€ (Worlds Largest Seed Bank) Started to use them when that had about 40 banks; 20yr ago ()believe ther are at least 250 breeders listed - +) Never no issues (even sent cash) Itā€™s a good place and easy way to check out other breeders: one site. But ordering direct from the breeder makes it easy if seeds are not via-a-bull>

@zephyr - here is one (breeder) I misspelled ā€“ Sawneyā€™s Seeds ( he might be assoiated to CannRelief which you said watch out for

2 Likes

Attitude are reliable used them for years, and they were the main source for Americans before you started your little revolution.
Itā€™s funny to think of all the seeds that made it out of USA, made it back over there from Europe and then off on world dominance.
Those plants are the dominant species on earth they keep us to do there bidding lol
I donā€™t mean the seeds these days just preservation thing.
Iā€™d use attitude any day of the week Iā€™ve come to the conclusion they keep there stock in very good condition.
You can sometimes find stuff on there that is sold out every where else and itā€™s in mint condition. But I will Normally if I can get seed as direct as possible to source

3 Likes

lol i know of attitude, but ill never shop there.

no reason to go overseas for genetics from my backyardā€¦
especially when you can buy directly from the guy making the seeds these days

if you want a list of domestic seedbanks that are reliable thatā€™s a different laundry list :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Attitude has a new bank in the US _ā€œattitude seed banks USAā€ will get you there. you right there are many banks in the US

1 Like

Hey thanks itā€™s always nice when people help know whatā€™s up for those who donā€™t yetā€¦ I appreciate that!!

Man what would we do without people in the know like you?? Shit broā€¦ Iā€™ll be talking to you next time I actually buy seedsā€¦

3 Likes

used them years ago --rate them poor !! *(would not use)

I was ripped from Preservation Society. They didnā€™t even bother to answer. So i tell them to fock off and to buy some candles with the money. I ordered from that pricks because rsc malana could be contaminated.

2 Likes

welcome to the forum heyoka, and thanks for sharing your experience with that bank.

Thatā€™s correct about the malana. RSC has said that the stock gathered after 2014 and their in house preservation of that stock may be contaminated.

Did this site seem to have the 2014 or earlier malana gathered on site in the village?

Years ago I bought a lot of those 2014 malana seeds gathered on site, before the apparent contamination. Sadly they were not viable at all.

They are infected with some kind of fungal or bacterial bloom that starts on the seed shell and rots the embryo. Any that survive long enough to sprout are destroyed by the fungus. Some kind of evil himalayan pythiosis damping off fungus I suspect.

I still have a decent amount of them, thinking I may take another shot at germinating them in pure vermicompost or other compost, and watering with lactobacillus serum to innoculate them with beneficial bacteria.

4 Likes

My favoriteā€™s OGā€™s JP , DC seeds and chitownseed.

I havenā€™t seen @Automatik in a minute but he is still good to me. Love the prohibition genetics.

4 Likes

Gotta give a shout out to Old Sogā€™s Cabinet of Curiosities. Order placed Friday. Seeds in hand on Tuesday. Plus credit card payment.

4 Likes

Youā€™ll usually find me shopping at @Great_lakes_Genetics, DC Seed Exchange and Headie Gardens, sometimes JBC or SHN but not my favorites though theyā€™re fine, good for deals sometimes. Dagga Garden, Genetic Supply, Seeds For Me (Annunaki), a bunch of other smaller ones with interesting selections, great seeds from users here on their IG accounts who arenā€™t sponsors and will thus remain unnamed (but feel free to DM and ask). I order direct from Hazeman and a few other breeders like AKBB. Have used Oregon Elite for some sick sales and codes but they sorta suck, bit of a gamble and the dude is an ass.

10 Likes