Seed Banks - Who can we trust?

Spoke to Jeff and he said he’d take a cheque made out to cash as a help for us to get the payment done … I don’t know how money orders work? Just know we can’t do it from here which sux. We’re probably going to just DHL the cash over as it seems like the only other option which is a fucking arm and a leg on top of an already big order … (he’s only keeping our order aside for a week) so yeah we’re between a rock and a hard place

1 Like

Ahh, ok.

For money orders,
Western Union tends to have service centers around the world, money transfers are fast but they usually have to go to a named individual. Plus, there is a service fee. Then that would need to be converted to a blank money order. Then, there is the time it’ll take to get that in the mail over to GLG.

If GLG would take a Western Union transfer directly that would be the fastest. But, I kinda doubt they’d be keen on that.

It takes a week sometimes to just get the mail over to them. And that’s stateside! And, priority, too.

Lot’s of logistics that need to go perfectly on a short timeframe.

1 Like

Yeah we asked if we could do MoneyGram or WU but like you say it has to have a recipient name in order for us to send. DHL can have parcels delivered to states in 48hours but costs about $75… that’s a lot out here given the exchange rate but right now it’s looking like our only option. Lol the thing we do for beans :joy::joy::joy::joy::joy:

1 Like

Lol, yeah. Can be well worth it, though.

I’m sure one of us can be of more help in the future if the timeframes are a bit more relaxed. Lot’s of potential for delay doing the international stuff.:unamused:

2 Likes

Thanks mate… Agreed things can get difficult coming from across the pond hehe

3 Likes

Seed City IMHO. Have used them many times. Awesome extra stealthy shipping method. Reasonable prices.Good service, rapid shipping and the vast majority of seeds hatch just fine. Also the ‘bulk’ seeds, are all well know strains that are cheap as chips and I can verify they are the real deal as I have now tried 4 different varieties and all good.

1 Like

I’m surprised more seedbanks don’t accept Bitcoin or other crypto. Totally anonymous and instantaneous!

Take this from someone who used to do a lot of importing with DHL and K&N (brought most stuff over on containers but would sometimes need small stuff for customer)…

The faster it travels, the more scrutiny it will get from Customs. Sometimes the slower is better.

6 Likes

@Sunvalley I see you still were working on the bean order…I’m in Michigan is there anything I can do to help?

3 Likes

Curiouse as to what your bad expieriance with seedsman was ,used them once other then slow shipping which may be beyond there controll I had no issues

I agree. I have placed a few orders with them. Not only did they get the order out within 3-4 days, and shipping only took 8-10 days to the West Coast of the US, but they were a fraction of the cost in shipping (about $7). Some of the venders in Canada want to charge $30 to $40 for a fraction of the distance and still say it will be two weeks.

As to the seeds themselves, I don’t think I ever had a seed that didn’t germinate. Now that doesn’t mean I didn’t kill it before it matured, but the sprouted.

1 Like

I’m using seedsman again, but only when an American site doesn’t have what I’m looking for.
About 5 years ago I made a 5 photo strain order and what I received was 2 correct strains, 2 where completely wrong and one was an auto. When I contacted them, they said they could replace my seeds with other wrong seeds. I finally gave up and just selected other wrong seeds. Then when those arrived 1 was right, 1 was wrong and 1 was another auto.

6 Likes

My guess is that they have got their act together. I have only been ordering from them for two years and they have been great (though I don’t order more than two types at a time). Never a problem.

4 Likes

Jumping in late on this one - checkout the Vault www.cannabis-seeds-store.co.uk! Our online reviews are good and we work with OG a lot on give-aways…

6 Likes

If your UK/Europe I can recommend one of our sponsors Skunk24.
https://skunk24.com
The extra freebie seeds offer is awesome if you pay by bank transfer to their UK bank account

2 Likes

Check out .seedsherenow and Bog Seeds

email at bogland72@gmail.com

10 Likes

All popped all sprouted and have their first set of leaves. I think they are growing a little slow but it’s been over a decade since I have grown. Ordered some BOG and won a few auctions at gps. So I will start a grow journal here pretty soon.

4 Likes

:speaking_head: :mega:

:musical_keyboard: :musical_note: 1,2,3,4 I smell a breeder trade-war :joy_cat: :wink:

j/k :hugging:

:evergreen_tree: must be stoned or something

4 Likes

@BogSeeds Dude! Tell me of your wares! I’m clueless on strains. Do you make Fem seeds? Outdoor grower here…ain’t got time for males lol

6 Likes

OMG, Lady… You gotta listen to his interview on the Potcast show: (https://soundcloud.com/user-928350579-16614181/episode-26-ft-bog-of-bog-seeds) . :yum:

Free of charge old man! :wink:

:evergreen_tree:

8 Likes