Seed Banks - Who can we trust?

The Vault is great :+1:ā€¦ also sannies too, always sent Ā£ and had my shipmentā€¦ and legal seeds.com (@legalcanada"s seedbank)- i got my @LED_Seedz stuff v.quickly from his (or Ledzā€™s placeā€¦idk,
Mephistoā€™s is reliable tooā€¦ etc etcā€¦

10 Likes

Not myself; but maybe here ya find more information:

http://www.cannabisonline.es/foro/viewforum.php?f=46

http://www.cannabisonline.es/tienda-online/bancos-de-semillas/alpine.html

2 Likes

How about seedbanks that must be avoided?

1 Like

Story time, so Monday I ordered a couple packs of Ethos genetics from getseedsrighthere, some forum cookies S1 and Colorado Chem. They show up in the mail Thursday, which is fucking awesome shipping time, and there was an order mix up and he sent me a pack of mandarin cookies, citral glue R1, and Colorado Chem. I was a little disappointed I didnā€™t get the forum cookies but it was cool cause I got an extra pack of beans. I shot them a really cordial email asking if there was a mix up or if they had a surprise out of stock of the S1 cookies. They emailed me back earlier tonight and it was a mix up and theyā€™d be sending me the pack of S1 cookies out Tuesday. Thatā€™s so fucking awesome. I didnā€™t expect that at all. Needless to say I had to share/brag and let you all know about the great experience I had with them.

10 Likes

Good peeps make the rest of us better peeps.

6 Likes

mmmm peeeeeeepssss :baby_chick: :hatched_chick: :wink:

:evergreen_tree:

1 Like

Glad this story ended up with a happy ending. :+1::seedling:

3 Likes

you and getting lucky man lol

tell you whatā€¦ :+1::vulcan_salute::grimacing:

4 Likes

This is a subject for the Seedbank thread my peopleā€¦ More info for everyone to look at in there.

Prepare for warp! 3ā€¦ 2ā€¦ 1ā€¦ GO!

3 Likes

Seedsman: mixed results from them. 2 really bad experiences, 3 really good experiences, and I learned the hard way that their in-house strains can be pretty shit.

Seedsherenow: higher prices, but the best service Iā€™ve ever seen, super dank strains, fresh beans, unmatched quality guarantee. Money well spent.

New420Guy: good customer service, fast delivery, havenā€™t grown those seeds out yet, so Iā€™m unsure on the quality, but every order gets freebies. (Be warned, the guy that runs it is a super right wing conservative, as anti-immigrant as they come, if youā€™re okay with that, cool, if not, now you know. I wasnā€™t okay with my money being invested in that kind of thing so I use other seed banks now.)

ILGM: I believe they are shipping from outside the U.S. so seeds took a long time, first order never made it to me. They make me wait over a month, finally resent them, and I received the second package. Prices use to be a lot lower, but theyā€™ve jacked them way up recently and they arenā€™t really a bargain at all anymore. Youā€™re almost better buying them from better breeders. ZERO information concerning what genetics are actually being used to create the strains. If you sign up for the mailing list, no amount of effort or computer skills will get you off their email list.

Strainly: Iā€™ve had a mixed experience, some because of the sellers, and some because of the interface. Iā€™m the type of buyer that researches everything I buy, especially crosses. Strainlyā€™s interface doesnā€™t really have a great system for listing parentage of strains, although, most of the sellers on Strainly right now seem pretty lousy at being responsive or having any customer service skills, so Iā€™m not sure a better interface would help. I think @Strainly could put a dent in this problem by offering a popup or highlights window where they give customer service tips. I accidentally listed seeds I was actually hunting for and got slammed in the face with way to many scroll menus. Overall, I have a lot of hope for Strainly and even after some mediocre experiences, Iā€™ve still purchased half a dozen strains from multiple sellers and visit frequently.
(Sidenote: Weedmaps and Leafly started out with the same menu/listing issues and both are bigger than ever, so I have great hope for Strainly.)

9 Likes

Hi everyone,

This will indeed seem biased but we thought this was important to point to an article we came across recently.

The article concludes: ā€œWell, for better or worse, the industry is changing and newer and more powerful players are entering the fold. The industrialization of cannabis is surely upon us and depending on oneā€™s perspective, this inevitable commercialization is either a promising industry advance or a crippling blow to a community that started out with more modest intentions.ā€

Not sure what it means for breeders currently working with Seedsmanā€¦

We have very different opinions on the topicā€¦

4 Likes

I would suggest, legal Canada, seeds here now, Greenpoint seeds, James bean. There are quite a few more that others will chime in.
Iā€™ve had great luck with nearly all of this sites vendor/members

5 Likes

3 posts were split to a new topic: Greyskull San Diego

Iā€™ve ordered once from all these, got my orders delivered to the US in a timely manner, and they all germinated at an acceptable rate:
The Single Seed Centre (my go to if I want singles, but a bit expensive)
Herbieā€™s Head Shop
OASeeds (usually cheapest prices I can find)

5 Likes

Attitude, James Bean and Great Lakes have been good for me.

5 Likes

Cannabeanery has some fire aswell and good service

3 Likes

@ezfave hey buddy I tagged you here so we donā€™t clutter up the welcome thread :wink: this are seed banks for you and if you stay around a little and get your pips up I know quite a few guys that could help you get started. And here in a few weeks Iā€™ll have some to send :grin:

5 Likes

Anyone ever order from Humboldt seed company? Good? Reliable?

2 Likes

I live in the U.S. The bank I use to buy most of my seeds is Theseedsource (incanlama) on instagram. He carries a lot of good stuff (bohdi, top dawg, oni, exotic, swamp boys etc) and always sends freebies. Some freebies are from the seed companies but most are crosses he or other people make to spread the love. Always has great customer service also.

7 Likes

Whatever you talkā€¦ the best deal you can make is with SpeesCees ( www.nomercyseeds.eu )
Only regular seedsā€¦but clean ( read NOT manipulated ) and honest top seeds.( up to F8 )
We like to share the goodsā€¦ without this thing like : ā€œfreebiesā€ !
We send good, cheap and quality seeds and we donā€™t send ā€œfreebiesā€ā€¦ why should we ?
Inside the nomercyseeds mind itā€™s still SHIVA who rules us.

SpeesCees

3 Likes