Seed Banks - Who can we trust?

So I just wanted to air my beef with seedsman. The good news is I have always received my order although it now takes 20-25 days. The price and selection is good.
My problem is my last two orders I did not receive all the freebies I was supposed to receive.
The first order I signed up for Bitcoin to get 8 free seeds and they sent 6. I let them know and they had a bad attitude and kind of ticked me off so I wrote back and they did give me some points.
So I order again and they say I’ll get 8 freebies again for Bitcoin and they send 4. When I contacted them again they just said they aren’t doing 8 anymore. Well then change the website before your policy!
They are generous with discounts and freebies but I feel cheated when they say they are going to give me something with my purchase and they don’t. Second time shame on me. I’ll be trying somebody else next time.
End of rant

8 Likes

Yeah that’s a bit crap, service needs to still count for something. You know, I have used a number of seed banks now, the one I have settled on as most dependable is Seed City, mostly because they have a range of single seeds as big as pretty much anyone, prices are competitive, they have a good selection of cheap generics of well known strains that I have tested and was pleasantly surprised by and their stealth shipping method is fast and reliable. I have never had a package intercepted or lost here and our customs guys are off the hook zealots. The last order I got had 2 Humbolt Bubba’s Gift thrown in on top of the freebies I had already selected. Oh unfortunately they also have probably the worst web site on the entire internet, but don’t let that scare you away.

2 Likes

Thanks. I might try them next. The website isn’t to bad and they do have a good selection. :+1:

1 Like

Jordan of the islands. https://jordanoftheislands.ca

7 Likes

Just got an order from Jordan. All as promised free 12 seeds as well. Took like a week or so.

5 Likes

@PoppaPuff what ya get?

2 Likes

Blue god (blueberry crush edition)
Black cali grapes super dave genetics
And freebie was black cotton candy delicious seeds

6 Likes

Go here!

https://fdmseeds.com

5 Likes

Just got their c99 delivered this week. Only trouble I had was with the transfer so I ended up just sending Money order. Can’t wait to try them soon.

1 Like

@BogSeeds it’s getting faster lately. The upgrade will accelerate your sales a lot while further improving safety :wink:

Strainly 2.0 is on its way :wink:

3 Likes

This may belong in the new “Pet Peeves” thread, but I have gone to many of the seed banks that are mentioned here, but have one main problem with most of them. You go to the site and they will have the seeds divided by breeder, which is good for those who are looking for a specific breeder, but try to find a strain with High CBD/ Low THC, or any other way to search through their offerings. Many times you have to look at each of a hundred or more strains, and even then some don’t even give you any approximate levels of CBD, no less THC.

For someone who is looking for specifics many just don’t cut it.

2 Likes

That is a low CBD example from crop king up here in Canada but I just wanted to check and see that under “more info” they are a vendor that gives you what you are looking for.

CBD is really starting to take the spot light in professional and investor conversations in Canada… They demand for medicinal especially for Cancer continues to grow. Basically everyone with Cancer gets weed right away in Canada I think. especially CBd gummy bears or similar edibles. I believe the government stats for the industry said the production of CBD oils increased like 6 times more than dry herb did (which obviously comes first). But I think with recreational getting legalized we kind of overlook the side of the industry where the demand for cbd oils is really apparent for medicinal “non-prescription” applications. over the counter.

EDIT:

had to go get that very interesting market data for anyone who cares. Look at how much CBD oil went up in production last year vs dry herb. That being said it was also before we “officially” legalized dry herb. even now with vendors licenses for brick and mortar stores having being awarded that trend remains. in fact production of oil in WEIGHT even exceeds dry herb in Canada (even through its such a refined product) so you can picture all the “bails of hay” being processed into gummy bears vs. that dank aaaa herb someone like me would rather be smokin.

https://www.canada.ca/en/health-canada/services/drugs-medication/cannabis/licensed-producers/market-data.html

that being said, you can always just smoke up some high cbd herb too! even cheaper. also that is also on the rise.

whether it’s pain or help sleeping, menstrual, ect. even anxiety i think. those people who couldn’t get an rx for medical marijuana before are suddenly able to legally purchase.

I also know the NHLPA is doing a blind study with Canopy Growth for the effectiveness of CBD folksy-concussion symptoms vs. opiats. plenty of anecdotal evidence but they are know doing a data driven medical study.

You see the tester kits comming out. I predict it will be months, not years, before all breeders/seed banks are listing avg. CBD, THC, and… those other ones i can’t remember… “nutrition information” you could even get phenos specific to really impress the hipters.

I have looked at them and they not only list levels, but they divide their offerings right on the main page. If I want a medical strain, it is clearly seperated. I have looked at them and would consider them.

I hope so. I have continued to buy from places like Seedsman because I can check a box for High CBD and Low THC and it lists only those strains. I have tried only CBD and for me it does not work well. Having some THC has helped with both pain and inflamation, but narrowing down a consistent combination is ongoing. Sites are going to need to provide more of this information and provide some way to search for the profiles you are looking for, especially when they are adding hundreds of strains to their offerings.

Although it also doesn’t help that many of the US and Canadian shops cost more and charge more in shipping than many of the European sellers. Why does it cost $30 to ship from Canada to the US, by Regular Mail, when the same cost $6 from Spain and the timing is about the same?

1 Like

i’ve here the strain “Penny wise” is the shit for CBD.

1 Like

I have looked at it, but are looking at THC levels at below 5 for now. This one is more balanced towards 1:1. If the low THC ones don’t work out, it is definitely my first buy, if anyone will actually keep them in stock.

2 Likes

I tried one called Sunkiss CBD. definitely not a strong buzz at all but I don’t have any way to evaluate CBD effectiveness.

1 Like

I just ordered from True North Seed Bank. Very happy, 5 stars. Paid about 180 CAD/130 USD via interac e-transfer Monday morning for 8 Brothers Grimm Apollo XX and they give you choice of 1 free feminized Canuk seed with every order. Got a Super Lemon Haze.

Note that they give you 20% off your first purchase if you join the mailing list and they knock off 10% in future purchases if you use interac e-transfer. Can’t combine those discounts though.

Bros Grimm links directly to TNSB on their website so I know I got the real deal here. They seem to be sold out of a lot of desirable strains at TNSB, couldn’t get the Cinderella 99…

Arrived today, Thursday. 4 days! Granted, I am 1 hour west of Toronto so I coulda just driven there and actually bought them in person… It a sucks that it costs another 30 bucks to ship to the states though!

As good as TNSB is, next time I’m ordering from FDMseeds.com anyway. After reading around here, seems like some of the best genetics you can buy.

5 Likes

I am fond of Great Lakes Genetics, Headie Gardens on IG, DC Seed Exchange, and Fleur du Mal Seeds. All US based, all easy to deal with, and all are honest/reliable. I prefer to deal with domestic seedbanks, just less hassle.

As far as European seedbanks I have ordered from Attitude and OAseeds with success for the things you can’t easily get stateside. Check out SeedCop on seedfinder.eu they have a rating system.

Maybe @GrowHard can make some recommendations; he’s ordered more beans than most people have had hot meals.

8 Likes

I have found that you can trust most of them these days. I really havent had any problems, except with some people on Strainly.
[Headie Gardens] (http://www.headiegardens.com) (PW is muffcabbage) and GLG is where I have primarily gone for Bodhi packs. Headie also has Doc D seeds, and his stuff is killer.

My most recent order was from Nordic Genetics , only took a week from Denmark to the US for 7-9 dollars.
I am a fan of The Seed Bazaar , it was set up by the guys from Dark Horse as a direct to breeder source. They are slowly adding more and more breeders.
If you are looking for Hazeman seeds, its best to go direct by email Hazemanseeds@gmail.com for a list. His freebies are great too.
I have found some gems from a little known site, [ACSB] (http://www.acsb.co).

Only place I avoid is greenline. I’ve heard too many stories, and I can get the same thing else where.

8 Likes

Newguy420 and ppp southwest bakery has nice autos.

2 Likes