Seed Banks - Who can we trust?

I have been buying seeds for a long time.
First from SSSC. Then Marc Emery, Seeds Direct and Nirvana.

More recently Herbies, World of Seeds and Attitude. I have used Attitude mostly, but have never had a problem with any of them.

For my next purchase I will use one of the US based banks.

2 Likes

thatā€™s really funny, I was thinking the same thing. Huge ads in cheesy stoner mags doesnā€™t help either.

2 Likes

Does anyone know a good site to get BOG seeds online usally do attitude bank but they are not on there

1 Like

GTA seedbank in Canada has stocked BOG for a few years now.

2 Likes

Thanks ill have to check em out i met miss bog at the 2014 denver cup n she was really nice folk i wanted to try some of their stuff out but i was broke at the time!!!

3 Likes

If you declare any Cannabis seeds shipped into the US, they will be seized or refused by the PO unless you are a federally licensed Cannabis grower in the US with a DEA license (there are only a handful of those). Shipping viable Cannabis seeds by mail is not legal into or from the US, or inside the US. Nor is taking them across state lines by any means. Hemp seed is a special case (low to zero THC Cannabis strains), but you need a permit to ship them across state lines and it is getting harder to do that legally. Lots of places sell hemp seeds here in the states and say they are legal to ship, but that is debatable. Most hemp seeds are sold in state. Cannabis of all types is classified as a schedule 1 narcotic in the US by the Feds (even CBD), and as such is as illegal as heroin here at the federal level. At the state level, it varies by state. In Oregon, you can transport plants, flowers and seeds by any means, but not by US post, and not on federal lands (BLM, National Forest, National Park, or Indian Lands). You can even fly with Cannabis here now, as long as the flight is not out of state. Cannabis seeds in bird seed has been allowed here in the US, but only if they have been irradiated to render them sterile. You can also buy hemp seeds by the pound in the health food stores here, but they are also sterile and usually hulled.

As such you need to disguise any seeds being shipped and use packaging that prevents them from being crushed in the mail.

5 Likes

In Canada > HempDepot.ca
In the USA > GreatLakesGenetics.com
In Spain > TheGreenPool.net

All three of these are reputable / reliableā€¦

2 Likes

Police busted Kingston420. They were sponsoring a growers competition. Owner figures the warrant was for the seeds. Agriculture canada was in on it, and they got the bonus of all the cup entries, and some entrants walking in with samples. Hope this isnā€™t a sign of the great pre=legalization arrest bonanza, to clear the competition for lpā€™s. Give it a while before ordering seeds from them.

3 Likes

OK, I said bad things about Dutch Passion earlier in this threadā€¦the seeds from them germinated poorly which pissed me off.

However, of the few plants I did get, they were excellent. Orange Hill Skunk and White Widow are great strains. Whoever is making the seeds for them did not do well but their genetic material seems excellent.

Iā€™m actually thinking of trying more of the old-school famous Dutch strains. White Widow does have a unique test & smell and interesting buzz.

3 Likes

grew out the dutch passion original blueberry reg seeds from a few years ago, solid plants, good germ rate, but not the blueberry of legend in any way. Disappointed somewhat, but not bad for the price, didnā€™t find a keeper.

1 Like

To me, the problem with Dutch Passion is their very irregular quality: in the same seeds pack ya can find great plants but ā€œtextiles cannabisā€ too, as I said in Outdoor Grow: The Dogs House. As same as happen to GreenHouse, Barneys Farm, World of Seedsā€¦

I have told before how same of Dutch Banks (or worst Spanish Banks) make their seedsā€¦ Ya make the seeds in your grow to them n the Seed Banks pay ya 0ā€™01ā‚¬ per Seedā€¦

1 Like

Would have to agree, the DP seedlings were not uniform and several were weak & runty. I got much better consistency with TGA and Resin seeds.

Itā€™s probably true about the Spanish making all the Dutch seeds. I noticed in the VICE Strain Hunters show that Greenhouseā€™s seeds were being grown out in a MASSIVE indoor grow facility, no way that exists in Holland under the current rules. Must be Spain or Portugal. Everything is cheaper in Spain than Holland too, makes sense that they would do production there.

1 Like

They not only ā€œrentā€ indoor growers. Great Outdoor grenhouses growers too, @Muleskinner. N not only seeds; buds to Holland CoffeShops too (they have a lot of money n Spain is in a economycal crisis right nowā€¦25% of population havent a work, near of 50% in the youthā€¦:

3 growers: 20.000 female plants between 1ā€™5 to 2ā€™5 metres long growin, (n a lot of more driying, apart)ā€¦

In Barneys Farm owner words: ā€œthe best Acapulco Gold from B.F. Seeds he n his team never smokedā€. Growed here in Monte Adentro. A.G. " tropical fruits coktatil" geno:
(Barneys has the profesional camera pics taken by the CC member ROM to the B.F. Seed Bank):

9 Likes

Had excellent strains from dna genetics regs only and wouldnt hesitate to get more seeds from them and also would buy seeds from connasouir gentics seeds as they have some intresting crosses made with quality gentics.

2 Likes

To refill my war chest since I started growing again, Iā€™ve ordered from two places: Nirvana, and James Bean.

Nirvana is pretty good beans for cheap, and theyā€™ll show up when they show up. The freebies are nice, but Iā€™m disappointed that theyā€™re mystery genes.

James Bean, and I almost donā€™t want to say this out of fear of losing themā€¦ James Bean had seeds at my door in 3 days, with some very intriguing freebies thrown in. Selection is pretty good, though almost entirely modern/new crosses, but THREE DAYS?! Itā€™s almost as though they want me as a future customer with service like that.

7 Likes

Thanks for the tip about World of Seeds. The seeds are still in their packages. One is their Origens Collection. Kwazulu and three others. I also bought some other breeders seeds from them in original packaging, like Hazy Daze from French Touch, or maybe it was Tropical Seeds. Hope some are ligit.

Maybe French Touch is sellin now the Underground Seeds Collective strains, like before Tropical Seeds Co done.
I have heard only great thing of French USC.
Best luck, @limota.

Iā€™ve ordered from Attitude for years and have no complaints. My last shipment was seized tho and I did buy the insurance or whatever so they did reship them in a normal envelope and i got themā€¦ those seeds were ok but not the best Iā€™ve gotten from them so Iā€™m not sure what to do now. I can trade clones locally but good quality seeds are harder to come by and donā€™t really want to risk buying online anymoreā€¦

1 Like

How about Aficionados of Cannabis Seedbank, they are in America and are they any good?

They only charge $5/bean and you can choose as many as you like of whatever strains they gotā€¦ Curious!

3 Likes

Now that Iā€™ve collected all the seeds Iā€™ll need until Iā€™m old and gray, hereā€™s my very brief overview of the seed banks I ordered from:

SeedsHereNow: eXtreme website (kinda slow for me, though), good selection, took a week to put the order together but still got to US east coast 9 days from ordering. Each seedpack had a SHN card stapled on to it, and they included a brochure to tell me about how theyā€™re the TOP CHOICE FOR ELITE GENETICS or something fun like that. Freebie was some candy intended for human consumption.

Seedsman: huge selection, good service, easy online ordering, some sort of Loyalty Points rewards system that probably only benefits people buying auto strains. Took 10 days to show up to US east coast after ordering. Includes freebie seeds, letting you pick between ā€œregularā€, ā€œfeminizedā€, and ā€œautoā€, telling you what they are in advance so you can maybe get something you want!

James Bean Company: smallest selection, but they have some good breeders like DJ Short, TGA, and maybe a dozen others. Online ordering involves sending then an email to reserve stock and get payment instructions. Shipping is double-take fast: first order showed up in 3 days, second order showed up in 2 days. Oh yeah, also included good freebies that Iā€™m pretty excited to try.

James Bean will be my first choice for any future seed ordering, but the other two were both entirely satisfactory. Much better than the olden days of waiting two months for a package from NL :smiley:

5 Likes