Seed collectors and seed hoarders and I mean that in a good way

I have a buddy who has 2 sons in their twenties who are currently growing my Vietnam Thunder Fuck and Jenny Kush… Hopefully they get the growing kick ass strain bug in their blood so I can give/leave my fine genetics to them…I don’t think they get high but I know their wives are stoners…If I had kids or family I would leave it to them but I don’t.

6 Likes

I don’t want to be rude, but you could sell it on the block chain and donate the money to noble causes.

:four_leaf_clover::four_leaf_clover::four_leaf_clover:

I could help with stewardship of your strains wink nudge :joy:

1 Like

Thanks but no thanks…I already donate to noble causes.

Thanks but no thanks, I sure you have plenty of seeds in your collection…

2 Likes

I haven’t really decided on having kids or not and at 25 I have bunches of time. Honestly, if the world’s still kicking or looking like it’ll kick the bucket is what will decide it.

2 Likes

If I knew I was on the way out I’d give em to you all. If it comes randomly, who knows where they’ll end up. Never married, no kids. Maybe some friends will find them or something.

5 Likes

I definitely have a bunch of stuff in my collection. You do have some interesting genetics though.

2 Likes

Some times I think about how many priceless collections have ended up in the trash after growers have passed away…

I became friends with this guy who I found out was running a warehouse all by himself. When I met him he had Lime Green Skunk, Durban Poison, Bubba Kush, and Grape Ape. Over the years, I introduced him to some people and he ended up with a serious collection of elite cuts. He had access, or had on hand pretty much everything I could think of at the time and a bunch of untested seeds. I texted his phone one day and found out from his gf he killed himself. I was devastated. I won’t lie I definitely was wondering what happened to all the genetics as well selfishly.

10 Likes

I came across this topic a few weeks ago and it really impacted me. I love seeds, and collecting and adding to the collection is one of my favorite things. On the way back from the beach the other day I mentioned to a couple close friends if anything should ever happen to me, please get the seeds I’ve collected into the community and into the hands of those who would enjoy them as much as I do. I specifically mentioned Overgrow and Icmag but I think I’m going to write a note and keep it with my seed collection and be a little more specific about it.

That said, I’m still here and I want to steward the seeds I have the best I can. Currently storing them in the fridge and the power went out and I’m not sure the best course of action to mitigate the temperature and humidity change.

My first thought was the thought of the fridge staying closed and without power it slowly losing temperature and getting all musty and humid with the seeds inside, wondering when the ideal time to take them out of the fridge would be before conditions in an unpowered fridge turned from acceptable to unacceptable. Conversely, I thought that the fridge would probably stay cool for at least a little while and that taking them out too soon might cause a shock of temperature and humidity in of itself.

Found myself in a position I’ve never been in before and not sure what the best thing to do is. Best estimate is that power should be restored within a day or two. I’m not totally freaking out, but I’m kind of freaking out. Seeds are a big part of where I draw purpose and inspiration from life. Much love

5 Likes

Not sure if you’re outage is due to the hurricane or not, but if you’re able to get out and leave, find a generator from an equipment rental place or buy one from Harbor Freight or Home Depot, Lowes… I def think a generator will be your best bet if you are able to get your hands on one somehow. Also gonna need a gas can and gas, obviously lol. Maybe some dry ice in the fridge. If you’re not able to leave or it’s not safe where you’re at, if you have some kind of plastic case or something you can seal up with tape so the humidity stays they same in the box. Not sure how you store yours, but I have a cheap Pelican-style case from Harbor Freight with an Eva-Dry desiccant dehumidifier in it, and keep that in the fridge.

2 Likes

I’ve always wanted to hear that from a woman……… 🥸

3 Likes

Hahahaha :rofl:

I might have a problem?Personal Seed Inventory.pdf (126.1 KB)

2 Likes

I love your thoughts. I have a major collection but my own seeds I bred are all I’ll ever grow except a few trials a year. I would give most of my collection away if I knew someone that would enjoy it. I traded for a few years so I understand some of your thoughts. It’s like being a stamp collector sort of.

2 Likes

I had a friend disappear on this site. And I know it’s because something bad happened to him. Just an overwhelming gut feeling.

1 Like

I’d find a cooler, throw in some dessicant packs (from camera bag or wife’s shoes or something) and move the seed collection to that.

I agree the humidity will rise in the fridge and that will be bad.

Maybe something along these lines if you have?

1 Like

I don’t even know many weed people in person. I became a medical patient about 10 years ago and had stopped for over 20 years before that. I started growing to get THCV and that required breeding, so I did. Now I have what is left of my collection. I’ve given out 500 traded seeds in the last 2 years and probably have another 500 to give away. My own strains are better than my collection. I’ll probably meet someone within driving range that would love to trade a doobie and coffee for 500 seeds.

8 Likes

I am sorry to hear that man, I hope that isn’t the case…

I never saw it coming with my friend Mike but I should have seen the writing on the wall. He went bust during the wash out in Colorado and had to sell his house and move to Wyoming. Plus experimenting with psychedelics and cocaine at age 47 was a recipe for disaster. I should have but never saw it coming. He seemed so solid.

3 Likes

I used to donate mine to seedbay to support ICMAG and had given them away…I also gave them to people outside of USA.

3 Likes

I’m catching up brother. Lol

almost full case photos and other case are autos. Got more coming and more to be made here shortly. Not sure what I’d do. probably pass them down to my son

6 Likes